See that small raised edge along the outside of the patch? That is a sure sign of a remake.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JeffB, thanks for the heads up on the edge. I didn't even notice it.

formyhunny, Thanks for the heads up, but I would rather apply the $40. to either another jersey or a customization job on a jersey.

Anyone seen an authentic Canucks 25th Anniversary patch floating around anywhere? I ordered a reproduction off of ebay and it looks like poo so i've been reluctant to have it put on.

Cheers.

Guys, anyone know how much they're charging for the CEC Inaugural Season patches at the Penguins gift shop? I've seen a few on eBay for like $25 but that seems way overpriced.

Guys, anyone know how much they're charging for the CEC Inaugural Season patches at the Penguins gift shop? I've seen a few on eBay for like $25 but that seems way overpriced.

A question I can answer!!!

Just picked up a couple. They are $15 each, black or blue.

A question I can answer!!!

Just picked up a couple. They are $15 each, black or blue.

AWESOME! I'm heading up next weekend...I'll def. pick a couple up. THANKS!

Just had another thought too, when I bought my blue one, it was the last one they had left, and they were all out of blacks. After Christmas, I was able to get a black one, but it looked like they still hadn't gotten any blues in yet. Since the holidays are over, it might not be as hard to come by one, but I think I'd still recommend calling PensGear and seeing if they'll hold the patch(es) for you if you're coming from out of town.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63655

I personally wouldn't go the ebay route either. Do what Dasle said and call the team store. I'm sure they would hold a couple for you when they have them in. Personally, I am holding off on the patch, but I plan on eventually picking it up. I'm gonna try and wait to see if SportsK will get it in. They usually have pretty good deals on patches, around $13 or $14 with free shipping.

I'm just starting the process of seeing if it's going to be possible to assemble a 2002 World All Star Espen Knutsen jersey. I actually have the correct shoulder patch, but have little idea where to find the Norway patch:

Knutsen_E_0216_Ins1.jpg

Any suggestions?

That's tough. I checked out the usual suspects selling the All-Star flag patches and it looks like they have every one BUT Norway. Probably because there haven't been too many Norsemen to play in the league. Maybe contact these two users on eBay:

http://myworld.ebay.com/altanhl/

http://myworld.ebay.com/nerdgirl_bc

They might have what you need.

look at the measurements man, that thing is the size of a postage stamp

Thanks for the replies, I've asked the folks mentioned. Shame that one patch is too small. I do not know the exact measurements, but this one is on display at the arena, so I can judge it from there. Looks like it's probably closer to 2x4 or so. As far as all this goes, I don't even know if EPS or MLL can customize a 2002 blank world jersey. I kind of doubt I'll be able to get this one done, but I can hope!

2 3/4" x 4 3/4" for Canada

2 1/2" x 4 1/2" for Latvia

Some flags are more "squarish", while others are more of a horizontal banner dimension.

Mine all came from altanhl on ebay. The actual ones used on NHL jerseys all had the pronounced white border around them for sewing. If you can't find a real one, I wouldn't be difficult to have a flag patch that was 4" wide sewn onto a 4 1/2" piece of white twill before it was put on the jersey for the proper look.

Thanks, I'm such a n00b when it comes to all this jersey stuff.

Got to start somewhere!

That's right. It's better to ask a million questions and find something legitimate than to go right after it and end up with a piece of crap.

Thats the plan, I don't intend (although this won't be true) to have a massive collection, I'm just after some good, authentic Avs stuff, so I will be checking out those Avs cup patches from nerdgirl to go along with a 95/96 starter mesh jersey I am looking to buy!

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=143519734&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=143866444

I've seen it at the HHOF site but does anyone know where to grab one of these for under $20? Thanks guys

I want one of those too but the HHOF is the only place that has them. I would pay $20 for it but I don't have the time to go there to get one and if I buy it from their online store it would come to $30 + tax after shipping.

Not sure if this really goes in the patch thread or not, but can someone confirm what years Chelios wore the assistant captain patch with Chicago? I know he was captain from 95 until he left in 99, but I thought he was an assistant since he arrived in 91. however, this picture from a game worn with the 100 year stanley cup patch doesn't show an 'A'. http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Chic/92-93ChiCheliosfrt.JPG

• TMLFAN locked this topic