New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always enjoy reading stories from you guys, so here's a quick one that'll give you an idea of what this recent acquisition means to me.

Being born and raised in North Bay meant that the doctor put skates on your feet before cutting the umbilical cord, and that the North Bay Centennials were the one and only team to cheer for, period.

Names like Elik, Houlder, Turcotte, and (Kevin?) Hatcher were always thrown around the rink (as well as around the town in general), but meant very little to a youngster like myself at the time. And although I wore the same XL7 helmet and cooperalls as Daren did, I was too young to really appreciate him as a player back then-

2218471720105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

I was more interested in seeing guys like Trevor Halverson light up the lamp repeatedly -

2829942330105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

I loved watching Derian (that's better) Hatcher bury anyone who dared come down his wing, let alone anyone who was stupid enough to go dig a puck out of the corner -

2651390510105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

...and I wasn't quite sure who this Berehowski kid was, but with the way everyone was talking, he had to be good, and I would welcome him with open arms to my city and team -

2785369390105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Both my father and uncle regularly purchased seasons tickets, and often one side of the family would miss a game here and there to allow either myself, or my cousin Mike to bring some of our hockey teammates to the game. This particular game turned into such an event, and I able to invite one of my best buds, Cam, to tag along.

Before hand, I was more concerned whether or not Casey, the train conductor mascot who always had a pocket full of lollipops, would venture over to our section to hook both Cam and I up, but Cam, right from the start, had a pre-conceived notion that we were only there to taunt one of the best and most highly skilled players in the league.

As soon as we sat down he started yelling as loud as his 12 year old lungs could muster - "Lind-ros!!! ...YOU SUCK!!! LIND-ROS...YOU SUCK!!!"

My dad started to chuckle, and I quickly joined Cam any time he would pipe up. I had no idea who this Lindros kid was, but Cam hated him and he wasn't a Centennial, and that was good enough for me. At one point we had the whole section chanting, but even after they calmed down, Cam and I would continue throughout the game.

The intensity started early between Derian and Eric, both throwing their weight around considerably, always on the ice when the other was out.

Supporting Cam's cheers and jeers throughout, I quickly took note, and was happy to say that Derian (surprisingly - looking back on it now), got the best of Eric more often than not that game, and although neither put the other on their Arse, often Hatcher was the one walking away with or clearing the puck.

Throughout the first two periods, watching them trade bodychecks, I was more or less just happy to cheer when we scored, to boo when the refs would call a penalty against us, and to join along when Cam decided we needed to voice ourselves again, but I never really did it because I was overly aware of what was going on and/or passionate about the game, I was just following along with the rest of the crowd...that is, until the 3rd period.

It was back and forth throughout the game, but we managed to hold on to a 5-4 lead with only a few minutes left. That's when Eric decided he'd heard enough from Cam and I, and took matters into his own hands.

During his final shift in regulation, Eric took a skate through half our team, including one defencemen, but there was no way he was getting past our new star...so instead, he decided to go through him - with only a minute or so left, the referees right arm firmly in the air, and Drake Berehowsky desperately holding on to his left arm and shoulder, I watched in amazement as Eric Lindros forged forward, and one-handed the puck top shelf, glove side, to tie things up.

To this day, it is without a doubt the best goal I've ever seen.

Although Cam had gone completely silent beside me, there was still some noise in the building as you could clearly hear everyone's excitement slowly transition into a collectively wispered 'WOW!'

No one could believe it, and as cliché and over-dramatic as it may sound, it was at that moment that I really took on an appreciation for the game, let alone the player that Eric Lindros was.

He would go on to score the OT winner as well, an outside blast from the top of the circle, which, while not nearly as exciting as his previous goal, completely deflated the arena and the Centennials.

I couldn't help but feel shame for having chanted repeated lies throughout the game, as Eric Lindros, clearly, did not suck. I remember continuously looking at Cam after the game for guidance, but he was just as dismayed as I was. It really sucked, but at the same time, it was awesome!

Today (with a special thanks to HM for the hookups), I'm happy to share this bad boy -

2483788550105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2677024720105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Though, this acquisition can only mean one thing - HM's soon gonna have an even nicer jersey to post...

Moneyorder - Simple choice for that Nucks jersey. Mark Messier, 'twas his first season in Vancouver.

Oxbo - I hate you. The Zucc is great.

Moneyorder - Simple choice for that Nucks jersey. Mark Messier, 'twas his first season in Vancouver.

No way :noway: Probably go with Bure, Linden, maybe even the rookie defenseman that year Mattias Ohlund ;)

Can I ask why Zuke is so popular in New York? He seems more like he would be a fringe guy for the fans. His jerseys usually go for so much money (luckily this one was manageable) and he is an AHLer mostly. How do NYR fans view him? It seems like Tortorella does not like him as he is too small.

He has a very strong fan following, at least among people I know. He's very friendly before games, signs a lot of autographs and takes pictures. I don't think there's anybody on our team that the fans don't like though, now that Christensen is gone lol. As for me personally, I liked him before he was on the team. I feel like he has a lot of skill, and I'm more of a fan of small skilled guys than big guys who fight or power their way around the ice.

I always enjoy reading stories from you guys, so here's a quick one that'll give you an idea of what this recent acquisition means to me.

Being born and raised in North Bay meant that the doctor put skates on your feet before cutting the umbilical cord, and that the North Bay Centennials were the one and only team to cheer for, period.

Names like Elik, Houlder, Turcotte, and (Kevin?) Hatcher were always thrown around the rink (as well as around the town in general), but meant very little to a youngster like myself at the time. And although I wore the same XL7 helmet and cooperalls as Daren did, I was too young to really appreciate him as a player back then-

I was more interested in seeing guys like Trevor Halverson light up the lamp repeatedly -

I loved watching Derian (that's better) Hatcher bury anyone who dared come down his wing, let alone anyone who was stupid enough to go dig a puck out of the corner -

...and I wasn't quite sure who this Berehowski kid was, but with the way everyone was talking, he had to be good, and I would welcome him with open arms to my city and team -

Both my father and uncle regularly purchased seasons tickets, and often one side of the family would miss a game here and there to allow either myself, or my cousin Mike to bring some of our hockey teammates to the game. This particular game turned into such an event, and I able to invite one of my best buds, Cam, to tag along.

Before hand, I was more concerned whether or not Casey, the train conductor mascot who always had a pocket full of lollipops, would venture over to our section to hook both Cam and I up, but Cam, right from the start, had a pre-conceived notion that we were only there to taunt one of the best and most highly skilled players in the league.

As soon as we sat down he started yelling as loud as his 12 year old lungs could muster - "Lind-ros!!! ...YOU SUCK!!! LIND-ROS...YOU SUCK!!!"

My dad started to chuckle, and I quickly joined Cam any time he would pipe up. I had no idea who this Lindros kid was, but Cam hated him and he wasn't a Centennial, and that was good enough for me. At one point we had the whole section chanting, but even after they calmed down, Cam and I would continue throughout the game.

The intensity started early between Derian and Eric, both throwing their weight around considerably, always on the ice when the other was out.

Supporting Cam's cheers and jeers throughout, I quickly took note, and was happy to say that Derian (surprisingly - looking back on it now), got the best of Eric more often than not that game, and although neither put the other on their Arse, often Hatcher was the one walking away with or clearing the puck.

Throughout the first two periods, watching them trade bodychecks, I was more or less just happy to cheer when we scored, to boo when the refs would call a penalty against us, and to join along when Cam decided we needed to voice ourselves again, but I never really did it because I was overly aware of what was going on and/or passionate about the game, I was just following along with the rest of the crowd...that is, until the 3rd period.

It was back and forth throughout the game, but we managed to hold on to a 5-4 lead with only a few minutes left. That's when Eric decided he'd heard enough from Cam and I, and took matters into his own hands.

During his final shift in regulation, Eric took a skate through half our team, including one defencemen, but there was no way he was getting past our new star...so instead, he decided to go through him - with only a minute or so left, the referees right arm firmly in the air, and Drake Berehowsky desperately holding on to his left arm and shoulder, I watched in amazement as Eric Lindros forged forward, and one-handed the puck top shelf, glove side, to tie things up.

To this day, it is without a doubt the best goal I've ever seen.

Although Cam had gone completely silent beside me, there was still some noise in the building as you could clearly hear everyone's excitement slowly transition into a collectively wispered 'WOW!'

No one could believe it, and as cliché and over-dramatic as it may sound, it was at that moment that I really took on an appreciation for the game, let alone the player that Eric Lindros was.

He would go on to score the OT winner as well, an outside blast from the top of the circle, which, while not nearly as exciting as his previous goal, completely deflated the arena and the Centennials.

I couldn't help but feel shame for having chanted repeated lies throughout the game, as Eric Lindros, clearly, did not suck. I remember continuously looking at Cam after the game for guidance, but he was just as dismayed as I was. It really sucked, but at the same time, it was awesome!

Today (with a special thanks to HM for the hookups), I'm happy to share this bad boy -

Though, this acquisition can only mean one thing - HM's soon gonna have an even nicer jersey to post...

Wow......I know you told me that you wanted this because you saw him play in North Bay, however reading this story makes me content that it was able to transition to you.....

This is what I love about the hobby....hearing stuff like this......

For that reason is why I idolized Lindros as a player....sure probably lots of people on here don't like him, think he doesn't belong in the hall of fame, or whatever.

And it is for that reason that I try to collect every jersey he (and Patrick Roy) have worn throughout their careers

Amazing story.....enjoy the jersey!! It has definitely landed in the right hands

And as you mentioned, I will be soon replacing the first image in my sig real soon....

Everybody is so happy with me! I like that. :D You know what else I like? FINALLY being able to check one off the list...though I have a feeling a fellow Blues fan here won't be too happy about it!

rdcirca2009ReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

dcirca2009bReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

And as a HUGE bonus, it's from the Stockholm series in 2009:

NHLPremiereStockholm2009Blues-vi.jpg

Yessssssssssss. It's a scrub player and was probably never even worn but I don't care. I LOVE it. Let's go BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUES. I want a John Davidson Stanley Cup Finals dammit!

Wow......I know you told me that you wanted this because you saw him play in North Bay, however reading this story makes me content that it was able to transition to you.....

This is what I love about the hobby....hearing stuff like this......

For that reason is why I idolized Lindros as a player....sure probably lots of people on here don't like him, think he doesn't belong in the hall of fame, or whatever.

And it is for that reason that I try to collect every jersey he (and Patrick Roy) have worn throughout their careers

Amazing story.....enjoy the jersey!! It has definitely landed in the right hands

And as you mentioned, I will be soon replacing the first image in my sig real soon....

Oh yes, that jersey ranks fairly high in my collection, thanks again.

It's just such a nice jersey too.

Funny thing is I didn't like Eric much after he said no to the Nords.

Fast forward to more recent times, and I dated a girl a few years ago who was studying at Western U, so I took trip down one summer to visit, and got to see, first hand, one of the giant research labs that he made possible. He went back up a bit in my books.

Mike, that Blues is gorgeous. I don't know that I've seen a Blues game in the last 5 years, but that's certainly a nice jersey.

Very nice Brilliant!

I'd love to get one from the Sweden premiere, but there are only so many out there. If it were a Steen or Perron or Berglund, I'd definitely be going crazy over it.

Hopefully the white 2.0 comes through for me so I can put the premiere patch I have on it.

EDIT: If you ever want a link to the original listing for whatever reason, I have charted a number of the Blues auctions in an Excel spreadsheet so that I can determine what the original selling price of GU and GI jerseys are and for the pics.

I never noticed the arch in the Blues crest. I kind of like them now, I think the arch behind their primary logo looks great.

I never noticed the arch in the Blues crest. I kind of like them now, I think the arch behind their primary logo looks great.

*facepalm*. You know what I just realized? Water is wet :thumbsup:

Only kidding bud. :stickhndl:

*facepalm*. You know what I just realized? Water is wet :thumbsup:

Only kidding bud. :stickhndl:

LOL! I'll remember that when I'm driving through Long Island. Of course, I don't know what you look like or where you live, but based on the arena vote, I'm sure it won't be too hard to find an Islanders fan on Long Island :P

I jest :thumbsup:

LOL! I'll remember that when I'm driving through Long Island. Of course, I don't know what you look like or where you live, but based on the arena vote, I'm sure it won't be too hard to find an Islanders fan on Long Island :P

I jest :thumbsup:

Haha, I chuckled.

I can appreciate a good joke, I am an Islander fan after all :thumbsup:

might get jumped if i walk into rogers with a messier!

Know for a fact that if i saw that, you'd be fine, but the jersey would have the name and number cut off and set on fire.

No way :noway: Probably go with Bure, Linden, maybe even the rookie defenseman that year Mattias Ohlund ;)

No love for a 1st year Canucks BErtuzzi? #27?

Wicked Jerseys throughout! love the Euro patch, i want to find one for my Seguin Rep. Make it fit with his first game.

Well the time has come to say goodbye to half my collection, i was in the process of getting all my jerseys on my photo bucket( i am missing 7 or 8 on photbucket) but i realized that i had a lot of money invested in my collection and it was time to put it in other places.

My collection has been under wraps for the better part of 10 years except for my acquisitions of the last 3 years which i posted on this board. I love the hobby and will continue to be involved but i have decided to keep 10 jerseys and consign the other 20 to classic auctions. i will bring my jerseys to classic today so i thought i would share my unfinished photo bucket which i had previously not allowed many to see because of fear of getting harassed to sell.

a difficult day for me but one i knew would eventually happen

http://photobucket.com/Georges-collection

Password moneyballs1

in 24 hours i will change the password