New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

great, for when you run out of T.P

Booooooo, McSorley is great guy and you need players like him or the entire team goes soft.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what to make of this one, guys. The guy I bought it from claims it is team issued (preseason). It's obviously never been game worn. The neck tag looks brand new and there is no evidence of any other tags - size or center ice. The fight strap actually looks like it might have come from another more used jersey. And while Cam Russell played for the Hawks in the 90's, he never wore 34 that I can find (started with 52 and then switched to 8 mid-90's). What do you think? Anyone know where I can find preseason info to find out if Russell ever wore 34 in the preseason?

This is just a guess, but if the jersey is legit, I would think it would have to be from the 1991-92 preseason.

Dominik Hasek wore #34 in 1990-91, but switched to 31 in 1991-92. Russell wore 52 when he was with the Hawks in 1990-91, but spent most of 1991-92 with Indianapolis. During the 1991-92 season the Hawks got Tony Horacek from Philadelphia, and he used #34 during his next few seasons with the Hawks. I suppose it's possible that Russell used 34 during the 1991 preseason (Horacek wasn't a Hawk yet), but when Russell was later called up from Indianapolis, he couldn't use 34 because it may have been already issued to Horacek. Russell went on to use #8 for many seasons, so there would be no reason to use 34 or any other number after 1992.

Is there any evidence of numbers/nameplate change or ASG patch removal on the jersey?

This is just a guess, but if the jersey is legit, I would think it would have to be from the 1991-92 preseason.

Dominik Hasek wore #34 in 1990-91, but switched to 31 in 1991-92. Russell wore 52 when he was with the Hawks in 1990-91, but spent most of 1991-92 with Indianapolis. During the 1991-92 season the Hawks got Tony Voracek from Philadelphia, and he used #34 during his next few seasons with the Hawks. I suppose it's possible that Russell used 34 during the 1991 preseason (Voracek wasn't a Hawk yet), but when Russell was later called up from Indianapolis, he couldn't use 34 because it may have been already issued to Voracek. Russell went on to use #8 for many seasons, so there would be no reason to use 34 or any other number after 1992.

Is there any evidence of numbers/nameplate change or ASG patch removal on the jersey?

I like the theory. I'll have to try to search some archives and see if I can find any evidence of him wearing #34 that year. There is no evidence of a ASG patch removal or any other changes on the jersey.

Not sure what to make of this one, guys. The guy I bought it from claims it is team issued (preseason). It's obviously never been game worn. The neck tag looks brand new and there is no evidence of any other tags - size or center ice. The fight strap actually looks like it might have come from another more used jersey. And while Cam Russell played for the Hawks in the 90's, he never wore 34 that I can find (started with 52 and then switched to 8 mid-90's). What do you think? Anyone know where I can find preseason info to find out if Russell ever wore 34 in the preseason?

No idea about Cam but you should srip the name, put on Hasek and an Chicago Stadium All Star Game patch and then you have a pretty bad a++ Hasek rookie home jersey.

As an FYI: all the rookie pics such as hockey cards have him with his red jersey on. If you look at his splits he did indeed wear it in two home games, one regular seaon and one playoffs, so you should be good if you go that route.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/h/hasekdo01/gamelog/1991/

I like the theory. I'll have to try to search some archives and see if I can find any evidence of him wearing #34 that year. There is no evidence of a ASG patch removal or any other changes on the jersey.

Here you go, see previous post about home white jersey.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1139425/2/14/index.htm

Neil Wilkinson - 92/93 home jersey. This is a beautiful jersey and very accurately customized.

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1457.JPG

Neil Wilkinson Vs Keith Tkachuk

Cam Russell vs Neil Wilkinson

Neil Wilkinson - 92/93 home jersey. This is a beautiful jersey and very accurately customized.

Old Sharks are great, I have the road with Wilson and NHL 75th, if I get a home will be Irbe and Stanley Cup Centennial.

No idea about Cam but you should srip the name, put on Hasek and an Chicago Stadium All Star Game patch and then you have a pretty bad a++ Hasek rookie home jersey.

As an FYI: all the rookie pics such as hockey cards have him with his red jersey on. If you look at his splits he did indeed wear it in two home games, one regular seaon and one playoffs, so you should be good if you go that route.

http://www.hockey-re...1/gamelog/1991/

I'm really liking this idea - I think I even have an All Star patch around... If I can't prove that Cam wore 34 in the preseason at all, this sounds like a great plan!

Another possibility being it's a pre-season jersey is it could have been done up for another guy with the same last name that never made the team. It's fairly rare to find jerseys back then that weren't recycled but they do exist. I would think if it was Cam's jersey, pre season or not the arms would still have been customized how he normally did them up. There are some great suggestions here as to what to do with the jersey.

Authentic Koho Alex Tanguay authentic...

Game Used Chris Drury with Meigray paperwork ProPlayer

druryTanguay002.jpg

druryTanguay001.jpg

Authentic Koho Alex Tanguay authentic...

American Dodgeball Association of America

Even though it is pretty sweet, as a Leaf fan, I must refrain from comment on Habs jerseys

On that note here are a couple of my recent arrivals

CCM ultrafil Hawks size 54 - Will replace the Hasek first game jersey that I sold to Tazer19 and his AMAZING Hawks collection

th_IMG_0106.jpg th_IMG_0107.jpg

And here is what I have been waiting for....

The Lindros Winter Classic alumni game jersey sold for 7K so that was WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of my reach, however the Flyers Wives Carnival jerseys were on auction for a MUCH cheaper price

So I kept my eye on the size 58+ jerseys (Lindros wore 58+) and here it is.....

Edge 2.0 Flyers size 58+ - Will be a Lindros winter classic alumni game jersey

th_IMG_0108.jpg th_IMG_0109.jpg

For Flyers fans, I have the Flyers Wives Carnival patch for sale if you are interested

58+ !!!

I recently was sent one of those in error. It had been listed on the website as a 56. Sent it back for an exchange. It was HUGE !!! Must be the size John Scott wears....

I hope you bought the Jagr, stripped it, and sent the letters and numbers to his kids.

If I had got the Jagr, I'd mail you the kit so you can have the satisfaction of having your return address on the envelope when it gets to him

In actuality this was the Jody Shelley

So if anyone wants a signed Jody Shelley kit I will sell it to you

Very nice Flyers! Are you sure you do not want to turn it into a Jagr 2012 SCF jersey though? :thumbsup:

Very sure.....

Wow, great pick up. Where did you find one with a wordmark?

The was from nhl.com auctions.....flyers wives carnival charity auction

My link

The was from nhl.com auctions.....flyers wives carnival charity auction

My link

Awesome pickup and it looks like the names and numbers came off without any residue. Can't wait to see it be turned into a Lindros alumni game jersey.