2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stinks. Where are the Rangers jerseys for sale?

I would like to know the whole story. 4 ranger fans circled me after an Isles game just taunting me. I have only seen ranger fans and flyers fans fight someone when they were outnumbered. I could easily have seen the ranger fan saying something to the Flyers fans. Ranger fans are sore winners.

I would like to know the whole story. 4 ranger fans circled me after an Isles game just taunting me. I have only seen ranger fans and flyers fans fight someone when they were outnumbered. I could easily have seen the ranger fan saying something to the Flyers fans. Ranger fans are sore winners.

I love generalizations.

I suggest nothing is always any one way.

It is unclear, but probably started with some jeering, then who knows what caused the first punch to be thrown. Callahan jerz got cold cocked though and went to the hospital. That was definitely a cheap shot that dropped him.

I always enjoy a little ribbing with the opposing teams fans, but only butt-hats take things to the next level.

I didn't see any of the Rangers jerseys for sale/auction yet, and didn't see where it was announced that they would be sold at those different places. Where did you find that?

All of the previous WC jerseys were listed in the MeiGray population reports for those years as being distributed in that fashion, regardless who normally sells their gamers. The Pens aren't part of the MGG program, but all their WC jerseys had MGG numbers.

(credit to JagrSuperFan68 Guam64 for reminding me to look back at the population reports)

Ouch. If you don't mind my asking, why all the hate for Jagr?

Shhhh! Don't ask him that. Dude, Jagr stole his girl like 10 years ago and he still isn't over it. It was real messy. Man, didn't you see that episode on "cheaters"? The police came and Roger Lodge got knocked to the ground and the ex-girlfriends wig came flying off....

Just kiddin'

Why do you hate Jagr so much? He played for the Caps.

I didn't see any of the Rangers jerseys for sale/auction yet, and didn't see where it was announced that they would be sold at those different places. Where did you find that?

Barry Meisel posted it on gameworn.net.

There is a big mess with the Steiner lottery over the rights to buy the 2nd period jerseys.

If you buy a Customized Authentic Flyers Winter classic jersey on Shop.nhl, are they identical to the game worn ones? I know they are 2.0 jerseys for sure. WIll the numbers and nameplate, stitching all be the same as well?

Can't we all just get along?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=8489560

Just saw on the news, guy in the Callahan jersey is an off duty cop from Woodbridge NJ. Those Flyers fans are so screwed.

Serves them right. They need to go to jail with those Dodger fans that beat the Giant fan up.

Serves them right. They need to go to jail with those Dodger fans that beat the Giant fan up.

Not that I'm advocating this sort of behaviour but considering you called someone out for making a generalization, you definitely shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

Unless you were there, you have no clue what went on or what provoked the fight.

Not that I'm advocating this sort of behaviour but considering you called someone out for making a generalization, you definitely shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

Unless you were there, you have no clue what went on or what provoked the fight.

It shows very clearly numerous people beating a single person down and continued doing it when he was on the ground. I'd say they need to go to jail if they were Ranger fans.

I did not say all Flyers fans need to go to jail, so I fail to see where I made any generalization.

It shows very clearly numerous people beating a single person down and continued doing it when he was on the ground. I'd say they need to go to jail if they were Ranger fans.

I did not say all Flyers fans need to go to jail, so I fail to see where I made any generalization.

You didn't make any generalizations, nor did I accuse you of such. You simply jumped to conclusions. It's always easy to jump to conclusions when all you have is one source to show 40 seconds of an entire encounter. Like I said, unless you were there and witnessed the entire situation, no one is more guilty of anything than another person. It's entirely possible that a group of Rangers fans (including the dude in the Callahan jersey) did the same thing just before to a Flyers fan.

One 40 second clip doesn't tell an entire story. Again, Im not advocating this, but your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what went on before this.

Sounds like you are jumping to the conclusion you like.

Bottom line if a mob beats a man after he is down regardless of what happened prior to that they deserve to go to jail, all of them.

I know I'm late, but congrats to Rangers fans.. I watched the game from section 142, completely surrounded by Ranger fans. All of them were really cool people though, had a great time.

Regardless of what provoked the fight, they assaulted a cop. I don't know if he identified himself (probably not, since he was off duty and out of his jurisdiction) but that doesn't excuse a mob of people pounding on a guy. The Flyers fan clearly threw the first punch. Whether the guy identified himself as a cop or not, just another example of why you don't throw punches. You never know if you're picking a fight with a cop.

Sounds like you are jumping to the conclusion you like.

Bottom line if a mob beats a man after he is down regardless of what happened prior to that they deserve to go to jail, all of them.

I appreciate Orangecrush for getting my back.

You are making a generalization...I never made a generalization. What I presented can be deemed true as a fact. I was going to let your comment go. But, why not. I'll respond. I have never seen a ranger fan fight man to man. I have seen a group of ranger fans throw an Isles fan down a flight of steps. If thats not good enough for you, I was approached and harassed by a group of 4 ranger fans when I was getting something out of my car trunk following a ranger victory at the Coliseum. I heard a ranger fan admit that he punched an Islander fan (not wanting to fight) for saying his (fake) Gaborik jersey sucked (which it does for being fake and a ranger jersey).

This (violence at sporting events) happens all of the time...its unfortunate it happens frequently, but thats what happens when you are potentially dealing with pissed off drunk people. For all we know the ranger fan could have made a threat against the Flyers fan. I was not making any generalization in my post. I said (give or take a couple of words, but the meaning is still the same) "I would like to know what happened/what was said to lead up to the action (fight)".

Fact- Ranger fans are sore-winners.

Not once did I say it was okay to knock him out. It was a cheap shot. The Flyers fan(s) should go to jail, if convicted. He is innocent until proven guilty (innocent really isnt the correct word in criminal law. He is not guilty until proven guilty). But like I said, I want to know what the ranger fan said. How many times to you see 3 people beating up 1 person for no reason?

I dont care if he was a policeman or not, it's assault. They'll be spending some time in jail. After what's gone on in Cali the courts are gonna start cracking down on "fan behavior" and no better place to start than in Philadelphia. As a Flyers fan it embarassing.

I appreciate Orangecrush for getting my back.

You are making a generalization...I never made a generalization. What I presented can be deemed true as a fact. I was going to let your comment go. But, why not. I'll respond. I have never seen a ranger fan fight man to man. I have seen a group of ranger fans throw an Isles fan down a flight of steps. If thats not good enough for you, I was approached and harassed by a group of 4 ranger fans when I was getting something out of my car trunk following a ranger victory at the Coliseum. I heard a ranger fan admit that he punched an Islander fan (not wanting to fight) for saying his (fake) Gaborik jersey sucked (which it does for being fake and a ranger jersey).

This (violence at sporting events) happens all of the time...its unfortunate it happens frequently, but thats what happens when you are potentially dealing with pissed off drunk people. For all we know the ranger fan could have made a threat against the Flyers fan. I was not making any generalization in my post. I said (give or take a couple of words, but the meaning is still the same) "I would like to know what happened/what was said to lead up to the action (fight)".

Fact- Ranger fans are sore-winners.

Not once did I say it was okay to knock him out. It was a cheap shot. The Flyers fan(s) should go to jail, if convicted. He is innocent until proven guilty (innocent really isnt the correct word in criminal law. He is not guilty until proven guilty). But like I said, I want to know what the ranger fan said. How many times to you see 3 people beating up 1 person for no reason?

Obviously you don't know what generalization means. You made one. So you went from letting my comment go to writing a freaking novel?????

You have twice (above) and in the post I said it to "Ranger fans are sore winners"

THAT IS A GENERALIZATION.

I was at the game and as an impartial 3rd party both fans were rather obnoxious at the game. Ranger fan next to me was yelling let's go eagles in mocking fashion the whole game girl in front of me yelled at me as soon as she showed up at her seats even though I didnt say a word. I went with my 64 yr old father and the only stipulation I had to go was to wear a Rangers jersey (im an Islander fan dont hate me) We have been to various cities to watch games (Boston with Mets gear, sat in the blues at MSG in Isles garb, etc) but Philly is the only place I fear I will get beat up wearing an opponents jersey. After a Phillies/Mets game 2 20+ yr old guys were chasing my Dad down in the parking lot to start a fight. We sit at games with our gear on never stand up to cheer never shout out and Philly is the only place that the fans get extremely rowdy. In fact after the WC game I was walking down the sidewalk with my head down and a guy walking the opposite direction threw an elbow at me and kept walking. There is a line there and I know its a minority but I feel the minority is much higher in Philly then everywhere else. Sorry for my rant but I think the punishments should be extreme to deter this from happening, people are getting seriously injured now.