Were the official Yzerman retirement patches ever sold at retail? I don't think I've ever seen a non-reproduction version for sale.

They were never sold at retail. The one Jeff posted is about as close as you can get - some minor differences between it and the gameworn patches (the gameworn has squared corners, the logo is positioned differently, etc.).

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2006_07_Dominik_Hasek_Red_Wings_Game_Worn_Jersey_19_Yzerman_Retirement_Patch_Photo_Matched_Team_Letter-957-29.html

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--1994 Stanley Cup Finals blue New York Rangers Brian Leetch jersey

--1978-79 Stanley Cup playoffs New York Rangers blue Anders Hedberg jersey

--1960 Squaw Valley Olympics USA white Tommy Williams jersey

--1933 IIHF World Championships USA Gerry Cosby jersey

All game-worn. Get on those for me, will you?

I would like to find an Av's Starter burgandy mesh in a size 52, 54, or 56 that I could make into a Kamensky. I love the look of those jerseys and Kamensky was my favorite Av's player.

I'm looking for authentics except for the wildwing..

1) Blackhawks Koho either Red or Black size 48

2) Blackhawks CCM Ultrafil any. especially Gunzo stamped or Barberpole..48 or 52

3) Mighty Ducks Wildwing size XL

4) New Jersey Devils ultrafil size 48 or 52

5) Edmonton Oilers 80's style size 48 or 52

6) Montreal Canadiens early 90's 48 or 52

7) Montreal Canadiens Barber Pole Edge 52/54/56

8) San Diego Gulls 48/50/52

9) Any AHL/ECHL or other minor league jerseys

And to complete my Eddie Olczyk collection:

Late 80's Maple Leafs size 48 or 52 (home or away)

Early 90's Winnepeg Jets size 48 or 52 (home or away)

I'm always looking for Wings white and red 550 replicas in size large or xl and Wings authentics in the same size.

I'm not really sure if it's authentic or not so I'm trying to figure this out...I'm guessing no in comparing it to what I've seen on other jerseys but since I can't find any closeups of the real deal I can't say for sure:

IMAG0064.jpg

Hey, It's not real.

The big differences are the lack of detail in the cup, and the player. The font is also indicative of a repro since the lettering has the little thread connecting it from letter to letter.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=765

I kind of figured it wasn't, I tried comparing but couldn't find too many close ups of a real one and being that my eyes are not the best it was hard for me to tell. Thanks!

That might be the best you can find right now though. Those things are getting very hard to come by nowadays; especially the French ones which are practically non-existent.

For future reference, here's a game-worn version:

anleyCup100thanniversarySabres-vi.jpg

Hey Mike (or Jeff or any other person of the mod persuasion) maybe we could merge this with the Patch thread and then sticky the Patch thread like the "arrivals" and "is it good" threads?

I think because the Patch thread sometimes get buried people miss it.

Just a thought ...

Anyone know where I can find a Harold Ballard Leafs patch??

post-70-129625040307_thumb.gif post-70-129625040723_thumb.gif

Can anyone find a reproduction, as I can't seem to find one.... (given this, finding an authentic will be next to impossible)

If anyone can find an authentic, I'd obviously prefer that, but i'll take anything at this point....

And on the Leafs tip.... does anyone have these in authentics?

post-70-129625044748_thumb.gif post-70-129625045113_thumb.gif

Brilliant edit: Fixed your pictures.

I have been looking everywhere for one of these.Anyone know where to find a 2003 Young Stars patch?

http://nhlpatches.info/team.htm

I have been looking everywhere for one of these.Anyone know where to find a 2003 Young Stars patch?

http://nhlpatches.info/team.htm

Me thinks you meant to link this page: http://nhlpatches.info/patches/TAM/tam_ysg03.htm

Anyway, I'd assume those weren't available for retail sale, since even Klaus (the proprietor of the aforementioned patch site) doesn't even have on.

does anyone know what the patch was the rookies were wearing on their ASG jerseys last night?

Can't really make out what the patch is for, but here is the only pic I could find of anyone wearing it.

Hall.jpg

I was able to get a 2004 Young Stars patch just by happening to be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

The game was sponsored by Upper Deck and they were giving them out randomly at their booth at that year's Fan Fest. A friend of mine happened to get one and clued me in so I was able to go over there and request one.

A few made their way onto ebay after that, but I've never seen any of them from any years readily available for purchase on demand. It's a tough one.

2685622410100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2980683960100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Since there was no separate game this year, I'm not sure if the rookie participation was sponsored in any way to even give you a lead on where to begin a search beyond the usual checking on ebay to see if any make their way there following this years all-star event.

Right now, I wanna get my hands on:

-A white Mighty Ducks jersey (late 90s third or 96-06 regular with shoulder patches), replica or authentic

-Any authentic Anaheim Ducks, black/white/third, Edge or 6100 jersey from 06-present

In sizes 54, 56, and/or XXL

If anyone knows of any good deals, or has any they are willing to relinquish, please let me know B)

Edited by INTENSE Mighty Ducks Fan

I was wondering if anyone could confirm for me that this 2008 Winter Classic patch is real. Considering it comes in the packaging with a plastic backing, I'm assuming it is, but the measurements are different for each of the ones I find on ebay. Anyway, I'm looking for one to put on my Edge jersey, so I want to make sure it's legit and the size is appropriate as well. Much thanks to any who can help.

Patch: http://cgi.ebay.com/Official-2008-Winter-Classic-Patch-Pittsburgh-Penguins-/330493912410?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf2f8e55a#ht_881wt_1141

Other patches a search turns up that I'm leery of since they come loose. I bought one before and just recently realized it was a reproduction (thankfully before I ever got around to putting it on a jersey). Of course, if any of the others are in fact legitimate patches, I'd obviously prefer one of those rather than going through the process of removing the plastic backing. (Thanks to JeffB for the tutorial on that btw, it helped on a recent patch). http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=2008+Winter+Classic+Patch&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I was wondering if anyone could confirm for me that this 2008 Winter Classic patch is real. Considering it comes in the packaging with a plastic backing, I'm assuming it is, but the measurements are different for each of the ones I find on ebay. Anyway, I'm looking for one to put on my Edge jersey, so I want to make sure it's legit and the size is appropriate as well. Much thanks to any who can help.

Patch: http://cgi.ebay.com/Official-2008-Winter-Classic-Patch-Pittsburgh-Penguins-/330493912410?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf2f8e55a#ht_881wt_1141

Other patches a search turns up that I'm leery of since they come loose. I bought one before and just recently realized it was a reproduction (thankfully before I ever got around to putting it on a jersey). Of course, if any of the others are in fact legitimate patches, I'd obviously prefer one of those rather than going through the process of removing the plastic backing. (Thanks to JeffB for the tutorial on that btw, it helped on a recent patch). http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=2008+Winter+Classic+Patch&_sacat=See-All-Categories

%1000000 real. Nhl hologram and eveything!

Thats the pack the NHL sells them in! That package means it's the real deal. always keep an eye out for patches inside that very package!

This one! Oh someday I'll have one... I'd give up my Hatcher gamer or both my Ludwig AND Chambers gamers for it.

2960558740102985016SJLmzY_th.jpg

Edited by Bohonos14

• TMLFAN locked this topic