New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

This came in yesterday just in time to see another pathetic performance by the Leafs against Philly. I don't know whether to laugh because these guys are tanking to get a good draft pick or to cry because we were looking like a lock for a playoff spot but now it clear that there is absolutely no hope of this team getting better anytime soon. I just want to say I think it's embarrassing for two of the most iconic franchises in sports history in the Leafs and the Habs to be last and second last in the Eastern Conference. Both organizations should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen but at least the Habs took steps yesterday to correct that. Can't say the same for the Leafs.

Anyways, back to sanity. This came in and as you can see the customization job was horrible. Twill nameplate, wrong number font/size, wrong name font, nothing was right on it.

2959516090105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2050148270105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

Broke out the seam ripper and went to work. Everything came of nicely and after a wash the jersey is in great shape ready to be re-customized. I'm also gonna try to have a NHL shield added to make it a 91-92 but we'll see how that goes

2103259030105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2251011880105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had purchased several patches from eBay seller 'mpzmpzmpz' recently. A few months back, he was selling a few authentic NYI 25th patches on eBay. I asked him if he had any remaining. He said he only had one left, which he sold to me. I was hoping he had more, as i needed a couple of more for my NYI 'Wave' jerseys.

Those Cup Centennial Patches repos or authentics? If authentic, any interest in unloading one?

Wow, those two are real beauties. So rare to see that style of Whalers jerseys, let alone gamers. So did the team recycle the Evason to put Craven on it? Also, interesting that the white one has the 75th patch but the hem line tag doesn't have the orange NHL shield next to the CCM on the hem.

Lots of great jerseys posted this week.

Those are sweet. White one must be a recycled set two from 1989-1990, as I think this is the only time they had the individual CCM embroidery without the shield, let me know if I am wrong guys. That is sweet in my opinion since it makes it even rarer. The green is to KILL FOR! What is your address (joking)?

Awesome pick ups. What's up with the blue V on the green Craven?

Maybe a sign of a pending trade to Vancouver....he was traded the following season...

This came in yesterday just in time to see another pathetic performance by the Leafs against Philly. I don't know whether to laugh because these guys are tanking to get a good draft pick or to cry because we were looking like a lock for a playoff spot but now it clear that there is absolutely no hope of this team getting better anytime soon. I just want to say I think it's embarrassing for two of the most iconic franchises in sports history in the Leafs and the Habs to be last and second last in the Eastern Conference. Both organizations should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen but at least the Habs took steps yesterday to correct that. Can't say the same for the Leafs.

Anyways, back to sanity. This came in and as you can see the customization job was horrible. Twill nameplate, wrong number font/size, wrong name font, nothing was right on it.

Broke out the seam ripper and went to work. Everything came of nicely and after a wash the jersey is in great shape ready to be re-customized. I'm also gonna try to have a NHL shield added to make it a 91-92 but we'll see how that goes

###### you beat me on another one ;)

I had a feeling you got it.....

Those Cup Centennial Patches repos or authentics? If authentic, any interest in unloading one?

They are authentic, but i will be using each patch. One for my 1993 NHL All Star jersey, another for my 1993 Stars/North Stars jersey, and the last one for either my Whalers or Jets jersey.

They are authentic, but i will be using each patch. One for my 1993 NHL All Star jersey, another for my 1993 Stars/North Stars jersey, and the last one for either my Whalers or Jets jersey.

Ok, good look with your new ones.

Some pickups over the last little while.....

80's Habs size 54 - Roy

th_IMG_0051.jpg th_IMG_0052.jpg

'88 All Star - Roy

th_IMG_0113.jpg th_IMG_0114.jpg

HUGE thank you to F-Liars for selling this to me

'91 Canada Cup (still looking for the red one) - Lindros

th_IMG_0049.jpg th_IMG_0050.jpg

'86-87 Flyers - Hextall

th_IMG_0053.jpg th_IMG_0054.jpg

Oddball question- what's the story with those wool Ranger sweaters I've seen people sporting at games? I know they're like the original sweaters from back in the day, but are they hard to find? They look itchy and warm.

naa.. they are nothing big. check out river cuty sports. i think they are like $100 a pop.

Whoa! Nice!! Can't believe I missed that, which I presume you got on eBay?

###### you beat me on another one ;)

I had a feeling you got it.....

Sorry bro, I knew you'd be after it too to match that Iafrate you have. You did pretty well for yourself too though, that all star is amazing.

Whoa! Nice!! Can't believe I missed that, which I presume you got on eBay?

Yup, put a very fair offer right away and got it.

A new addition and an add on

Wild CCM 6100

4kzqxf.jpg

a9ohs2.jpg

Jagr 04 All Star. Had the Rangers patch added and i know its not right it needs a nameplate (This was one of those valqual ones for $100 which was missing the shoulder patch and has no plate which i need to get fixed sometime in the future).

29wwx7a.jpg

Some pickups over the last little while.....

HUGE thank you to F-Liars for selling this to me

'91 Canada Cup (still looking for the red one) - Lindros

Sorry bud but I think you just missed a size 56 in red for $90

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item3cc44f9a86&item=260991588998&nma=true&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&rt=nc&si=h7lCWAMocpL3DJ6g3Bbje9HqiYg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1159

As I posted in the "is it good or not" thread, that looks to be the ultrafil remake.....

I want the original air-knit version, like the white one I posted....I know of two people who have it.....

I bought this as a gift and had it shipped to my niece's husband and a big Flyers fan (his picture). Beautiful Phantoms jersey. Edge 2.0, BNWT, fight strap, etc., etc.... He was really surprised to receive it and EXTREMELY happy.

PhantomsBlack3.jpg

Got this in today from the SVP sale, board member Tyler gets the props for hooking me up. This is going right out the door tomorrow and up to stitches to become a Tavares rookie.

Edge 2.0 sz 54

islanders6.jpg

A new addition and an add on

Wild CCM 6100

Jagr 04 All Star. Had the Rangers patch added and i know its not right it needs a nameplate (This was one of those valqual ones for $100 which was missing the shoulder patch and has no plate which i need to get fixed sometime in the future).

Love that wild jersey!

Awesome pick ups. What's up with the blue V on the green Craven?

The "V" is probably a replacement letter. It's a different shade of blue, more reflective, and cut larger than the other blue letters.

Wow, those two are real beauties. So rare to see that style of Whalers jerseys, let alone gamers. So did the team recycle the Evason to put Craven on it? Also, interesting that the white one has the 75th patch but the hem line tag doesn't have the orange NHL shield next to the CCM on the hem.

Those are sweet. White one must be a recycled set two from 1989-1990, as I think this is the only time they had the individual CCM embroidery without the shield, let me know if I am wrong guys. That is sweet in my opinion since it makes it even rarer. The green is to KILL FOR! What is your address (joking)?

I just did some research and found the Whalers jersey was constantly changing during this era.

1989-90: Air-Knit, straight stripes higher up on the sleeves

1990-91: Mesh, diagonal sleeve stripes, league-wide NHL shield on back hem begins

1991-92: Ultrafil, straight stripes lower down on the sleeves

1992-93: Ultrafil, new blue/gray design

Dean Evason was traded a couple days before the first 1991-92 regular season game at Quebec, so I think the green one was already prepared with his name. The Whalers acquired Murray Craven a month later and he was given Evason's number. The white one doesn't show Evason's name being stripped. It probably isn't from 1989-90 because of the different materials and the stripe positions. It's not the only one without the shield.

Can we stop quoting multiple pictures just to say "love the XXXX jersey"? It's unnecessary and clutters the thread.

Can we stop quoting multiple pictures just to say "love the XXXX jersey"? It's unnecessary and clutters the thread.

I really like what dropkick had to say...but 75% of this thread is clutter.

I hate to clutter up a thread, but that blackhawks jersey is simply stunning, would you agree dropkick?

Perhaps you should read the board's rules about quoting pictures....

Being on a mobile device, one does not have access to the rules and regulations. Being the nice guy that you are and by your past comments made towards me and others I felt it necessary to rib you a bit. But seeing how you can only dish out, I will be more sensitive towards your feelings towards the rules and regulations. Now with that said..I will look the other way when your comments are detrimental and demeaning towards other forum members.