Already have that jersey minus the 75 patch that I'm looking to add on in the near future. Wandering what that other patch is called from the other Yzerman. The patch with the guy holding the cup?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The patch with the guy holding the cup?

It's the Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary patch (info).

Should be quite an easy patch to find on eBay (probably in varying degrees of quality/accuracy, as always with eBay).

The signed one you posted looks OK to me. Wings 1992/93:

RedWings27.png

It's the Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary patch (info).

Should be quite an easy patch to find on eBay (probably in varying degrees of quality/accuracy, as always with eBay).

The signed one you posted looks OK to me. Wings 1992/93:

RedWings27.png

Nice, thank you.

I know it is legitimate to sew Stanley Cup patches onto jerseys, but what about the Stanley Cup Champions patches?

I have the Penguins 1992 and 2009 Stanley Cup Champions patches and I was thinking about sewing them onto jerseys. does this lower the value of the jersey or make it "unique" in a way? Thanks.

I know it is legitimate to sew Stanley Cup patches onto jerseys, but what about the Stanley Cup Champions patches?

I have the Penguins 1992 and 2009 Stanley Cup Champions patches and I was thinking about sewing them onto jerseys. does this lower the value of the jersey or make it "unique" in a way? Thanks.

Most collectors, heck ALL collectors, would only want a patch on a jersey that the team actually wore. I'd say you'd decrease the value of a jersey by putting a souvenir patch on a jersey. Those are better left for caps and jackets.

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2000 All Star jersey, North American Goalie style.

EBAY

I'm in the process of getting it customized with Joseph (31), and I am need of some patches.

I know that it'll need 3 in total to make the jersey complete.

1. NHL2000 patch. From the pictures I've looked at I'm assuming its the navy blue or black version, I can't quite tell. b0_1.JPG

2. Canada Flag patch.

3. A Toronto Maple Leafs team patch.

My question lies in the team patch. I can't find any pictures to see whether or not they use the blue leafs logo, or the white one.

12655.jpg

e6b0_12.JPG

Thanks guys!

Man, nothing on Getty images or youtube. It shouldn't be that difficult. For what it's worth, the white one with the wide border for sewing, like the Canadian flag is at least the right "format" without knowing it's the right color. Since the goaltenders wore the jerseys with the dark blue shoulders, it will certainly stand out better and seems to be an educated guess on my part that it's correct.

1. NHL2000 patch. From the pictures I've looked at I'm assuming its the navy blue or black version, I can't quite tell. b0_1.JPG

I'm 99% certain it was the navy blue version. I have a North American All-Star goalie jersey from that year and I can double check when I get home.

The navy blue was the style worn by the Oilers, Predators, Canucks, and on the Rangers and Panthers third jerseys.

I'm 99% certain it was the navy blue version. I have a North American All-Star goalie jersey from that year and I can double check when I get home.

The navy blue was the style worn by the Oilers, Predators, Canucks, and on the Rangers and Panthers third jerseys.

Does anyone have a list of which teams wore which color NHL 2000 patches. I figured i would check with you guys before i start hunting them all down. It seem that Akteon already has a few.

Does anyone have a list of which teams wore which color NHL 2000 patches. I figured i would check with you guys before i start hunting them all down. It seem that Akteon already has a few.

http://nhlpatches.info/patches/X_nhl/nhl_nhl2000.htm

When I complied a list 'back in the day' from the information I found online, I actually have that the Maple Leafs wore a "medium blue" patch separate from the Blues and Rangers "Royal Blue". Not that I can tell the difference between them, but that's what I copied down FWIW.

Speaking of patches, these IIHF patches are few and far between on ebay. They were first worn in the 2000 World Juniors and used through the 2004 World Cup of Hockey before being replaced by the new version. The only place you have been able to get them for several years now is RiverCitySports, but they're certainly not going to ship you one for a buck seventy-five.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280415522955

Before you buy though, be aware that these are remakes. Fully embroidered relatively accurate remakes. The originals had a finished edge but have not been available for years, so the remakes are essentially your only option.

FYI I just doubled checked on my authentic 2000 All-Star North American goalie/white jersey and it did have the navy NHL 2000 patch.

Like Jeff, I checked Getty and a couple other places and couldn't find a pic of the Leafs patch worn for that game.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe these are legit 75th anny patches - please let me know if I am wrong:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-75th-ANNIVERSARY-9...p4999.m20.l1116

Looks like the seller screwed me on this (sent me a Pens 25th Anny patch, which as a Wings fan is just adding insult to injury). Please let me know if you have a legit one for sale, or if you find a legit seller on ebay.

Looks like the seller screwed me on this (sent me a Pens 25th Anny patch, which as a Wings fan is just adding insult to injury). Please let me know if you have a legit one for sale, or if you find a legit seller on ebay.

Did they offer to exchange it with the correct patch?

I've always been curious about Laval, Canada as it seems there are 2 or 3 sellers on eBay from there that seem to sell tons of reproduction patches.

I got my 75th anniversary patch from them and didn't have any problems. Did you try contacting them about the mistake?

1994 Stanley Cup Patch Conundrum

I've been researching this for a while, ever since I first heard there was potentially 2 sizes to the 1994 Stanley Cup Patch, a "regular" one for the Canucks and possibly the Rangers blue jerseys, and possibly a smaller one for the Rangers white jerseys made to fit between the shoulder bars. Being a Rangers fan I wanted to get accurate patches for my '94 cup jerseys.

The problem is, I've found 3 different "legitimate" styles of the 1994 Stanley Cup patch - and none of them exactly matches pictures obtained from gamers.

The Gamers

Here's pictures of the patch from two gamers - one from a Karptosev gamer sold via a Lelands auction, and the second from a Corey Hirsch game issue jersey (he was the 3rd string goalie).

94_patch_gamer.jpg94_patch_gamer2.jpg

Murf & Pat Patch

This is the patch that I was convinced for a long time was the real deal. It's what most of the definite fake patches on eBay seem to copy. Most of the fakes have the E and W on top of the cup, not behind it.

94_patch_murf_pat.jpg

National Emblem Patch

This is a patch made by National Emblem and comes in a hologramed official NHL package like all of their patches. Obviously a modern reproduction, it does seem to come close to the gamers in some areas.

94_patch_national_emblem.jpg

The "Small" Patch

I haven't seen these around lately, mine is from a Healy '94 era Rangers CCM jersey (pardon the ugly blue stitching - it was that way when I got it). I know Jeff has this style on his Leetch that he featured on his blog. It does seem smaller than the others, but it's not the same size as the gamers.

94_patch_healy.jpg

Is there a "Correct" Patch?

So will the real 1994 Stanley Cup patch please stand up? Right now I am more confused than when I started. I don't think any of the 3 types I have are "fakes" or "knockoffs" but obviously they all seem to be different reproductions. So which would be considered more "correct" if any?

The 1992 Stanley Cup Finals patch also is VERY rarely seen in a version that is exactly like the game-issued patches worn in the 1992 Finals. Here is the real patch:

91-92_Pitt_finals_hm_Stevens_patch.jpg

This is the closest replica I've ever seen:

050b_3.JPG

I have never seen an exact replica loose 1992 Stanley Cup Finals patch.

Does anyone have one?

Happy collecting!

Casey Samuelson

Owner / Webmaster

PenguinsChronicles.com - The History of the Pittsburgh Penguins

Edited by PenguinsChronicles.com

Can someone post a complete, updated list of reliable patch sellers and of Fake Sellers. Patch Collectables no longer has hockey patches.

I just checked and they have the same selection of hockey patches as always.

I just checked and they have the same selection of hockey patches as always.
He's probably talking about ebay, Patch Collectibles are still selling hockey patches on their website but not on ebay right now.

unitedpatch sells reproductions that are reasonably close to the real thing, my guess is they have the same source as RCS.

The one to stay away from is ice_hockey_patches. I have seen a lot of inaccuracies from their reproductions.

EDIT: Murf and Pat is legit. Patch Collection does sell reproductions.

He's probably talking about ebay, Patch Collectibles are still selling hockey patches on their website but not on ebay right now.

unitedpatch sells reproductions that are reasonably close to the real thing, my guess is they have the same source as RCS.

The one to stay away from is ice_hockey_patches. I have seen a lot of inaccuracies from their reproductions.

Yeah i was looking on the ebay site and didnt see any. Ill have to check out their website.

Are all of Patch Collection patches reproductions? I just bought a couple of "Roger" patches from there.

Are all of Patch Collection patches reproductions? I just bought a couple of "Roger" patches from there.

They almost certainly are. If it makes you feel any better I am going to get one as soon as the ebay market for them calms down.

If anyone finds any Katrina patches, can you let me know?

I bought a few that I'm having applied to jerseys right now.

There was one guy at the Toronto Expo over this past weekend with a few of them. I could have bought some for you :(

• TMLFAN locked this topic