• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got lucky and found someone online selling it. Someone had authentic home and road jerseys on ebay. They are supposedly autographed by Mario and they want $1100 for each.

did you get it from the user "mtrklosets"

No. I got it from a woman in west virginia. nattysmom.

did you get it from the user "mtrklosets"

Does anyone know what was the first team to wear a special patch on their game jerseys when retiring a players number?

Off the top of my head, Montreal, Detroit, Rangers and Blues have all done so in the last few years, but I can't recall who started it.

Wow, what a GREAT question. Off the top of my head, I really didn't know. After a little investigating, it looks like it was the Coyotes and Kings who wore Gretzky's #99 back in 2002 on their jerseys before the Kings retired the number. That was the game the Kings wore the silver and black throwbacks. Since I didn't see any patches before that one, I would assume it was the first time. It looks like 2005-06 was the official 'kick-off' as it were though because there were eight numbers retired and eight patches worn for the occasions.

Wow, what a GREAT question. Off the top of my head, I really didn't know. After a little investigating, it looks like it was the Coyotes and Kings who wore Gretzky's #99 back in 2002 on their jerseys before the Kings retired the number. That was the game the Kings wore the silver and black throwbacks. Since I didn't see any patches before that one, I would assume it was the first time. It looks like 2005-06 was the official 'kick-off' as it were though because there were eight numbers retired and eight patches worn for the occasions.

I also forgot the Devils added numbers 3 & 4 to their jerseys for Daneyko and Stevens. That was 2006. The Sabres also did one for Lafontaine the same season, as did the Hurricanes with Francis and the Rangers for Messier.

The Canadiens did not wear one on Nov. 12, 2005 when they retired #12 for Cournoyer and Moore, but perhaps because the trend hadn't kicked into full gear, or because it was two players being honored. They later did for Savard, Dryden, Robinson, Gainey and Roy, but apparently not Geoffrion.

The Oilers wore #7's for Paul Coffey early in the 2005-06 season.

http://www.nhlpatches.info shows nothing for Richter, Neely, Roy or Fuhr from the 03-04 season, so aside from Gretzky in 2002, the trend seems to have gone (nearly) full time with Paul Coffey in early 05-06, so it looks like you were correct.

There are exceptions, but I need more time to see what I can confirm first.

I think this is going to work it's way into my blog sooner or later.

Heh...yeah, that's where I checked too. I knew the Rangers didn't use one for Richter though. Did the Habs wear #33 on just their warm-up jerseys or did they put it on the game jerseys MINUS the other two patches? I know it was one of the two but can't remember now. Stuff like that makes me think the league instituted a two-patch-max policy last year because the Habs also didn't wear the HOF game patch when they played the Leafs last year. Strange.

You can also add Glen Wesley's number 2 to the list for the Canes. I have yet to see it as q patch set but would snatch it up in a heartbeat. If anyone could point me to one, I would appreciate it. I have seen the Francis set but I would like the Wesley set as well.

You can also add Glen Wesley's number 2 to the list for the Canes. I have yet to see it as q patch set but would snatch it up in a heartbeat. If anyone could point me to one, I would appreciate it. I have seen the Francis set but I would like the Wesley set as well.

I have an Eric Staal Red Edge coming and i got to decide if i want to wait and find the Glen Wesley patches or just go ahead and throw an Anniversary patch on. Has anyone seen the Wesley Patches for sale? I would hate to put on the Anniversary patch then find the wesley patches somewhere.

Oof, tough. I have yet to see those pop up anywhere. Not even the older Ron Francis ones. I might go with the anniversary one to be honest. That was a pretty sweet looking patch.

Oof, tough. I have yet to see those pop up anywhere. Not even the older Ron Francis ones. I might go with the anniversary one to be honest. That was a pretty sweet looking patch.

I found a guy on Ebay that sells the Francis pair. I dont know how accurate they are and at the moment i need a 6100 Canes jersey. I posted them a few pages back, but things get shuffled back easily. Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...RI#ht_885wt_944

I am looking for the 99-00 Chiasson patch for a Hurricanes jersey I found on eBay.

One guy is selling them there, but says they are 4" in diameter.

Here's the patch:

xcar_3.jpg

No way that is 4" across. Anyone know where I can find one? Otherwise, I'll have to cut one out of twill, lol

I am looking for the 99-00 Chiasson patch for a Hurricanes jersey I found on eBay.

One guy is selling them there, but says they are 4" in diameter.

Here's the patch:

No way that is 4" across. Anyone know where I can find one? Otherwise, I'll have to cut one out of twill, lol

JeffB has a jersey with the patch in his collection. (Jeff if you want the photos removed, feel free to edit them out)

2603729530100337552qwZhfr_th.jpg2200617030100337552QBJZxW_th.jpg

You could shoot him a PM to see if his was purchased or if it was self-made. Of course to make it 100% patch accurate, you would have to get a NHL2000 patch and the Raleigh Arena Inaugural Season patch too.

That patch was given to me by the Hurricanes. It's screen printed onto a piece of twill. I've seen it remade in twill, so it's actually made nicer than the real one. It's pretty small though. Roughly the size of a 50¢ piece off the top of my head.

sorry if this has been covered, this thread is long. does sportsk sell legit, or at least accurate, cup patches?

http://www.sportsk.com/stcupcopa.html

sorry if this has been covered, this thread is long. does sportsk sell legit, or at least accurate, cup patches?

http://www.sportsk.com/stcupcopa.html

Everything about sportsk is about as legit as it can get.

I would love to find a dark Avs Koho 6100 in a size 56 or 58. Been waiting for one to pop up on eBay for a few years now. I'd want to make it into a 2001 Stanley Cup Bourque. Everyone here in Denver has the white ones, I just want to be a little different. There's a seller on eBay right now that has a blank one listed for $119 and he won't budge on the price. That's way too much for a blank IMO.

I'm waiting patiently. You know where to find me if anyone has one they're willing to move!

I'm in the same boat, but want a sz 60. Although i want to put Roy and a 2001 patch on it.

Only ones I can find are autographed or wrong size.. I'm a big guy, and need a big jersey. :stickhndl:

I looked at these: http://www.sportsk.com/avcusjer.html

But those are newer than what Patrick would have worn, right?

Edited by Codey H.

I'm in the same boat, but want a sz 60. Although i want to put Roy and a 2001 patch on it.

Only ones I can find are autographed or wrong size.. I'm a big guy, and need a big jersey. :stickhndl:

I looked at these: http://www.sportsk.com/avcusjer.html

But those are newer than what Patrick would have worn, right?

Uh-oh, someone to challenge Jay on big-sized Avs jerseys :)

(not like I can talk as I am a big guy myself)

Anyway, those jerseys from SportsK are replicas, but actually would be fine to put Roy on and a 2001 Cup Patch. The fact that they have 06/07 in the description is that's because in 07/08 was when the Avs (and the whole NHL) switched to the new RBK Edge crud. The ones they show there are CCM 550 replicas which were worn from 2000-01 through 2006-07. Since the Avs style didn't change, you should be good. Though if you're used to wearing a size 60 authentic (in a CCM/RBK 6100 style), a 2XL may be too snug.

They did make some larger replicas - the CCM 550s also came in a size literally marked "Jumbo" that's effectively a 3XL. Some of the earlier replica manufacturers also had bigger sizes, I've got a Starter 3XL replica and ProPlayer replicas in 3XL and 4XL.

Glad I was directed to this thread. Patchcollectibles had every patch I needed to do a 97 Cup Konstantinov and 98 Cup Fedorov and I had my patches in hand the day after I ordered them (luck would have it, they are near me in New Jersey). I definitely recommend them.

Uh-oh, someone to challenge Jay on big-sized Avs jerseys :)

(not like I can talk as I am a big guy myself)

Anyway, those jerseys from SportsK are replicas, but actually would be fine to put Roy on and a 2001 Cup Patch. The fact that they have 06/07 in the description is that's because in 07/08 was when the Avs (and the whole NHL) switched to the new RBK Edge crud. The ones they show there are CCM 550 replicas which were worn from 2000-01 through 2006-07. Since the Avs style didn't change, you should be good. Though if you're used to wearing a size 60 authentic (in a CCM/RBK 6100 style), a 2XL may be too snug.

They did make some larger replicas - the CCM 550s also came in a size literally marked "Jumbo" that's effectively a 3XL. Some of the earlier replica manufacturers also had bigger sizes, I've got a Starter 3XL replica and ProPlayer replicas in 3XL and 4XL.

I'm always up for a challenge! :D Thanks for thinking of me Matt!

Since I posted the original post above I have found three dark Koho 56s. One I had made into this:

Sakic2000-2001Kohodark.jpg

Sakic2000-2001Kohodarkback.jpg

Of the other two, one is blank, and had an all-star patch added to it in the wrong place and needs to be moved, and the other is ready to be customized right now. I actually have one other that needs to be stripped and will be redone too. Now I'm swimming in dark Koho Avs authentics! A few more white CCMs would actually be kind of nice too. I'm getting ready to add some Roys to the collection. That 2001 season gave us Avs fans plenty of options with players and patches, that's for sure!

For anyone looking for a IIHF patch where money is no object ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300385442100

My favorite part of the auction is:

WATCH OUT FOR EBAYERS THAT CHARGE YOU 3 DOLLARS TO SHIP A SINGLE PATCH. WE ARE NOT HERE TO MAKE MONEY ON SHIPPING CHARGES, WE WILL CHARGE YOU THE STAMPS THAT ARE USED AND VERY LITTLE TO COVER OUR HANDLING EXPENSES.....COMPARE US TO ANY OTHER EBAYERS AND DON'T GET FOOLED BY THE THEIR SUPER LOW PRICE AND HIGH SHIPPING COSTS....

The sad part is that some folks may buy one thing they are authentic for that price, whereas that seller sells good patches but they are reproductions.

Oof. I'd sure hope so. Like Matt said, they do sell good stuff. I've bought from them before. It's all repro stuff but it's great quality.

I'm actually looking for that particular patch to put on my USA jersey. They're not exact in that the logo is a little off and there's no finished edge but I can actually put my own edge on it then sew it on. I'm not paying 80 bucks for it though! :D

• TMLFAN locked this topic