2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No amount of washing can get the stench out of the Flyers logo.

Yes the sweet smell of glory as far as your smart Arse comments as you do very well you can keep them to your self thanks

So the alumni jerseys are up for auction. Is this an Indoedge???

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=173247734&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=173594444

I may be on crack. Someone needs to clam me down.

I would die to get LeClair. Seriously, is this a 2.0 or an Indo? I can't freakin' tell :/

No matter what they are they are ,its just about having one with the #10 on the arm patch and what the game meant to some of the greats

No matter what they are they are ,its just about having one with the #10 on the arm patch and what the game meant to some of the greats

Haha no I want one regardless, I'm just curious to see if they made them wear Indos.

I would say 2.0 after watching the alumni game replay on tv and seeing tons of close ups.

I would say 2.0 after watching the alumni game replay on tv and seeing tons of close ups.

Did you look at my link?

Haha no I want one regardless, I'm just curious to see if they made them wear Indos.

I know I would love to just dawn one of those beauties and if they were 2.0s thats even better . I have to look for some of the mor eout of shape boys that way they will be weraing a size 56 or 58 the RAT would be mor of a small 52 with the smell of chesse

Yes. On the close up of the memorial #10 on the sleeve that is clearly airknit. Also, the rear edge stretch material is present. I do not think the indo edges have that material.

Makes sense, thanks. Wasn't trying to be argumentative just wanted to make sure you saw the link.

Hatcher is a 58+. Definately a 2.0 size.

A couple of these actually have a little wear!!!

Why is there only one Ranger jersey in the auction?

This is a bad time for me to be quitting my job. I hope I can get one of those at a reasonable price. Would love to get Roenick but my gut says no chance.

I am suprised at that Steiners has the rights to the Rangers go on there web site

My understanding has always been that the Winter Classic, like the ASG, is an NHL event not a team event, meaning the jerseys are handled by MeiGray. I was actually surprised when I found out Stiener is getting one set.

I assume the break down is that one set goes to the NHL/MeiGray for auction, one set goes to the team to be sold (Stiener for the Rangers), and one set goes to the players themselves. I think that's how someone once said previous Winter Classic jerseys were doled out.

I actually thought to myself during the game that the reason Jagr came back in the 3rd to sit on the bench was so they could say his 3rd period jersey was still "game worn".

My understanding has always been that the Winter Classic, like the ASG, is an NHL event not a team event, meaning the jerseys are handled by MeiGray. I was actually surprised when I found out Stiener is getting one set.

I assume the break down is that one set goes to the NHL/MeiGray for auction, one set goes to the team to be sold (Stiener for the Rangers), and one set goes to the players themselves. I think that's how someone once said previous Winter Classic jerseys were doled out.

I actually thought to myself during the game that the reason Jagr came back in the 3rd to sit on the bench was so they could say his 3rd period jersey was still "game worn".

They wore 4 sets of jerseys.

There is a warm-up set that went to the NHLPA.

1st period set goes to NHL Auctions.

2nd period set goes to the teams (Flyers/MGG, Rangers/Steiner).

3rd period set goes to the players themselves.

So it's only fitting that Jagr gets to keep the jersey that he wore while he sat on the bench and did nothing.

So it's only fitting that Jagr gets to keep the jersey that he wore while he sat on the bench and did nothing.

Ouch. If you don't mind my asking, why all the hate for Jagr?

Yeh that's what I thought (though I forgot about the warm-ups).

I believe all of the jerseys are MeiGray tagged/indexed regardless of where they end up, if things hold true from previous years.

Can't we all just get along?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=8489560

What is the story there? Sore losers?