• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arent the cup patches from 2000-2004 suppose to have the rounded edge?

1990 after the trade, 90-91 and 91-92 definitely. Also, 1994-95 definitely. The only ones I don't know about is 92-93 and 93-94. I can't understand why he WOULDN'T wear the A those years though.

Is this bad-boy good to go? I want to put it with (but not necessarily on, yet) my newly-purchased Lidstrom jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Detroit-Red-Wings-NHL-Hockey-Yzerman-Retirement-Patch-/200476783680?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ead58f440#ht_500wt_922

Assuming the one shown on NHLPatches.info is correct, that one is a bit off ...

det_19.jpg

That's what I don't get either.

1990 after the trade, 90-91 and 91-92 definitely. Also, 1994-95 definitely. The only ones I don't know about is 92-93 and 93-94. I can't understand why he WOULDN'T wear the A those years though.

I did a little research on the subject afterwards. In looks like, in 1992-93, at least for the last part of the year and playoffs anyway, Dirk Graham was the captain and Brent Sutter wore an A. Chelios did not and as far as I can tell, neither did Larmer or Goulet; the two other obvious choices.

Here's a good shot of Chris with the A in 1993-94 though:

19940424_wendelclark_checks_chrischelios_446w.jpg

That's the playoff series against the Leafs.

That's a good reproduction, and you sure as hell aren't going to find any real ones. I'm pretty sure (JeffB can confirm this because I know I asked him about this once) they only sold them at the game, or not at all. If you want that patch its going to have to be through a repro.

The Canucks 25th is a Repro.

Big giveaways are:

Thickness of the Black border around the "25" is too thick, the authentic patch was very thin.

The "EST. Vancouver Canucks 1970" font is too small and the period location is centered too high. The Authentic has longer length font and fills the banner.

Last few points would be the white border is too thick around the patch, and the Canucks Logo where the skate details are should be black red and yellow with clear separation of colors. The ebay repro looks all red and yellow.

Hope it helps.

I did a little research on the subject afterwards. In looks like, in 1992-93, at least for the last part of the year and playoffs anyway, Dirk Graham was the captain and Brent Sutter wore an A. Chelios did not and as far as I can tell, neither did Larmer or Goulet; the two other obvious choices.

Did some more digging and looks like in some pictures he did wear it and other he didn't. Here's a pic of him with it which is good enough for me. I'll put it on the jersey even if he didn't wear it the entire season.

chicago-blackhawks-chris-chelios-29-parkhurst-1993-nhl-trading-card-1441-p.jpg

1992-93_parkhurst.jpg

The small, raised edge around the outside of that patch is a sure sign it's reproduction.

As for the Yzerman patch, this is the one I went with. The top of the 1 should not be curved like many of the fakes. This one also has the right font for the C in the upper corner. I'm pretty certain it's a reproduction, but it was the best looking one I found on ebay.

2455632730100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Looking for the LA Kings 9/11 AM patch. Anyone have anything out there? The ones on ebay are decent; but looking for something better. Any info or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Technically, no, it's not legit but it's the best one you will ever find.

Since I'm sure you know that was never, ever available for a decade and then suddenly appears out of nowhere, you just have to know it's a reproduction. Honestly, for as long as you have been participating on this board, I'm shocked you would even have to ask.

Am I being to harsh, or is it time the board veterans learn from the same questions being asked 100 times over?

Technically, no, it's not legit but it's the best one you will ever find.

Since I'm sure you know that was never, ever available for a decade and then suddenly appears out of nowhere, you just have to know it's a reproduction. Honestly, for as long as you have been participating on this board, I'm shocked you would even have to ask.

Am I being to harsh, or is it time the board veterans learn from the same questions being asked 100 times over?

I thought the location of "Cnina, China" gave it away.

Question regarding the application of patches to a jersey. I have a Stanley Cup patch that had the hard plastic backing, which has since been removed. Since this patch doesn't have the adhesive on the back to press it onto the jersey before sewing, is there a possibility that the patch could eventually "bubble up" after washing?

Question regarding the application of patches to a jersey. I have a Stanley Cup patch that had the hard plastic backing, which has since been removed. Since this patch doesn't have the adhesive on the back to press it onto the jersey before sewing, is there a possibility that the patch could eventually "bubble up" after washing?

Nope. You shouldn't have any issues with that.

The small, raised edge around the outside of that patch is a sure sign it's reproduction.

As for the Yzerman patch, this is the one I went with. The top of the 1 should not be curved like many of the fakes. This one also has the right font for the C in the upper corner. I'm pretty certain it's a reproduction, but it was the best looking one I found on ebay.

2455632730100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Were the official Yzerman retirement patches ever sold at retail? I don't think I've ever seen a non-reproduction version for sale.

Wishlist:

A CCM Replica NY Rangers White Liberty Blank (Large)

Sean Avery Hartford Wolfpack Navy (ive seen one on ebay but not in my size) (large)

A white 2006 CCM Rangers Road Jersey Authentic 46 or 48 (Depends on cut of the jersey).

• TMLFAN locked this topic