Anyone know where to get the new IIHF hemline patches? I have a bunch of the old ones that I got from River City but I'm going to customize a USA jersey and model it after the WJC gold medal winning game jersey. The Nike Swift Replica I bought doesn't have the IIHF patch on the back like the new Nike Swift Replicas.

I've never seen any available and the IIHF didn't respond the couple of times I asked. None of my usual sources for patches has them. Strangely and unfortunately tough to get.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen any available and the IIHF didn't respond the couple of times I asked. None of my usual sources for patches has them. Strangely and unfortunately tough to get.

Yeah, I've only seen them available on the Replica jerseys and they are attached to the jersey with and embroiderd border that goes around the patch. I really hope these become available some time soon.

Anyone know where to get the new IIHF hemline patches? I have a bunch of the old ones that I got from River City but I'm going to customize a USA jersey and model it after the WJC gold medal winning game jersey. The Nike Swift Replica I bought doesn't have the IIHF patch on the back like the new Nike Swift Replicas.

I have a few available. Originally was on my Authentic Team Canada jersey. The jerseys were 2002 model, and I have no clue why they slap a post 2005 version patch on, so I took them off.

So I purchased two Rangers NHL 2000 jersey patches on eBay from AltaNHL, whom I've bought from a couple of times before. I know a number of other members have had great experiences buying from him.

A week or so later, I get the envelope and open it to find 2 NHL 2000 patches, in the wrong color blue. They are the blue only worn by the Capitals (a label taped on the back of each says "BLUE 263 WASHINGTON CAPITALS - HOME/AWAY"). So I immediately send AltaNHL a message saying I got the wrong patches and asking how he'd like to proceed with exchanging them for the correct color if he has them or giving me a refund. I wait 3 days with no response and send him a second message.

That's when I noticed his few rare negative feedbacks. It appears that when things go well, all is well. But if there's any issues, it would seem AltaNHL refuses to respond to any messages. I have nothing against AltaNHL nor do I wish to leave negative feedback or anything like that. In fact there's already a couple of other patches I need to get from him. So do I suck it up and eat the money I spent or go the route of filing a dispute and probably lose out on the possibly of buying patches from him in the future?

Not to get off topic but does he sell legit 2000 patches?

So I purchased two Rangers NHL 2000 jersey patches on eBay from AltaNHL, whom I've bought from a couple of times before. I know a number of other members have had great experiences buying from him.

A week or so later, I get the envelope and open it to find 2 NHL 2000 patches, in the wrong color blue. They are the blue only worn by the Capitals (a label taped on the back of each says "BLUE 263 WASHINGTON CAPITALS - HOME/AWAY"). So I immediately send AltaNHL a message saying I got the wrong patches and asking how he'd like to proceed with exchanging them for the correct color if he has them or giving me a refund. I wait 3 days with no response and send him a second message.

That's when I noticed his few rare negative feedbacks. It appears that when things go well, all is well. But if there's any issues, it would seem AltaNHL refuses to respond to any messages. I have nothing against AltaNHL nor do I wish to leave negative feedback or anything like that. In fact there's already a couple of other patches I need to get from him. So do I suck it up and eat the money I spent or go the route of filing a dispute and probably lose out on the possibly of buying patches from him in the future?

I'd keep persuing until a resolution is made. Why should you have to keep something you didn't order? Try another email and if they don't respond then escalate it to a claim through ebay. I'm sure you'll be able to find the other patch's you need through other sources anyway.

This one can probably be classified as quite unlikely, but it's always fun trying. I'm looking for a 1986-1987 Vancouver Canucks Rick Hansen Man-In-Motion Patch which was attached to the bottom left hem on the back of both home and away jerseys that year. I've attached a picture in this post, and would appreciate any possible leads on one. I know it's a tall order but i've managed to track down much more scarce patches before. Thanks Everyone !

Oofah, good luck with that one. I searched high and low for not only that one but also the Expo '86 AND the Vancouver 100th anniversary ones. I wouldn't even know where to start to be honest. Maybe you could have your own printed up like Jeff has done in the past. It wouldn't be 100% accurate but it would get you somewhere.

The 2002, 2003 and 2004 Stanley Cup patches should have the points rounded off at the bottom; not spiked like that one. Like this:

tanleyCupFinals2003MightyDucks-vi.jpg

I cant seem to find one like that..Does anyone know where i can find the 2003 and 2004 real legit ones on Ebay?thanks

Looking for some advice I recently picked up a blank 1999 allstar jersey looking to add gretzky to it in the future. I need a canadian flag and rangers logo to complete the jersey and I found these on ebay after looking at photos of the real thing these are closest I could find are any of these the correct patches?

rangers logo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-YORK-RANGERS-Logo-...=item1e58ffd4e8

canadian flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I also have a 2004 western allstar jersey Id like to put Sakic on so Im looking for a Avs patch found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Colorado-Avalanche-NHL...=item27a90f0329

Thanks for any advice or input.

Those all look pretty good to me but if I were you, I'd go after that National Emblem Rangers one rather than the one that altanhl has. The NA ones will be 100% accurate for sure since they're a licensed retailer.

Well I finally got a response from ALTANHL regarding the NHL 2000 Patches he sent me that are the wrong color. He's sending me the correct ones with a hearty apology.

I know his (ALTANHL) flags are the correct size - I bought a US flag patch from Rivercity Sports and it was too big.

As for the team patch, just make sure it's approx. 4 inches in size. There are some out there that are smaller (closer to 2.5 inches). Both of those Rangers patches you listed look good.

So I have an authentic Canucks jersey from the early 90's that I want to turn into a 94 Stanley Cup finals jerseys. The only problem is that there are so many fake 1994 Stanley Cup Finals patches. I know it might be next to impossible to find an authentic 1994 Stanley Cup Finals patch so any advice for finding a quality reproduction patch? I've looked at nHLpatches.info and I can't be confident that the one they have shown is an actual patch.

So I have an authentic Canucks jersey from the early 90's that I want to turn into a 94 Stanley Cup finals jerseys. The only problem is that there are so many fake 1994 Stanley Cup Finals patches. I know it might be next to impossible to find an authentic 1994 Stanley Cup Finals patch so any advice for finding a quality reproduction patch? I've looked at nHLpatches.info and I can't be confident that the one they have shown is an actual patch.

I'm currently doing up a Canucks into a 94 finals as well and used this patch for it;

94 finals patch

Yeah I know it's not 100% accurate but like you said good luck finding a real one. I don't know how particular you are when it comes to this kind of thing but for me and patches if I can't get an original then I just pick up whatever I can find that looks as close to the original as possible and be done with it.

I'm currently doing up a Canucks into a 94 finals as well and used this patch for it;

94 finals patch

Yeah I know it's not 100% accurate but like you said good luck finding a real one. I don't know how particular you are when it comes to this kind of thing but for me and patches if I can't get an original then I just pick up whatever I can find that looks as close to the original as possible and be done with it.

Interesting enough the seller has another set of 1994 patches that are slighty different

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-YORK-RANGERS-1994-...=item2c52f0107d

Anyone have a picture of what the authentic patch looks like?

Interesting enough the seller has another set of 1994 patches that are slighty different

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-YORK-RANGERS-1994-...=item2c52f0107d

Yeah that one is smaller and goes on the white Rangers jersey only. They made the patch smaller to fit between the stripes on the shoulder area.

This post details the research I did on the '94 Cup patch and has pictures from 2 gamers: 1994 Stanley Cup Patch Conundrum. If you look at the gamers you'll see none of the patches available really matches the real one all that well.

I too had heard the story about the Rangers having a smaller patch, but I never actually found any evidence of it. Unfortunately I could never find a picture of a Canucks gamer with the patch or even a Rangers blue gamer with the patch.

Here's a gamer 1994 Cup patch(I LOVE being able to say that now! :D )

StanleyCupFinals1994Rangers3-vi.jpg

These were very different from the ones you usually see on eBay, like the one you posted. But the ones that I used on my other Rangers jerseys was this one:

StanleyCupFinals1994Rangers-vi.jpg

You can definitely see the differences between the two but as long as you have the SMALL patch, it's at least somewhat accurate.

Oh and just for the record, the Rangers used the same patch on their road blue jerseys and I'm 99% positive that the Canucks used the same one just to keep consistency.

Here's a gamer 1994 Cup patch(I LOVE being able to say that now! :D )

StanleyCupFinals1994Rangers3-vi.jpg

These were very different from the ones you usually see on eBay, like the one you posted. But the ones that I used on my other Rangers jerseys was this one:

StanleyCupFinals1994Rangers-vi.jpg

You can definitely see the differences between the two but as long as you have the SMALL patch, it's at least somewhat accurate.

Thanks akteon and Brilliant for your research. It seems like none of the reproduction patches are going to be exactly like the original patch. None of them can seem to capture the top of the Stanley Cup like the authentic patch does. Also, I notice that the "TM" is missing from many of the reproduction patches.

Thanks akteon and Brilliant for your research. It seems like none of the reproduction patches are going to be exactly like the original patch. None of them can seem to capture the top of the Stanley Cup like the authentic patch does. Also, I notice that the "TM" is missing from many of the reproduction patches.

I need to edit my research post to include Brilliant's amazing recent pickup.

The detail on the cup is the one thing none of the reproductions gets right. Most of them also add too much detail to the word "Stanley Cup" instead of leaving it white. Also the blue wording for the conferences should be a Serif font, but most reproductions are San-Serif. It's like someone early on made a reproduction and all the rest are reproductions of that copy.

I've got a buddy who owns an embroidery shop that I haven't talked to in years - since before I really got into collecting jerseys. Someday I need to call and ask him about how hard it'd be to do some small runs of some of this impossible to find patches because I *know* I could do better than some of these reproductions.

• TMLFAN locked this topic