I think that one's good as well. Shauna sells good stuff too. I buy patches from her all the time. In fact, speaking of All-Star jerseys, I got my Wings shoulder one from her last week:

DetroitRedWingsshoulderpatch-vi.jpg

I think, depending on the logo, they didn't have much of a border on them. I honestly don't know though. If you could find a good shot of one of those jerseys, you might be able to tell.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't know how they'd be able to sew it on. I bought one from her a while ago, and looking at it, there's not much of a border to sew. It looks like it'd have to cut into the white edge that's part of the logo. I'll keep looking, but as always thanks for your help.

Well, I can't imagine it'd be any different than the Wings one I have. Believe it or not, the Wings crest is exactly the same way. There's no real border; the stitching just goes right into the white embroidery on the edges and up close you can clearly see where it went into the feathers and such. I wouldn't worry too much about it since it's just going on the shoulder and nobody will be able to tell. Believe me, when it comes to the on-ice jerseys, there are MANY instances where stuff isn't put on perfect. I've seen crooked nameplates, crooked numbers, patches that looked like they were stitched on by a ten-year-old and all sorts of other crap. That's one of the reasons why I stopped obsessing over the strightness of numbers or the exact placements of patches. For instance, take a look at a game-worn Canada Cup patch from 1991:

1991CanadaCupUSA3-vi.jpg

It looks sloppy as all get-out but oh well!

Haha that is pretty sloppy. And yea, I normally don't care, but the 1998 all star is a grail of mine since I was a kid so I want it to be right. I don't want to put the wrong Flyers logo on the shoulder and regret it haha. If it was a replica I wouldn't care. I try to get authentics right though.

Hmmmm...you might be right about that border. I did a little research on game-worn versions of All-Star jerseys and the ones I've seen definitely have the white border on it. I guess that one is incorrect.

I've seen crooked nameplates, crooked numbers, patches that looked like they were stitched on by a ten-year-old and all sorts of other crap.

You must be talking about this:

STALBERG1-S1.jpg

http://www.tobeman.net/uvm.htm

According to NHLuniforms the Lake Placid patch was worn on the blue and white jerseys. The one I bought off of ebay a few years back for my Islanders jersey was close, but did not have the black border. I suppose I could have colored it with a sharpie, but never tried.

2893132410100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

The only ones I've seen were on MItchell and Ness jerseys and they won't sell you a patch separately.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Patch-Sports-Olympic-Winter-Games-1980-Lake-Placid-/250570457973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5729c375

I saw this one but it looks kinda crappy, anyone know anywhere to buy better, or will this be the best?

Thanks Jeff I use that site all the time I don't know why I didn't think to check.

Hey Jeff, what are the dimensions for that patch? I'm going to check with the guy on ebay to see if his is even the right size.

My patch is 3" x 4". Whenever I've seen a black border one, they've been that 2 1/2" size you linked to. I think your best bet is to get a larger white border one and try to color the border with a sharpie if you can do it carefully and keep the ink off the white background.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I feel like I'm monopolizing this thread...but I am looking for the shoulder patches for the '89 Alberta all star sweater. Ebay doesn't have either. The sweater itself is a ccm replica so reproductions are fine, but I would like them and it to look the best it could be. Thanks

Don't worry; that's what it's here for!

Of all the All-Star patches ever worn, that one is definitely the hardest to find. I've only seen a handful on eBay and they went for big bucks too. Did you check murfandpat.com? They have a lot of obscure stuff like that.

That one looks good. You said you don't care if it's a reproduction, right? Because the ones used on the ice were screened on instead of embroidered. It's still nice looking though.

Yup, would have liked the screened one but that seems out of reach.

Make your own!

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/09/hockey-jersey-training-camp-day-6-how.html

2489502250100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Looking for a World cup of hockey patch for one of these badboys

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2004/1230/photo/g_iginla.jpg

http://www.morepatches.com/servlet/the-763/WORLD-CUP-HOCKEY-WCH/Detail

I'm guessing thats a re-production?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-World-Cup-Hockey-Jersey-Patch-/130342180415?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e58ffd63f

altanhl sells the best versions of that patch there is I think. The one that you posted has that rounded edge and the ones on the ice were blocked off. Here's what I mean:

2004WorldCupofHockeyCanada-vi.jpg

See how the left bottom corner is an actual edge? Those repros have that rounded off and it drives me crazy. I tried trimming it off once but it came out terrible.

So my never-ending problem might be reaching a culmination. I'm dying to get some Flyers All Star jerseys made up, but I can't find a good shoulder patch. The biggest problems I'm having are finding one with the correct center circle size and finding one with a border. I also have conflicting images on the size of the circle, so I need help.

This one blatantly shows a circle almost filling the center; I assumed these were the jerseys waiting for the players for the game:

allstars-1.jpg

But this one seems like it has a smaller center:

Richards-1.jpg

And this one is an older one, and I just have no clue what to do for this:

LeClair-1.jpg

The collector patch on NHL might match, but I can't tell:

p3298309dt.jpg

I can't find any game worn pictures that show the Flyers logo...and it's really freakin' annoying. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Also, if the collector one is right, who sells them the cheapest? Thanks guys.

• TMLFAN locked this topic