• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever seen an SHK III patch? Buffalo wore them in 1996-97 after the death of Seymour Knox, and I've yet to see one even in the secondary market.

I think I need to give seminars on how to use ebay some days. It's sitting right there waiting for you right now.

Yes, I can assure you it's a reproduction, but it's your only option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320521548049

I think I need to give seminars on how to use ebay some days. It's sitting right there waiting for you right now.

Yes, I can assure you it's a reproduction, but it's your only option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320521548049

Thanks Jeff. Turns out the culprits were my two saved searches:

"SHK patch"

"KN0X patch"

Somehow I had a zero instead of an O, so I wasn't getting any hits, and the similar shape meant I never caught on.

Why they put the 0 and the O next to each other on the keyboard remains a mystery for the ages.

Would anyone happen to know when the "Stanley Cup Champions" patches were first created? I've seen a few from over 20 years ago, but I'm not sure if they are legit, or just made up. Thanks.

Would anyone happen to know when the "Stanley Cup Champions" patches were first created? I've seen a few from over 20 years ago, but I'm not sure if they are legit, or just made up. Thanks.

The first ones on the jersey were for the 1988-89 Final (Montreal and Calgary); the patch went on the shoulder.

The next year saw them on the front of the jersey for the first time.

Or, if you really want to go back in history, teams back in the early days used to wear a patch that would commemorate the previous year's title. Ottawa had one in 1927-28, 1923-24, and 1921-22, Montreal had the globe jerseys in 1924-25, and Toronto had one in 1922-23. The old Ottawa Silver Seven also had one in the first decade of the 1900s for their three-year Stanley Cup streak. What's interesting is that no team that wore such a patch ever successfully defended their title.

The first ones on the jersey were for the 1988-89 Final (Montreal and Calgary); the patch went on the shoulder.

The next year saw them on the front of the jersey for the first time.

Or, if you really want to go back in history, teams back in the early days used to wear a patch that would commemorate the previous year's title. Ottawa had one in 1927-28, 1923-24, and 1921-22, Montreal had the globe jerseys in 1924-25, and Toronto had one in 1922-23. The old Ottawa Silver Seven also had one in the first decade of the 1900s for their three-year Stanley Cup streak. What's interesting is that no team that wore such a patch ever successfully defended their title.

Yeah I did read it somewhere that way back when in the 1920s, teams would put champion patches on their sweaters when they won the Stanley Cup. I guess it must have been a jinx so teams stopped doing it. :lol:

So you're saying that teams started wearing the "Stanley Cup patch" in 1988 with Montreal / Calgary in the Finals? More recently, do you know when "Stanley Cup Champions patches" were made? I saw on ebay there were 80s Oilers SC Champs patches for sale and a 1967 Cup Champs patch for the Leafs. I wasn't sure if they were just made up or if they are legit because I never saw a team wear a Stanley Cup Champs patch on its jersey in the 90s or this decade.

Yeah I did read it somewhere that way back when in the 1920s, teams would put champion patches on their sweaters when they won the Stanley Cup. I guess it must have been a jinx so teams stopped doing it. :lol:

So you're saying that teams started wearing the "Stanley Cup patch" in 1988 with Montreal / Calgary in the Finals? More recently, do you know when "Stanley Cup Champions patches" were made? I saw on ebay there were 80s Oilers SC Champs patches for sale and a 1967 Cup Champs patch for the Leafs. I wasn't sure if they were just made up or if they are legit because I never saw a team wear a Stanley Cup Champs patch on its jersey in the 90s or this decade.

It's possible that they were made up after the Cup Final as a commemorative type of thing, but as far as actually going onto a jersey, there hasn't been one of those in over 80 years.

I guess it'd be like some of the mini Stanley Cup deals. There might be one that commemorates the Rangers in 1940, but the Cup sure looked a lot different then....

STC1940.jpg

is ice_hockey_patches on ebay a legit seller?

Many of their patches are remakes of things never made available to the public.

Then it becomes a choice of holding out for an original you will 99% never get, or the best available obtainable one.

Many of their patches are remakes of things never made available to the public.

Then it becomes a choice of holding out for an original you will 99% never get, or the best available obtainable one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-PREMIERE-HELSINKI-PATCH-BLACKHAWKS-Vs-PANTHERS-/320522875396?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa0a6f204

this is the one I got, which was available to the public at one point. I ask because the patch is on a weird plastic backing and it looks like the fabric is rippled where its glued to the flat backing. not sure if its removable or able to be sewn on like it is.

Why they put the 0 and the O next to each other on the keyboard remains a mystery for the ages.

I have never noticed that until this very moment!

BREAKTHROUGH!

It's possible that they were made up after the Cup Final as a commemorative type of thing, but as far as actually going onto a jersey, there hasn't been one of those in over 80 years.

I guess it'd be like some of the mini Stanley Cup deals. There might be one that commemorates the Rangers in 1940, but the Cup sure looked a lot different then....

STC1940.jpg

So sewing a Cup Champions patch on a jersey could be an automatic jersey foul? :lol:

So sewing a Cup Champions patch on a jersey could be an automatic jersey foul? :lol:

The ones you noted yes. Unless you find a replica of those early 1900s jerseys and made your own, then no.

me either to be honest.

Observe much!?!??!

:)

Or just pick up a gamer next time you see one available.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=55&lotid=520

Well if I had a cool $1 million, I would have taken a stab at it. But all things considered $33,000 for an NHL jersey is just RIDICULOUS!

Or you could make the Stanley Cup Champions thing, the actual jersey:

Senators2.png

Been there. Done that.

2601049400100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2342527830100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Well if I had a cool $1 million, I would have taken a stab at it. But all things considered $33,000 for an NHL jersey is just RIDICULOUS!

Orr and Gretzky went for over $100k.

how does this look? I compared with a game worn, looks almost identicle except the red in the Nords logo looks way out of place... ???

QUEBEC87.gif

where is the best place to get legit 2010 cup patches? does IJ sell them?

• TMLFAN locked this topic