New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Nice Rangers jersey indeed. :thumbsup:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

So when I purchased these 3 jerseys they were ether miss customized or missing their nameplate. I ordered the nameplates from Game Day Sports Archives and let me tell you guys this guy does a kick Arse job. I had the kits put on by a local company called Event Apparel and I got to give it to them also, nice job guys. :thumbsup:

91/92 Kelly Hrudey - 25th anniversary patch and 75th anniversary patch, both patches are replicas. I did my best to find authentic but no luck.

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

92/93 Felix Potvin with the 100 year Stanley Cup replica patch

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

95/96 Uwe Krupp, When I purchased this jersey some schmuck had Rob Blake on it. I think Uwe deserves this one. When Uwe Krupp scored that unassisted goal at 4:31 he ended 44 minutes and 31 seconds of overtime play. Some great hockey was played during game 4. So I went ahead and ordered the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals patch for it and as so as I get I'm slapping it right on it. I think some Colorado fan would appreciate this jersey.

IMG_1412.jpg

This guy was in rough shape when I found it - the fight strap was cut out, the collar tags were missing, it had improper twill name/numbers, a few stains, and a bit of loose stitching here and there.

That said, finding an original is next to impossible, and I got it fairly cheap considering the condition it was in.

I started by stripping, cleaning, and performing a few minor repairs, and then went on the hunt to find some materials for the restoration.

I harvested an identical fight strap to what the Jets wore, from an old mid 80s practice jersey, and I had a 1985 Devils mesh that was done up by Gerry Cosby, NY, where they'd removed the original born-on (1985 01) and CCM Maska neck tags to put in their tag, but sewed the two original tags sideways on to the side of the Cosby tag. The Devils jersey had never been worn or washed, so the original collar tags were in mint/crisp condition.

2495919190105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

While I was pretty excited to have found those items, the real gem, while in very short supply, was tracking down (in Winnipeg no less) the original flight satin the Jets used for customizing their jerseys back in the mid 80s. The new material (never having been worn or washed) is actually really stiff to the touch, but the nature of the material gives it a wrinkled look and feel right away -

2561851060105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2549858030105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Not that I'll be washing it anytime soon, but if I'm sure if I threw it in with a load or two, it would start looking a lot more like all the old gamers out there.

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy to add this 1985 road Jets "Ducky" to the collection -

2449312160105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2950746220105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2419769150105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Just inquired of Game Day Sports Archives if he could do two Rangers nameplates. He responded that he does not do Rangers nameplates. I suspect that between the "Drop Shadow" and the "arch", these would be among the most difficult to produce. Any suggestions on where else to go for modern Rangers nameplates?

Sick! :thumbsup:

Slim that is fantastic. Nice work. I need that same nameplate material in white.

Just inquired of Game Day Sports Archives if he could do two Rangers nameplates. He responded that he does not do Rangers nameplates. I suspect that between the "Drop Shadow" and the "arch", these would be among the most difficult to produce. Any suggestions on where else to go for modern Rangers nameplates?

Gerry Cosby would be your best bet.

Personally, I think Cosby is overpriced, and unless they send the jersey out, they currently only have home blue edge material for nameplates. The white and 3rd jersey colors aren't edge material. I'd probably go with EPS.

Wow, amazing job all around on the Jets. That is what detail is all about. Might be your finest work yet.

91/92 Kelly Hrudey - 25th anniversary patch and 75th anniversary patch, both patches are replicas. I did my best to find authentic but no luck.

Did Truman do the entire Hrudey kit or just parts of it? I like the letters but I thought his '91-92 kits looked different than that.

IMG_1407.jpg

Should've had the Hrudey fixed up a bit, the rear 3 and sleeve 2s are a bit off

hrudey-b.jpg

LAK74-

Did Truman do the entire Hrudey kit or just parts of it? I like the letters but I thought his '91-92 kits looked different than that.

Only the name, the numbers were already on the jersey and it had an incorrect font and it was on a nameplate.

brandon-

Should've had the Hrudey fixed up a bit, the rear 3 and sleeve 2s are a bit off

Well I'am going to change the sleeve numbers and the back numbers out anyways they look worn out so i'll make sure I get the right cut.

Just got this in authentic edge 2.0. My dad had gotten the blank back before the Phantoms left Philly but it had been sitting in her his closet since then. I bought it off him and got it customized with Giroux. He even had the commemorative Spectrum patch they wore that year and I've got that put on here as well.

2012-03-20_22-02-58_305.jpg

2012-03-20_22-03-51_405.jpg

Nice Phantom Giroux! But you had to pay your dad? Why didn't you just ask for it?

Nice Phantom Giroux! But you had to pay your dad? Why didn't you just ask for it?

Sounds like dad may have needed money to pay off a surgery bill. :lol:

My dad had gotten the blank back before the Phantoms left Philly but it had been sitting in her closet since then.

(a typo I'm sure, just couldn't resist the joke)

thanks. Edit has been made. I did ask for it, but he kinda wanted to keep it so I offered him $50 for it which was fine by me.

Just got this from MeiGray today. My 3 year old daughter told me I need a purple hockey shirt. Shows no signs of wear at all, inside or out. I was hoping it would be kinda beat up. For $50 I can't complain though and it's number 13 which is my favorite number. Another team crossed of my practice jersey list.

2620810320107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2013739000107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

Love the Blues Hull jersey. That's really nice. Just met him a couple weeks back, super nice guy.