New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

1997-98 Canucks authentic sz 48. Still deciding who to put on it.

Your jersey would look good like this.

2151320660107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, an amazing collection you have. Thanks for sharing your collection.

That's a shame you plan on selling it all but I am certain you will make a whole lot of money on those... very impressive indeed

Edit: and if that is what you are selling, what you are keeping must be insane!

Well the time has come to say goodbye to half my collection, i was in the process of getting all my jerseys on my photo bucket( i am missing 7 or 8 on photbucket) but i realized that i had a lot of money invested in my collection and it was time to put it in other places.

My collection has been under wraps for the better part of 10 years except for my acquisitions of the last 3 years which i posted on this board. I love the hobby and will continue to be involved but i have decided to keep 10 jerseys and consign the other 20 to classic auctions. i will bring my jerseys to classic today so i thought i would share my unfinished photo bucket which i had previously not allowed many to see because of fear of getting harassed to sell.

a difficult day for me but one i knew would eventually happen

http://photobucket.com/Georges-collection

Password moneyballs1

in 24 hours i will change the password

Some unreal stuff there. You could buy Greece in their condition with that game worn Wild Wing!

That's a shame you plan on selling it all but I am certain you will make a whole lot of money on those... very impressive indeed

Edit: and if that is what you are selling, what you are keeping must be insane!

Theres a few vintage Habs not on there a 77 lafleur cup and a early Dryden , I will also be keeping the Roys,Mats Naslund, the burger king , The Roenick,Selanne wild wingThe Bourque cup and the Canada cup.

Well the time has come to say goodbye to half my collection, i was in the process of getting all my jerseys on my photo bucket( i am missing 7 or 8 on photbucket) but i realized that i had a lot of money invested in my collection and it was time to put it in other places.

My collection has been under wraps for the better part of 10 years except for my acquisitions of the last 3 years which i posted on this board. I love the hobby and will continue to be involved but i have decided to keep 10 jerseys and consign the other 20 to classic auctions. i will bring my jerseys to classic today so i thought i would share my unfinished photo bucket which i had previously not allowed many to see because of fear of getting harassed to sell.

a difficult day for me but one i knew would eventually happen

http://photobucket.com/Georges-collection

Password moneyballs1

in 24 hours i will change the password

Wow dude that's sucks it sucks to see you have to do that. Now the jersey you just posted on Photobucket, are you keeping those?

It was a tough decision but ultimately i think its time to allow others to enjoy in those jerseys. Thank you all for the compliments .

Thanks for the kind words

I was not forced to sell , The value of those jerseys has swelled to 10 times what i paid in essence it was time for me to cash out, ill be keeping 10 of my favs. I have to say the current state of the hobby turned me off a little as you all know i have been vocal on protecting jerseys and their history ( i don't wish to rehash the issue). I felt i am part of a dying breed who collected with regards of preservation of hockey history. I felt my time was done in being a active collector . I will keep my 10 favourites and have fond memories of how and when i obtained them. All those jerseys have great stories on and off the ice , i am sure they will find good homes and i will be more than happy to make some money as well

Theres a few vintage Habs not on there a 77 lafleur cup and a early Dryden , I will also be keeping the Roys,Mats Naslund, the burger king , The Roenick,Selanne wild wingThe Bourque cup and the Canada cup.

I did not even see the Burger King, who do you have?

i have about 7-10 jerseys not pictured i used to own The Kevin Todd i still have Gary Shuchcuk i plan on keeping it for now it is so unique

i have about 7-10 jerseys not pictured i used to own The Kevin Todd i still have Gary Shuchcuk i plan on keeping it for now it is so unique

Cool I have Shuchcuks and Kevin Todds regular season gamers for the 1995/1996 season. I just have to make time to put them up.

Can you please extend the viewing hours just a bit longer today? I missed out on looking at your collection yesterday because of work. Would love to see the game worn Wild Wing as I've only seen pictures of only the Kariya. Must be hard to part with so many great jerseys but I'm sure the money you make off of them will be put to good use and hopefully the jerseys will go to good homes. I'll be getting married this month so my jersey collecting will take a back seat to house buying and getting my fiancee through grad school. I'll probably shift my focus to learning how to use a sewing machine and customizing all the jerseys I've collected the past four years.

I'll probably shift my focus to learning how to use a sewing machine and customizing all the jerseys I've collected the past four years.

I was just thinking about that but I don't know what machine to get. Can you images how much money you can save by doing it yourself?

I was just thinking about that but I don't know what machine to get. Can you images how much money you can save by doing it yourself?

Yup, I really want to learn to do small stuff like attaching patches at first but when I get really confident in my abilities, then I will plan to buy pre-made kits to attach to my jerseys. Maybe Mike can recommend a sewing machine?

I received a game issued jersey and discovered one of the sleeve numbers was not sewn down around the outer outline. Got out my wife’s home sewing machine and did it myself. First, though, I sewed for a while on a couple thickness of bond paper to get the stitch length and throw (zig-zag; side to side) to match all the other sewing on the jersey.

I worked in the apparel assembly industry for many years, so have a bit of experience in all this. Don’t want you to think I just sat down and started sewing away on a jersey. Yikes!

You can get started with a simple machine that has, as a minimum, a straight-line lockstitch (needle thread and bobbin thread) and a zig-zag stitch. Each machine will allow you to adjust the stitch count (stitches per inch) and also the throw of the zig-zag. For sewing on numbers, letters, and nameplates, you would use the zig-zag heavily. The lockstitch might be used for general sewing and patches, though some patches would also be sewn on with zig-zag.

The construction of the jerseys, themselves, use a lot of overedge (serge) and coverstitch. There are home machines that do the former, but probably not necessary to get one of those. As far as I know, coverstitch is limited to industrial machines.

Good luck!

Anyway, you can extend the viewing hours just a bit longer today? I missed out on looking at your collection yesterday because of work. Would love to see the game worn Wild Wing as I've only seen pictures of only the Kariya. Must be hard to part with so many great jerseys but I'm sure the money you make off of them will be put to good use and hopefully the jerseys will go to good homes. I'll be getting married this month so my jersey collecting will take a back seat to house buying and getting my fiancee through grad school. I'll probably shift my focus to learning how to use a sewing machine and customizing all the jerseys I've collected the past four years.

I'd love to see the jerseys too... the password isn't working for me right now.

Not really NHL..kind of pre-NHL for us folks in Ohio

1997-98 Columbus Chill Colin Muldoon Road Jersey - he played for 3 teams that season, 20 games with the Chill. There are obvious signs that this was recycled from another jersey. First, it's very well worn, probably more like 100 games than 20. There is also glue residue indicating a number switch. I had a grey Chill jersey that I actually decided to move because it really wasn't something I was as into as I thought I would be. This, on the other hand, is something I really dig.

7042565679_2d264154aa.jpg

6896470146_aa55de3317.jpg

7042567341_590a0d7cf7_m.jpg

Love the Chill jersey. Went to many games at the Chiller in Columbus, especially enjoyed watching them play the Dayton Bombers.

I went nuts this weekend and picked up a Holy Grail of mine, one that I've wanted for about 25 years, a game worn Minnesota Fighting Saints WHA jersey.

It's got some spots and some holes in it as well as some missing threads in the front logo, such as the white detail in the Little Saint's left glove, so it's seen some use in it's day.

It also shows evidence of a previous longer nameplate, which indicates that this would have been worn by Gary Gambucci in 1974-75 and was previously worn by Bob MacMillan in 1973-74. It's a dureen jersey and actually fits me perfectly, which means it's rather large for that period of time being a size 48. This is a jersey I would have watched in person at the time, which is pretty exciting. The seller has photo matched it and I just need to arrange getting the picture from him.

I may yet get some really exciting jerseys in my life, but I don't think anything will top this one for me.

2849824050100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2662044020100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Grats Jeff - awesome to see some one with such an all-encompassing collection still able to find a grail.

That would have to be your all time grail considering your Avatar for the last 3 years or so! :)

Grats man!