2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

FYI - Just came out of a Modell's in Brooklyn, and they're selling Winter Classic replicas so I assume if that s***hole has them, other Modell's will have them. They're not like the other crappy replicas Modell's sells with subliminated lettering and numbers. These are actually accurate (mostly - the Richards jerseys they had didn't have the "A") but everything is felt and it's all stitched on.

200 bucks. I had a coupon for 20 bucks off and I was really tempted to buy one until I realized I'd have to put an "A" on and then it'd cost me just as much as I'd pay at MSG, but if you're looking for like Lundqvist or Dubinsky or Gaborik you could try Modell's and save a few bucks if you're in the NYC area.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI - Just came out of a Modell's in Brooklyn, and they're selling Winter Classic replicas so I assume if that s***hole has them, other Modell's will have them. They're not like the other crappy replicas Modell's sells with subliminated lettering and numbers. These are actually accurate (mostly - the Richards jerseys they had didn't have the "A") but everything is felt and it's all stitched on.

200 bucks. I had a coupon for 20 bucks off and I was really tempted to buy one until I realized I'd have to put an "A" on and then it'd cost me just as much as I'd pay at MSG, but if you're looking for like Lundqvist or Dubinsky or Gaborik you could try Modell's and save a few bucks if you're in the NYC area.

I've actually seen some Rangers replicas down here in Philly. They look really nice. The store I was in had Lundqvist and Richards jerseys for $209.00. I was tempted to pick one up but then I remembered the promise I made to myself in my teen years...NEVER to buy or own a Rangers jersey.

I've actually seen some Rangers replicas down here in Philly. They look really nice. The store I was in had Lundqvist and Richards jerseys for $209.00. I was tempted to pick one up but then I remembered the promise I made to myself in my teen years...NEVER to buy or own a Rangers jersey.

Yeah I didn't like them when they were unveiled but they grew on me and now I really want one. I'm not making the mistake I made last season though, which was pay full price for my Heritage jersey only to find out I could've gotten one for 60% off at the end of the season. This year I'm waiting.

I actually had a coupon for 33% off that was only good on Black Friday. If the jerseys had been available by then I definitely would've had one, "A" or not. $145 after tax for an otherwise accurate, completely sewn WC replica would've been worth it and I would've spent the 20 bucks to put the "A" on. Or I would've just bought a Dubinksy and not worried about it.

Those Modell's coupons wouldnt work with WC stuff anyways.....

Those Modell's coupons wouldnt work with WC stuff anyways.....

Sure they would. That 33% off coupon I had was for "any one regular priced fan gear item". Jerseys are fan gear and it doesn't say "excludes Winter Classic" so they'd have no choice but to honor it. The $20 off coupon I have that expires tomorrow has a list of exclusions and the only thing that's relevant to me is that it excludes MLB jerseys. Says nothing about NHL jerseys or WC merch.

I have got a few of those coupons throughout december and they all included not valid on Winter classic merchandise. Maybe that black friday sale was an exclusion (if they were out then) but what i have seen they wouldnt had worked.

Modells and the like will not have Alternate captains on them as it's not in their contract, only players with the C will have the letter on the jerseys unless you buy them from the arena directly and they have them customized.

Which one of you brats is outbidding me on the Giroux kit?

Me. Just so I can poop on it. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Lol, I wish it was you, you could just keep it and put it on my jersey for me!

Lol, I wish it was you, you could just keep it and put it on my jersey for me!

Not until I get my Rangers stuff back! You Flyers fans are second-rate citizens around here :P:thumbsup:

Do we have any idea if the replica kit will differ from the authentic kit? Have these differed on other jerseys in the past? And why bid on a kit for those that can make their way to VSZ, for example, where we know that we are getting it done right? Just curious. Thanks.

Edited by s3x

Do we have any idea if the replica kit will differ from the authentic kit? Have these differed on other jerseys in the past? And why bid on a kit for those that can make their way to Philly Express, for example, where we know that we are getting it done right? Just curious. Thanks.

The Rangers kits are all felt, replica or otherwise. I've seen them in person at the team store and Modell's. 100% two layer stitched felt for the numbers, and single layer stitched felt for the lettering.

Man, $60 for the Giroux kit. Yikes.

Yea, it's hilarious because it went off for $50 last time with no bids. Whatevs, I'll go to Skate Zone and pay $40 for one lol.

Yea, it's hilarious because it went off for $50 last time with no bids. Whatevs, I'll go to Skate Zone and pay $40 for one lol.

Or wait until after the game when the replicas cost $15 (hey, there might be customized replicas!) and strip those for the kit! ZOMG!!!! :o

Hey guys -- quick opinion question.

I have a 50 and a 52 Winter Classic Authentic. I plan on wearing the jersey blank to the Classic/skating session/alumni game for some photo memories... and then getting it customized with Giroux, signed/inscribed, and framed for my wall.

So, the 50 fits me pretty much perfectly and the 52 is a little big (originally thought the 50 was small but I was wrong - it's a perfect fit). Now, Giroux wears a 52 (which would make it the equivalent of a Team-Issued jersey, essentially identical to the jersey Giroux wears in the game).

Which would you keep to wear and frame?

Thanks.

And Merry Christmas to all!

Edited by s3x

Hey guys -- quick opinion question.

I have a 50 and a 52 Winter Classic Authentic. I plan on wearing the jersey blank to the Classic/skating session/alumni game for some photo memories... and then getting it customized with Giroux, signed/inscribed, and framed for my wall.

So, the 50 fits me pretty much perfectly and the 52 is a little big (originally thought the 50 was small but I was wrong - it's a perfect fit). Now, Giroux wears a 52 (which would make it the equivalent of a Team-Issued jersey, essentially identical to the jersey Giroux wears in the game).

Which would you keep to wear and frame?

Thanks.

And Merry Christmas to all!

I would keep the one that fits better and have the ither one signed

Just a side note he will be doing a sit down show here in Toronto in March with 4 other flyers Jagr is one of them

Thanks Cowboys. I guess I should have mentioned that I intend on returning one of them, haha.

Oh I would like to get one to ware and one to get autographed I am looking to get Jagr done up and siged I do not care the size

If anyone has one that there are returning pm me and we can work something out