• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think you're right about the patches (definitely true for the "New York" jerseys). If the patches were available in 2001, they were in limited quantities.

There have of course been reproductions, and very good ones. I have a 2001 gamer (pre-season) and I've yet to see a 9-11 ribbon patch for sale that is exactly the same.

Gamer Patch:

mckenna_patch_sm.jpg

Repro Patch:

nyr911.jpg

Balls. I guess I'll have to settle for a reproduction then, because I have a blank Liberty in my closet that I'm not wearing without the ribbon once it's lettered.

Those things are awesome Brilliant.

Here's some of mine...the 2007 and 2008 Frozen Fours, numbers, nameplate, current Sioux crests (used) and UND125 patches are all authentic and straight from the team.

img0418pn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img0420fe.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh snap that's a nice haul! Are you looking to sell any of those?

If you're referring to mine...shoot me a PM. Let me know what you're interested in. :) I'll let you know right now, the 2007 and 2008 Frozen Four patches are going to be a tough sell for me.

Not trying to use this as a for sale thread, but I will sell my 2006 Wisconsin Frozen Four patches for like $10 shipped. PM me.

Wandering around the United Center at games, I've seen jerseys with various types of embroidered shoulder patches, including some like these:

Patch3.gif

Patch2.jpg

Patch1.jpg

Did they change these over the years, so I'm looking at different versions? Or are these bogus copies I see on a lot of jerseys?

I'm thinking the correct patch is mostly like the first picture, with a bit thicker "C" and tomahawk shafts.

Edited by wrangler

those are all tomahawks from replica jerseys. One of the reasons I could never stand hawks replicas! LOL! The two bottom C's were used back in the 90's and early 00's. Reebok jerseys use a vinyl looking C like on top, but the C is thicker. knockoffs use the thin top one.

authentics always look like this:

red and old black alt jerseys

patchhome-vi.jpg

white jerseys

patchroad-vi.jpg

current black alternate

patchalt-vi.jpg

hope that helps!

Wandering around the United Center at games, I've seen jerseys with various types of embroidered shoulder patches, including some like these:

Did they change these over the years, so I'm looking at different versions? Or are these bogus copies I see on a lot of jerseys?

I'm thinking the correct patch is mostly like the first picture, with a bit thicker "C" and tomahawk shafts.

those are all tomahawks from replica jerseys. One of the reasons I could never stand hawks replicas! LOL! The two bottom C's were used back in the 90's and early 00's. Reebok jerseys use a vinyl looking C like on top, but the C is thicker. knockoffs use the thin top one.

authentics always look like this:

hope that helps!

Thanks, it helps a lot. I've seen a lot of jerseys with the skinny C. I gather you're referring to licensed replicas, but I really don't like the look of the patches, or understand why they're so different from the real patches, and why they're different from each other. From what you say, it's different years, or knockoffs. I've also seen the Reebok fan jerseys (Premier?) with the non-embroidered patch, probably the "vinyl-looking C" you mention.

My Pro Player home jersey has the top tomahawk you have pictured, but I didn't doubt its authenticity. I think it's 99-00.

Edited by wrangler

Pro Player only made jerseys from 99-00. If it's an authentic, it will have cross-stitched tomahawks/head, a fight strap, and the NHL logo on the lower rear hem.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I primarily see the skinny C's on Chinese fake knock-off jerseys, not actual Reebok jerseys. As far as the change in shape, I never understood why replica patches were so different from authentics. That being said, the shape of them, just like the Blackhawks head, has went through many subtle changes over the years.

here you can see the old pinhead style, the non-smiling face, and the current smiling face. size of the crest, outline, feathers, and face have all changed over the years.

IMG_1725_1-vi.jpg?1298398959

and here are tomahawks from an early 90's jersey compared to a current jersey

IMG_1726_1-vi.jpg

back to patches, here's the '95 finals patch I got from Murf and Pat. Still can't find a gamer to verify it's authenticity, but at this point I suppose it doesn't matter. Going on my ultrafil Stevens jersey.

IMG_1724_1-vi.jpg

Pro Player only made jerseys from 99-00. If it's an authentic, it will have cross-stitched tomahawks/head, a fight strap, and the NHL logo on the lower rear hem.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I primarily see the skinny C's on Chinese fake knock-off jerseys, not actual Reebok jerseys. As far as the change in shape, I never understood why replica patches were so different from authentics. That being said, the shape of them, just like the Blackhawks head, has went through many subtle changes over the years.

OK, guess I remembered the year right.

IMG_0615.jpg

I got it cheap, had a little fun with it, wear it to games. I don't know what the name of the fabric is, though.

It's got the ProPlayer logo and NHL shield on the bottom right rear hem, and I don't doubt its authenticity.

Edited by wrangler

Looking for maka ultrafil Nordiques authentics. Size 52 54 56. Even a maska replica xxl or xl home or away. I can't believe all the fakes on ebay and the legit ones are 600 plus

back to patches, here's the '95 finals patch I got from Murf and Pat. Still can't find a gamer to verify it's authenticity, but at this point I suppose it doesn't matter. Going on my ultrafil Stevens jersey.

IMG_1724_1-vi.jpg

Here is a game issued one

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/images/M%20T%20New/94-95%20Det%20hm%20Golubovsky%20patch.JPG

Thanks. Kind of pissed M&P sell knock off patches even after I asked about its authenticity, but ah well. It was made 15 years ago.

Thanks. Kind of pissed M&P sell knock off patches even after I asked about its authenticity, but ah well. It was made 15 years ago.

yeah you won't find a game issue one of those, the ones M&P sell are the standard repros and probably the closest you'll get

Anyone know where I can find a Blackhawks logo shoulder patch as was used on the 2011 allstar jerseys?

How thick is the black border? I think this is it.

My link

Doesn't EPS sell the team patches too?

If you can do a Starter sized 46, I have a Sakic home white, only issue is it lacks a name plate.

hmmmm....sounds tempting, although i was hoping for a blanks. how does a size 46 Starter compare to a CCM 48? i'm new to the jersey game and i only have a couple CCMs. and do you have any links to pics?

does anyone know of a site that has AHL patches by team and year, similar to http://www.nhlpatches.info/?

Hello all,

Any help on these two jerseys would be much appreciated.

Authentic LA Kings home (black) 1999-2002 shield on front.

Authentic NY Rangers Liberty dark blue (sentimental value).

52 is my ideal size for the CCM/KOHO authentics, but I will go 54 as well.

52 for the Starter on the Liberty, but I think I will have a better chance at a Koho.

Thanks for reading,

mharolde@gmail.com

Edited by mharolde

I feel very confident in saying that does not exist. Your best option is to locate various online collections of minor league game worn jerseys and try to piece together as much info as you can that way.

http://www.hockeyjimm.com/ is the type of site I'm talking about, but his collection is more focused on the IHL.

• TMLFAN locked this topic