The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have any idea where I can get my hands on The Hartford patch that were on CT Whale jerseys?

Flyers Snider patch.

CgBDIM6UYAAult2_zpsi2mawh1f.jpg

12970972_10153457712607124_6093000980690

It's definitely white letters on top of black twill. I can't tell if the border is also white twill, making the whole thing sort of kiss cut, or if the border is screened on.

I hope they make some available.

If that white border is twill it would be really easy to make those patches.

Well here's hoping that's the case, because the Flyers just responded to someone on Facebook saying:

Unfortunately these are exclusive to the players' jerseys and not available to the public at this time.

Definitely obvious that they should but I don't know with league uniform rules and what not. I could see it not being "allowed" so the Flyers are forced to wear a helmet sticker or something. Common sense says that it shouldn't be a big deal at all but in today's age common sense doesn't always reign supreme.

League rules on patches are specifically waived for memorial patches.

Unfortunately, most teams simply rush out whatever the most basic design imaginable is.

So the Flyers posted that the Snider patches will not be available to the public "at this time."

With that said I am going to make the patches myself. I ordered 20 black background and white bordered patches. I am going to cut the twill EMS myself. I have a gamer preordered so I will have the exact dimensions of the lettering at that time, although I have a general idea at this point.

My plan is to donate 100% of the profits that are made on these patches and donate the money to either the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation or Comcast-Spectacor Charities.

I am currently trying to figure out a price point on these. Since I think I'm only doing a limited run of 20 I think that I want to raise the price to generate more money for the charity. If I was doing a mass run I would have the price lower for obvious reasons. I would provide proof of the donations so that everyone knows I'm not pocketing the extra money. I don't want to sell them for $1 "profit" each and donate a whopping $20, if that makes any sense.

I assume their is interest here, what do you all think about a fair price point? I'm still trying to figure out the exact cost to make of each patch but just to be safe let's say $10.

*pending talking to suite rep on Monday about legalities.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

I would say maybe $50 a pop.

Especially since the other option is to purchase a gamer.

God knows i spent way more on that for a couple of rare patches I have

$800 is a good donation to the charity there no? Or is that too small potatoes?

I would say maybe $50 a pop.

Especially since the other option is to purchase a gamer.

God knows i spent way more on that for a couple of rare patches I have

$800 is a good donation to the charity there no? Or is that too small potatoes?

Charities like ANY donation, they definitely would not turn up their nose to $800.

Yea, any donation is money in their pocket, and they are happy with it.

For our wedding, we made a couple hundred dollar donation to two different charities that were important to our two families in lieu of party favors for the guests.

Last year my daughter decided to collect money for the North Shore Animal League instead of having her friends bring birthday gifts to her birthday party. She collected like $200 and the NSAL was very happy to get it.

Way cool! Kudos to your daughter; she's a rock-star! :)

Yeah we were pretty proud of her, not a lot of 8 year olds would agree to give up gifts.

Of course, all but one kid came with the donation AND a small gift as well, which didn't hurt.

Looking for this patch

Koho Leafs Blue

Are the ones on replicas the same? If so, I can help you out.