Anyone know where I can pick up an NHL Cares Katrina patch? Thanks!

Those seem to have dried up on eBay last fall. I know atleast one other person has been looking since then with no luck.

I may have one that I don't need. Email me and I can send a pic. I was going to post it on Ebay tomorrow. I actually got it off Ebay about a year ago, but plans have changed for it. I have had a few PM's about this patch. I have listed it on Ebay as of this morning.

Cheers.

Edited by CanucksJerseyGuy

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

I'm kinda new to collecting jerseys and am happy to find people that are as anal as me to have everything "perfect". I want every patch to be just right, the players name and number, etc.

Like I said, I'm kinda new to this and have some questions. I won't over do it in my first post, so can you guys tell me if these are fake or real patches AND how can you tell?

1. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370334194414&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

2. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360236616043&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

3. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170296838617&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

4. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190375595551

5. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Lot-of-2-NHL-Winnipeg-Jets-Goals-For-Kids-Patch_W0QQitemZ390112648760QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item5ad4869e38

6. http://cgi.ebay.ca/NHL1893-1993-100th-ANNIVERSARY-STANLEY-CUP-PATCH-EN-VER_W0QQitemZ390130766758QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item5ad59b13a6

thanks for your help

Adrian

Okay, here we go:

1. A very good reproduction. Any Jets 10th anny patch you see that isn't attached to a gamer is gonna be a repro. Those patches just aren't found anywhere else but on the 81-82 jerseys.

2. As close as you're gonna find for that particular patch. I have several of those and while they're reproductions, they're a very good quality.

3. Good to go.

4. Not bad but not a 100% accurate patch. The IIHF text is too thick compared to the real version. Also, there's no finished edge.

5a. Good but not 100% repro. The corners are too rounded.

5b. See #1. You won't find a real version of those outside of a gamer.

6. A good repro but not 100%. The finished edge is too narrow and the font itself is too thick. A decent repro patch though.

Here's some shots of some of the real patches on your list:

1991CanadaCupCanada-vi.jpg

iihf-vi.jpg

WinnipegJetsGoalsforKids-vi.jpg

anleyCup100thanniversarySabres-vi.jpg

I posted it on another thread but the California Golden Seals one that CCM put out as I learned, their expansion series. Also really want 1980s nicely cut Gordie Howe Red Wings jersey that was in Ferris Buellers Day Off

Thanks Brilliant!

I guess if there's no way to get some of those patches besides on game worns, then I'll have to go with the repro.

My current path has me searching for

-1997 authentic East All-Star Teal Size 52 to get made into LeClair...have the patches ready and everything

-An authentic late 90's Mighty Ducks Size 52 (teal torso purple shoulders)

-An authentic 90's Flyers jersey...size 52, nothing fancy I'll take orange/white/black

-An authentic 2008 Eastern all-star 52 to get Richards on...every time I look for one on eBay I find a fake 2009 one. He wasn't even on the team!!! Ugh.

Anyone have pics of the 1996 and 1998 Stanley Cup Finals patches? I have a 1996 Patch but it seems smaller than it should be. I'm wondering what the actual dimension of the authentic 1996 patch. Anyone have pics from a game worn jersey of any of those teams in the final? Thanks!

Anyone have pics of the 1996 and 1998 Stanley Cup Finals patches? I have a 1996 Patch but it seems smaller than it should be. I'm wondering what the actual dimension of the authentic 1996 patch. Anyone have pics from a game worn jersey of any of those teams in the final? Thanks!

Here is one from a gamer:

http://capsjerseys.com/pics/patches_98cup.jpg

Here is a loose one that I had that has since been put on a jersey:

2510527870105040840S425x425Q85.jpg

Is there anywhere that I can get a ccm patch or do I have to find a jersey with one and take it off that? I specifically need a "red, red, black" one.

Red C, Red C, Black M

PLEEEASE someone help!!!

Thx Adrian

You won't find that anywhere because the old colored CCM logos were embroidered into the jersey. The patch logos only came around in 2000 when it moved to the back of the neck.

So, I'm pretty much screwed? Hmmmmm...there's gotta be a way to get one on my Canada jersey. Even if it is a patch from post 2000, it will look better than the Nike swoosh thats on it now.....any ideas?

So, I'm pretty much screwed? Hmmmmm...there's gotta be a way to get one on my Canada jersey. Even if it is a patch from post 2000, it will look better than the Nike swoosh thats on it now.....any ideas?

I am a bit confused here. So you want to put a CCM logo on a Canada jersey, which was made by NIKE, where CCM hasn't manufactured International jerseys for probably 15 years...

I am a bit confused here. So you want to put a CCM logo on a Canada jersey, which was made by NIKE, where CCM hasn't manufactured International jerseys for probably 15 years...

I guess he's trying to emulate the Canada Cup jerseys of the 80's. I've seen a couple of those sold on eBay, they seemed to be CCM remakes however as they had a large necktag with a large CCM logo and underneath it read "The Hockey Company"

Specifically, the eBay seller dent_the_twine had a Messier Canada Cup jersey, and it had a red-red-blue CCM logo that was a patch sewn to the back hem. I had asked him to send me pics of the back hem to make sure the CCM was embroidered through, but it was just a patch.

I guess he's trying to emulate the Canada Cup jerseys of the 80's.

Exactly this. I want it to be as close to the 87 Canada Cup jersey as possible. The jerseys then were made by CCM and it would bother me EVERY time I looked at it, if had the swoosh on the upper back. I eventually want to get it auto'd by Dale Hawerchuk and framed. Seeing the bit of difference in the jerseys would make me crazy, so one way or another that swoosh is coming off and CCM is going on the bottom! I just don't know how to go about getting a ccm patch

Exactly this. I want it to be as close to the 87 Canada Cup jersey as possible. The jerseys then were made by CCM and it would bother me EVERY time I looked at it, if had the swoosh on the upper back. I eventually want to get it auto'd by Dale Hawerchuk and framed. Seeing the bit of difference in the jerseys would make me crazy, so one way or another that swoosh is coming off and CCM is going on the bottom! I just don't know how to go about getting a ccm patch

Well it is a good idea in concept, however suppose in the future you need to sell something like that. It is not an authentic from the era and it is no better than some reproductions out there (like the Whalers Sandow I bought recently and returned to the seller). So the ethics come into play if this should ever hit the marketplace.

Well it is a good idea in concept, however suppose in the future you need to sell something like that. It is not an authentic from the era and it is no better than some reproductions out there (like the Whalers Sandow I bought recently and returned to the seller). So the ethics come into play if this should ever hit the marketplace.

Yes, I agree. I can't tell the future, but hopefully I won't run into any hard enough times that I'll ever need to sell it. I'm not into collecting a whole bunch of jerseys and trading/selling them. I just want a few jerseys of my favorite players to frame and display on my wall and want them to look as close to how they wore it then.

I have two limited edition Capitals 35th Anniversary patches that I am willing to trade or sell. Some patches that I am looking for are a 1991 Labatt Canada Cup patch, a white "2pts for FG" for a 90's Canucks jersey, and a Katrina Cares patch.

I just picked them up at the game last night

4461708176_971997fdf3_b_d.jpg

I have two limited edition Capitals 35th Anniversary patches that I am willing to trade or sell. Some patches that I am looking for are a 1991 Labatt Canada Cup patch, a white "2pts for FG" for a 90's Canucks jersey, and a Katrina Cares patch.

I just picked them up at the game last night

4461708176_971997fdf3_b_d.jpg

How much do you want for one?

• 3 weeks later...

I would love if they made a mini-sized replica of the real patches. I'd buy them up and customize my son's toddler jerseys.

They're probably as good as you're gonna get nowadays. It's just about impossible to find the real versions of patches that are that old; outside of on a gamer.

• TMLFAN locked this topic