That's what threw me. His is the bottom one. Not that the net result sewn is all that different, but it does seem less accurate. How is that so if both are accurate NHL all star patches?

Is the patch for the first one from nerdgirl_bc? Well this might be the link

My link

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the patch from altanhl isn't legit that concerns me as well cause I was looking at patches from him too...

The picture from the first patch is from nerdgirl_bc who also sells legit patches.

I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find the patch the Rangers wore for 9/11. Pictured here http://www.nhluniforms.com/Rangers/Rangers2001-02.html. Also, while I'm at it, did they ever make the Rangers jersey's that say New York across the front from that year?

Only for the game-worn versions. Then, they were auctioned off to assist the Twin Towers Fund. You won't find one of those any time soon...and if you do, you'll have to be willing to shell out some major league dough. The patch can usually be found on eBay though.

Looking for help with a 95 stanley cup finals patch (devils vs wings).

murph and pat have them, but I have no idea if they're real or not. I know they sell other replica patches which is why I ask.

of course there are a bunch on ebay, but I can't seem to find a game worn jersey of that series to see what authentics look like

http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-NHL-STANLEY-CUP-LOGO-JERSEY-PATCH-DEVILS-RED-WINGS-/370476776646?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item564222fcc6#ht_2069wt_877

http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-STANLEY-CUP-JERSEY-PATCH-NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-NHL-/130474787284?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e60e741d4#ht_2003wt_1036

I ordered it from them, but I still think it's a replica, not authentic.

Murph and Pat are legit. You should be good with them.

on a side note, has anyone taken their jersey to a seamstress/tailor to sew on a patch? It seems ridiculous to have to ship out a jersey to EPS or any of those guys just for a patch.

I took one to a tailor a few years back and I'll never do it again. Even after being very specific it was still sewn incorrectly. I don't get it because the guy sure did a great job bringing the jersey in. I just drop them off at Triple Threat Sports and they do them for $5, I know it's not a great option if you don't live in the Chicago area. If you go the tailor route just be very specific or they'll just throw the thing on there sloppy as can be.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Even when I am back home in Chicagoland, I'm never that far south to hit up TTS.

Perhaps a better question would be to ask a place around the Los Angeles area. I don't know where the Kings or Ducks have their work done, but that might be another option.

I had a dry cleaner/tailor sew the Rangers 85th patch onto a jersey. They actually did a pretty good job, patch is straight and completely flat, but obviously it's not stitched professionally like you would see on a factory jersey. Can't even see the thread, though. I wouldn't do it again now that I know better, though.

http://www.stitchesnj.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=patch02

Anyone know if they're legit for patches? I need one of these.

I'm pretty sure the 9/11 patches were never retailed. The only place to get an authentic one is from one of the gameworn jerseys themselves.

I don't know how accurate that is, I see retail authentics with them. Can anyone confirm? Brilliant?

I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find the patch the Rangers wore for 9/11. Pictured here http://www.nhlunifor...rs2001-02.html. Also, while I'm at it, did they ever make the Rangers jersey's that say New York across the front from that year?

Only for the game-worn versions. Then, they were auctioned off to assist the Twin Towers Fund. You won't find one of those any time soon...and if you do, you'll have to be willing to shell out some major league dough. The patch can usually be found on eBay though.

I don't know how accurate that is, I see retail authentics with them. Can anyone confirm? Brilliant?

Guess I got the jersey and patch confused.

Guess I got the jersey and patch confused.

I actually think you're right about the patches (definitely true for the "New York" jerseys). If the patches were available in 2001, they were in limited quantities.

There have of course been reproductions, and very good ones. I have a 2001 gamer (pre-season) and I've yet to see a 9-11 ribbon patch for sale that is exactly the same.

Gamer Patch:

mckenna_patch_sm.jpg

Repro Patch:

nyr911.jpg

• TMLFAN locked this topic