2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

FELT KITS FOR FLYERS WC JERSEY QUESTION

The Meigray Flyers Edge 2.0 gamers have 4.75" arm and 13" back numbers. All the customized WC jerseys I see (as well as the kits for sale on Ebay, etc.) have 4" arm and 12" back numbers.

Will the actual game jerseys used in the WC have the usual gamer number measurements or the "retail" smaller numbers?

This is a serious inquiry, so please no flaming.

Thanks,

MERCI,

PuckBoy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, did you hear who is singing the Anthem at the Winter Classic? "...continuing the "voice" of the Flyers"...Lauren Hart?? NOPE!!! Everyone's favorite hockey Fan.....

Patti Labelle???

Isn't this game spposed to be a tribute to the history of the game and teams involved? Not grammy awards...I'm dumbfounded by this choice and disrespect to the Flyers and Hart Family.

I like both of the jerseys for this year's WC. I didn't think I'd like the felt on the B's jersey from 2010, but it's pretty nice once you see it in person.

If you can be patient, I got an authentic B's WC jersey at a national clothing chain for $45 in November of 2010. It was real, had the tags on it from the Fenway Park store and everything. 10 months later, but hey, it was a good deal.

Mine finally arrived today. It's really nice but I wish I ordered a ###### 52 instead of the 54. Anyone want to trade?

Why is that are they bigger than expected

Not sure...but it's kind of a bummer. I was worried of getting a 54 since edge's are typically a little more snug, but these just have a bigger cut.

Not the edge 2 jerseys they have more room then the edge 1s

Sweet, NHL is sending me the 52, a label to send the 54 back, AND I don't have to send the 54 in order to trigger the 52. That ships as if it were a new order. I wonder how it would go if I forgot to send back the 54? :thumbsup:

Sweet, NHL is sending me the 52, a label to send the 54 back, AND I don't have to send the 54 in order to trigger the 52. That ships as if it were a new order. I wonder how it would go if I forgot to send back the 54? :thumbsup:

I'm guessing they're gonna charge you for the 52 and give you a refund on the 54 when they get it.

He specifically said I would not be charged. Not to mention I ordered it at a discounted price...

You won't get charged IF you return it. I don't see you winning if you keep both.

FELT KITS FOR FLYERS WC JERSEY QUESTION

The Meigray Flyers Edge 2.0 gamers have 4.75" arm and 13" back numbers. All the customized WC jerseys I see (as well as the kits for sale on Ebay, etc.) have 4" arm and 12" back numbers.

Will the actual game jerseys used in the WC have the usual gamer number measurements or the "retail" smaller numbers?

This is a serious inquiry, so please no flaming.

Thanks,

MERCI,

PuckBoy

Would it even be possible for us to get those exact kits for our customized jerseys anyway? Or would our only option be to just get a gamer?

You won't get charged IF you return it. I don't see you winning if you keep both.

Yea NHL.com will definitely charge you if you try to keep the jersey. Just because it's their error in sending it out even though you cancelled it doesn't mean you get to keep it free of charge lol.

SPIDER SENSE IS TINGLING . . .

Something tells me that the kit we have been seeing on Ebay and otherwise are NOT what the gamers are going to look like in terms of number font and nameplate fonts:

"The uniqueness of the Flyers' jersey comes in the darker orange -- taken from an old sock design -- and the use of Pennsylvania's traditional Keystone logo as part of the design of the captain's C and assistant captain's A's, as well as a special font and lettering for the names and numbers on the jersey."

As noted previously in this thread, the kits at retail have 4" arm numbers and 12" back numbers. The team-issued jerseys on MeiGray have 4.75" arm numbers and 13" back numbers.

SPIDER SENSE IS TINGLING . . .

Something tells me that the kit we have been seeing on Ebay and otherwise are NOT what the gamers are going to look like in terms of number font and nameplate fonts:

"The uniqueness of the Flyers' jersey comes in the darker orange -- taken from an old sock design -- and the use of Pennsylvania's traditional Keystone logo as part of the design of the captain's C and assistant captain's A's, as well as a special font and lettering for the names and numbers on the jersey."

As noted previously in this thread, the kits at retail have 4" arm numbers and 12" back numbers. The team-issued jerseys on MeiGray have 4.75" arm numbers and 13" back numbers.

Also, the "darker orange" thing seems to be elk malarky; the WC classic looks like it is the same shade of orange as the current home jersey.

"Alterations to Classic sweaters proving to be a hit"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=608580

I think that is the design that works best for most teams, taking elements of "classic" or retro uniforms and incorporating them with some modern elements. To date, all the teams that have participated in the WC - Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago, Washington, Philly, Boston, and NY Rangers - have some history, and are at least 40 years old. They had a variety of uniforms to pull from. From this I am interested to see what happens uniform wise when the NHL selects a team to play in the WC that does not have a long history, be it like Tampa Bay, Minnesota or Colorado (if the league ever chooses any of these 3).

From a merchandise standpoint, it's obvious that Rangers and Flyers WC jerseys were going to sell and produce big sales numbers. They are 2 pretty HUGE markets with a vast numbers of fans, so this is not a surprise to me.

Minnesota or Colorado

Well Colorado used to be the Nordiques and I would assume they still own the rights to those jerseys and the logos and whatnot, so I'm guessing we'd see some combination of Avalanche and Nordiques in a Winter Classic sweater. As far as the Wild, they'd probably do something to reference Minnesota's hockey history without directly referencing the Stars.

I don't think we'll ever see either team in a WC though, the markets aren't big enough.

Honestly, I could see the next one being in St. Louis. The Blues are a team on the rise right now and they have a very solid and passionate fanbase AND a brand new baseball park to play in too. They could bring in a traditional rival like the Blackhawks or the Red Wings OR they could go even further and bring a team like the Kings in to incorporate the west coast into the mix. Personally, I would LOVE to see the Blues host the game in the near future. That's just me being selfish though because I want them to bring back the light blue and yellow jerseys from the 70's and 80's.