Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, tonysil said:

I can't be the only one to want to see both side by side.

Don't have the second jersey back yet, but it will look like this (with the '15 patch and collar)

1517jersey2-vi.jpg

Pat Verbeek Red Wings alumni game worn jersey from the 12/31/13 game @ Comerica Park –

Updated gameworn Wings & gameworn Wings affiliates collection –

1984-1994 era -

84-85 Tiger Williams 
88-89 Joey Kocur 
88-89 Kris King 
89-90 Kevin McClelland 
90-91 Randy McKay 
91-92 Bob McGill 
91-92 Dennis Vial TC
92-93 Jim Cummins 
92-93 Gerard Gallant 
93-94 Bob Probert

1995-2011 era -

97-98 Brendan Shanahan SCF Back-up/GI
98-99 Joey Kocur PS
99-00 Todd Gill
03-04 Ryan Barnes PS
06-07 Brad Norton PS
06-07 Darryl Bootland PS
07-08 Aaron Downey
08-09 Darren McCarty
08-09 Aaron Downey SCF
11-12 Garnet Exelby

Misc. Wings & affiliates -

2013 Pat Verbeek Red Wings alumni game
98-99 Marc Rodgers Red Wings PS
89-90 Steve Yzerman Red Wings GI
94-95 Sean Gillam Red Wings TC (NOBR)
80-81 Perry Miller Adirondack Red Wings
98-99 B.J. Young Adirondack Red Wings
06-07 Brett Angel Toledo Storm
06-07 Paul Crosty Toledo Storm

2OPFqMZ.jpg

btxpbgu.jpg

jFBCAhU.jpg

a8CK69q.jpg

MjReYD8.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

Na still don't like it, the numbers was impossible to read from the stands, couldn't make out who was one, unless they were in goal, checking (Leo/Martin/Sosh) Puck on a string (Matthews/Marner) or parked infront of the net on a PP (JVR)

What's the story with those Leafs jerseys? Anything funky about the lettering? Or is it just regular stacked twill on an EDGE plate? I have to do one in the near future so I need some details.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

What's the story with those Leafs jerseys? Anything funky about the lettering? Or is it just regular stacked twill on an EDGE plate? I have to do one in the near future so I need some details.

Nothing crazy, just regular stacked twill.  Only thing out of the ordinary is the nameplates used on these were not the same height as the normal Reebok edge nameplates.  The normal nameplates are usually around 4 3/16 high while the nameplates used on these were about 1/2 inch shorter.  Not sure why but if you use a regular nameplate you'll never get the back numbers lined up on the stripes properly while having the proper spacing between the bottom of the nameplate and the top of the numbers.

Had one of these previously, but in a 58 instead of my usual 60. Was never quite happy with it. When I saw the team had 60's back in stock, I knew I had to bite the bullet and pay retail and get one. Happy to have it, one of my favorite AHL jerseys ever. 

C390F795-3758-497E-A908-E6EB87AE4774_zps

Got my Flyers Stadium Series in from JerseyBaron over the weekend. While I'm still not in love with the style, I had to get one... too worried that I would regret it later.

20 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Got my Flyers Stadium Series in from JerseyBaron over the weekend. While I'm still not in love with the style, I had to get one... too worried that I would regret it later.

This is the kind of thing you have to do if you're a fan. 

11 minutes ago, furiousd said:

This comment got me thinking - which jerseys have come out that sold out quickly at full retail?  The WCOH last fall is all that comes to mind, but I'm sure there were others.

While this is a good point... the Flyers 50th anniversary jersey would be one that is now pretty hard to get. With the switch to Adidas next year, specialty jerseys appear to be made in smaller quantities this year.

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

That's hilarious. Same thing with me and Hawks jerseys. 

Samesies with the Centennial Classic I just posted.  Don't like it at all and am still really PO'd they didn't go with the Arena's jersey they have hanging in the dressing room.

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Samesies with the Centennial Classic I just posted.  Don't like it at all and am still really PO'd they didn't go with the Arena's jersey they have hanging in the dressing room.

First dibs on any arenas jerseys that pop up :)

4 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Fer real? I love that jersey. We've been staring at the same boring Leafs jersey for decades. I wish they'd use it for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Fer real? I love that jersey. We've been staring at the same boring Leafs jersey for decades. I wish they'd use it for the rest of the season. 

Arena's jersey would have been better.  Detroit should of worn Cougars jerseys as well.

We're the freaking Maple Leafs and we shouldn't be using another teams template just with different colours on a 100th anniversary jersey.