2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

All I can say is I'm glad the game was delayed so I could catch the last 10 minutes. Very entertaining.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I like the later start time too. It's just so friggin cool to see the game being played under the lights. I really hope that becomes the norm going forward because it's a great aspect of the game itself.

As an unbiased fan, hoping both teams lost, not wanting to see an OT:

-The call on Callahan was the correct call. He without a doubt sold that. If he didnt fall and continued moving forward, it would have been an awarded goal. But c'mon Cally, I expect that from the Pens, not you

-The Penalty shot call was from NBC. That was a great play by McDonagh.

There is only one way a Ranger fan can respond to an Islander fan:

O yea? Potvin sucks!

I seriously considered buying a package, but with travel and hotel this time of year (and having to board my dogs) I could not rationalize it.

Yeah, I like the later start time too. It's just so friggin cool to see the game being played under the lights. I really hope that becomes the norm going forward because it's a great aspect of the game itself.

I really hope Jagr getting injured becomes the norm going forward too because it was the best part of the game. Hell I don't care if it happens to him in the future watching from his couch.

There is only one way a Ranger fan can respond to an Islander fan:

O yea? Potvin's Cups!

Why are you ranger fans obsessed with Potvin's winning ways? I couldn't hear you over this

Islanders-PHOTO_display_image.jpg?1306696069

At least we agree on the Yanks. I wish they would get some ###### pitching.

Yes, the officiating was embarrassing in the third period. It was so slanted towards the Flyers, it wasn't even close. BUT, it doesn't matter now so it's not worth getting upset over.

Lol, I watched it with my gf and just said, "this is what happens when the NHL tells the refs to try to get this to OT if possible." I almost died when Timonen's neck hook was offset. I'd be pissed if it happened against the Flyers (which constantly happens), and I can admit when it's blatantly going in their favor.

So did anyone get a good look at the jerseys and decide the numbers were indeed felt? Looked it to me.

Oh, word on the street is that Jagr's calf tightened up after being speared there on his breakaway.

I saw a close up of Matt Read's jersey...definitely felt. I thought about pausing it and taking a picture, but chose not to do so. I have the game on DVR. If you want me to, I'll take a picture.

I saw a close up of Matt Read's jersey...definitely felt. I thought about pausing it and taking a picture, but chose not to do so. I have the game on DVR. If you want me to, I'll take a picture.

Unnecessary but appreciated. I trust you pal.

Unnecessary but appreciated. I trust you pal.

Thanks! No problem. Just remember that when I need a lawyer :thumbsup: . This is what I notice during games...jersey attributes. I cant even watch a game without going "oh, look at that whole in the jersey!" or "look at that black mark!".

Went to the game with my wife and had an absolutely fantastic time.

My buddy who we surprised with the tickets and jersey was smiling the whole time and seemed like it was a great day for him. We took a picture with the Harry Kalas statue completely decked out in our Flyers gear (and I actually made the front page of the Intelligencer putting my Flyers winter hat on the head of the statue).

All in all, I wish the Flyers won, but the experience of the day is priceless and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It's an amazing time.

I certainly wish the atmosphere was a bit more positive like the Philly-Boston game, where everyone was just enjoying the day. Too many nasty Rangers' and Flyers' fans going at each other for my liking. Just shut up and enjoy this (most likely) once in a lifetime experience. And for the love of God, have some respect if there are kids around. Overall, it wasn't too bad, but it was noticeable.

Great day. Great game. Great experience with my wife and friends. Memories to last a lifetime.

All in all, I wish the Flyers won

Not like the officials didn't give you every opportunity....:P

I missed Torts' post-game tirade about the officiating. The NY Daily News seems to think the Rangers will never play in another WC. Even Sather said it was a joke. First time in my life I actually agree with that mook.

Next year football stadium or GTFO that baseball set up is silly.

How about no fight either? When the rags were down 2-0 I though we might see something. Maybe even some "show" bad blood.

Hartnell talked a lot but still chooses his spots on guys to "get tough" with.

Ranking them 1-5

1. Buffalo-Pens

2. Flyers-Bruins

3. Hawks-Wings

4. Flyers-Gers

5. Caps-Pens

Are their any other team that will get a chance to host one of these games? I say no, because what's best for the NHL is to keep shoving the rangers or the teams with one or two superstars in our faces. Rivalries just don't seem to be allowed unless the media gets to fuel it up. Less fighting, less hitting and still yet fewer goals being scored. Water it down and soon it will become international hockey. Hooray!!!!