New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

1996-97 Rookie year Donald Brashear 1/1 Vancouver Canucks Alternate.

That might actually be one of the nicest jerseys I have seen on the New Arrivals thread. Amazing!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like those numbers on the Steel.

Just got this in from HockeyMusic. Thanks brotha!

I have no idea who I'll get put on it and when I'll ever get around to doing so, but it's a ###### nice jersey.

Flames HC Edge 2.0 56

2052628940107092053S500x500Q85.jpg2517940530107092053S500x500Q85.jpg

I have one of those coming from Thelonius Monk...they look great dont they :thumbsup:

Just in from Custom Crafted... Edge 1.0 size 50. My first authentic! Very pleased with it. Thanks to everyone on this board for the tips and knowledge.

2yvp3pt.jpg

n6vlmv.jpg

I'm also not sure if the Rangers wore any patches with those jerseys, even if just for a game or two, so if anybody knows, that would be great.

When in doubt check NHLpatches.info

For the blue you can go with:

- October 5th, 2005 Katrina CARES patch (legit patch is hard to find, many bad replicas out there)

- January 12th, 2006 Messier night patch

- September 23rd, 2006 Puerto Rico patch (like on my Prucha 550)

For the liberty only patch is:

- January 4th, 2007 Teammates for Kids (like on my Straka - legit patch has san-serif fonts)

When in doubt check NHLpatches.info

For the blue you can go with:

- October 5th, 2005 Katrina CARES patch (legit patch is hard to find, many bad replicas out there)

- January 12th, 2006 Messier night patch

- September 23rd, 2006 Puerto Rico patch (like on my Prucha 550)

For the liberty only patch is:

- January 4th, 2007 Teammates for Kids (like on my Straka - legit patch has san-serif fonts)

Thanks for the info. Totally forgot about that site. Might need some help finding patches, if you can keep your eyes open for me. I'll have to check the roster from Messier night.

EDIT: I see that the Katrina game was an away game in Philly, so wouldn't they have worn white?

I like those numbers on the Steel.

Just got this in from HockeyMusic. Thanks brotha!

I have no idea who I'll get put on it and when I'll ever get around to doing so, but it's a ###### nice jersey.

Flames HC Edge 2.0 56

You're welcome

Starter mesh is significantly softer. Can someone repost the picture being referenced? I can't see it (I can see the two Rangers blanks, but not the reference pic for some reason) and I'm curious about what differences people are talking about.

I think you mean this pic http://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nachrichtenfoto/new-york-rangers-centers-wayne-gretzky-and-mark-nachrichtenfoto/288293

So I got this in today that I picked up from eBay last week and it's a 88-89 Los Angeles Kings Wayne Gretzky Home jersey with one CCM on the right hem. From what I was told this was the only year the he had the CCM only on his right hem. Then in 89-90 CCM started to use the big block CCM logos without the NHL shield but on his jerseys there were two CCM logos as seen here.

Now I know that the Kings used a nameplate for the 88-89 season and I will be adding that to the jersey soon. What I want to know is did he wear an "A" or a "C" any time during his first year with the Kings?

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

I also picked this blank San Jose Sharks away jersey which will soon be my 96-97 Tony Granato

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

So I got this in today that I picked up from eBay last week and it's a 88-89 Los Angeles Kings Wayne Gretzky Home jersey with one CCM on the right hem. From what I was told this was the only year the he had the CCM only on his right hem. Then in 89-90 CCM started to use the big block CCM logos without the NHL shield but on his jerseys there were two CCM logos as seen here.

Now I know that the Kings used a nameplate for the 88-89 season and I will be adding that to the jersey soon. What I want to know is did he wear an "A" or a "C" any time during his first year with the Kings?

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

I also picked this blank San Jose Sharks away jersey which will soon be my 96-97 Tony Granato

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

Gretzky was an alternate captain in '88-'89 and Dave Taylor was the captain. Taylor missed some time that year, but I'm not sure if Gretzky ever wore the C before being named captain prior to the '89-'90 season. Your best bet for accuracy would be the "A". It's the last time in his career he wore it - he was named captain straightaway by the Blues, and he was neither for the Rangers, though he did wear the "C" for a few games in '96-'97.

EDIT: I see that the Katrina game was an away game in Philly, so wouldn't they have worn white?

I think the date I posted from NHLPatches is wrong. If you look at their page it shows the Rangers in blue.

My guess is each team wore it in their home opener. So the Rangers would have worn it Thu. Oct 6, 2005 against the Habs.

For that Katrina patch, I've got 3 different replicas all different sizes, and none of them are correct. I believe Jeff pointed out that in the legit ones the middle white section of the skater and the line are actually thread, not just empty spaces with the white twill showing through. Even the one pictured on NHLPatches seems to be a replica/reproduction.

I think the date I posted from NHLPatches is wrong. If you look at their page it shows the Rangers in blue.

My guess is each team wore it in their home opener. So the Rangers would have worn it Thu. Oct 6, 2005 against the Habs.

For that Katrina patch, I've got 3 different replicas all different sizes, and none of them are correct. I believe Jeff pointed out that in the legit ones the middle white section of the skater and the line are actually thread, not just empty spaces with the white twill showing through. Even the one pictured on NHLPatches seems to be a replica/reproduction.

You're right, the Katrina patches were only worn on the home opener.

Sounds good, so I will just replace the "C" with an "A". Now I just need to find someone that can make me the correct nameplate using the correct font.

Finally got this nameplate done up and sewn. It's not perfect, but close. Thanks to chow_hound for the illusive material.

Mark Wotton 96/97 Game Issued Alt.

2867271360107092053S500x500Q85.jpg2946518570107092053S500x500Q85.jpg

A mint Wild Wing... nice. That must have set you back a few $$$.

Here it is. A grail crossed off my list....Being the Selanne junkie I am...and a HUGE Ducks fan!

XXL Wild WIng NWT...I might be the happiest guy on this board right now!

20120326_120727.jpg

20120326_120803.jpg

You don't see that everyday! Enjoy

Here it is. A grail crossed off my list....Being the Selanne junkie I am...and a HUGE Ducks fan!

XXL Wild WIng NWT...I might be the happiest guy on this board right now!

Happy you got your grail. Nice jersey.

Just got these in from Mike today..

show the backs too!!