New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

That's an amazing jersey Jeff! How long have you been hunting for one?

I've wanted one since I started collecting jerseys back in 1987. They were usually out of my price range and I wasn't exactly aggressive in trying to get one since the few I saw available were on high end auction sites so the "winning bid" price always had an additional 15%-20% tacked on just for the right to pay for it. I got this directly from a dealer without all the additional charges for "Buyers Premium" and shipping you get with an auction. Being one of the better known players on the team at the time, combined with the fact it actually fit me just made the circumstances come together at a time in my life where I have a "what the hell" attitude, and went for it.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted one since I started collecting jerseys back in 1987. They were usually out of my price range and I wasn't exactly aggressive in trying to get one since the few I saw available were on high end auction sites so the "winning bid" price always had an additional 15%-20% tacked on just for the right to pay for it. I got this directly from a dealer without all the additional charges for "Buyers Premium" and shipping you get with an auction. Being one of the better known players on the team at the time, combined with the fact it actually fit me just made the circumstances come together at a time in my life where I have a "what the hell" attitude, and went for it.

That is amazing Jeff!

I am sure you were quite amazed when you finally got it

I am sure this is quite the find since, as mentioned, you have had the Saints logo as your avatar since I can remember.....

Congratulations Jeff.....enjoy it....I'm sure it will provide you with many fond memories.....

Jeff, ever see the write up on the jersey guy in st Paul. He has season tickets in the lower level I believe. Then their is Dan, who handles the game worn collection at the hockey lodge. Two of the biggest collectors of game worn jerseys to my knowledge in the st Paul area. I wonder to myself which one your dealing with to make the transaction.

Congrats Jeff, that's a really cool and special jersey.

So Johnny, that was like two months you had to wait to get the ASG kits from EPS? They do look good though, I'm going with that myself after seeing it.

Jeff the jersey is amazing. Its great to see someone find what they have been looking for for a long time. As I continue to collect and focus my collection on specific jerseys I'm beginning to understand its not always what the jersey looks like its the stories that it holds.

So here are some AS jerseys that I picked up over the week. I know I originally said Kings and Red Wings not that anyone cares but I'm going for AS jerseys instead of Red Wings.

1992 AS TBTC Brett Hull:

IMG_1623.jpgIMG_1624.jpg

96/97 AS WEST. This here is going to be my Dmitri Khristich I just need the Kings and the San Jose shoulder patches.

IMG_1621.jpgIMG_1622.JPG

Then I picked this AS 96/97 of eBay for a nice deal. I just need to change the name on the back and the sleeve numbers and find the correct patches for it.

IMG_1579.jpgIMG_1580.JPG

Then I picked this AS 96/97 of eBay for a nice deal. I just need to change the name on the back and the sleeve numbers and find the correct patches for it.

You're right on with that Lemieux. Interesting that someone customized it as a '94, since he didn't even play in that game.

You're right on with that Lemieux. Interesting that someone customized it as a '94, since he didn't even play in that game.

Whats the difference, if there's no patches yet?

'96 and '97 had white letters and arm numbers.

(Edited.)

Whoops, I meant the 96 and 97 had no nameplates, sorry. I got mixed up for a moment there.

Now I'm confused, cause I thought 94 had a nameplate.

You are correct 94 all star jerseys had a name plate he will have to strip and put the name on with out and then put a 95 or 96 patch with the Pittsburgh shoulder patch

You are correct 94 all star jerseys had a name plate he will have to strip and put the name on with out and then put a 95 or 96 patch with the Pittsburgh shoulder patch

Bingo... I think the new name and sleeve numbers will cover everything up. I'm probably going to go with 96 so I can have the Boston AS patch. By the way does anyone know how big is the robo penguin on the shoulder patch?

Bingo... I think the new name and sleeve numbers will cover everything up. I'm probably going to go with 96 so I can have the Boston AS patch. By the way does anyone know how big is the robo penguin on the shoulder patch?

hope this helps and is that white or silver still

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1996_Mario_Lemieux_NHL_All_Star_Game_Worn_Jersey_1996_Boston_NHL_All_Star-3569-102.html

EPS did the originals

False.

2007-08 Columbus Blue Jackets Pascal Leclaire - light wear, no set tag. Edge 1.0

6899481608_71cbce43b1.jpg

6899482578_398747ae36.jpg

2010-11 Columbus Blue Jackets Mathieu Garon - stick and puck marks, team repair on sleeve. This is actually a 2009-10 Set 1 that was patched to serve as a backup or extra jersey for the 2010-11 season. Photomatched to games in early 2009-10 season, but none from the 2010-11 season so far. Edge 2.0

6899485076_f41075a7d9.jpg

7045583055_074559aae1.jpg

2010-11 Columbus Blue Jackets Mathieu Garon - stick and puck marks, team repair on sleeve. This is actually a 2009-10 Set 1 that was patched to serve as a backup or extra jersey for the 2010-11 season. Photomatched to games in early 2009-10 season, but none from the 2010-11 season so far. Edge 2.0

Love that Garon. Would slide nicely into my "Jerseys worn by Manchester Monarchs players that aren't Monarchs jerseys" collection.

I took pics of the larger hauls from SVP over the last month. Only a few jerseys are missing from random visits.

*NOTE* Most if not all jerseys are gone already. The Liberty jerseys to be specific! :). Did I sell you one?? Can you see your jersey?

SVP Haul #1

DSCF4474.jpg

SVP Haul #2

DSCF4490.jpg

SVP Haul #3

DSCF4502.jpg

I think I've moved more flames H.C jerseys then the Flames themselves did!

I will post my "Keepers" soon.

I don't deal with any of that new fancy shamcy stuff, but cudos to those of you hook picked up jerseys for others - very commendable.