2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

When will the authentics be showing up in Ross, Tjmaxx, Marshalls?

I would be shocked if authentics do. Probably just replicas.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They use them for certain kits not the WC felt ones.

A question for those members who ordered the Flyers Winter Classic Jersey from shop.nhl.com and received the "you can expect to receive your item(s) between 1/4 and 1/12" email. Have you gotten your jerseys/an email update cofirming shipment yet? I have not. Not a word since dec. 21st when we all got the "between 1/4 and 1/12" update.

Granted, I had mine customized through shop.nhl (50% off deal was the only reason I did that. At this point, I wish I had gotten it blank and taken it to PE) so I know it takes longer for customized merchandize. But I ordered the ###### thing on Black Friday!!! I didn't even think I was going to get it by x-mas, but was hoping (and quite frankly, expecting) to have it by the Classic, and now its the 10th of January and here I sit looking at the same track order message on shop.nhl telling me the item is located in stock and should expect to receive my item between 1/4 and 1/12.

I called this past Saturday to find out the status of my order, and the lady I spoke to told me the exact same info that I already know and have known for three weeks. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was told that there was no supervisor working that day I could talk to. She then told me that a supervisor would call me "first thing" Monday. No call today. I will be calling tomorrow to get to the bottom of this and find out exactly what the hold-up is.

To top it all off, when I ordered the jersey on Black Friday, I was still under the impression that Pronger would be coming back to the lineup at some point, and therefore Claude Giroux (whose name/number I am putting on the jersey) would not be wearing the A for the Classic. So I had my customization done without the A and can't change the order to include it! Now I get an unfinished jersey, in probably another week or so (if not later), just to send it over to the skate zone to ship out to PE for another week to get the finishing touches done. After this experience, I will NEVER buy another thing from the nhl shop! I've had enough bad experiences with other sites and sellers, I figured the official NHL merchandise shop would be a sure shot. Apparently not. ARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

I apologize for my novel-like rants. I will try and be less wordy with my posts in the future (gotta get my jersey pics up on the site as well, not many, but was hoping to do that with my new Winter Classic Giroux as well). Any info/suggestions about the above situation you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

I know a few of us got the same expected delivery date and wound up getting our jerseys at the end of Dec. Mine was blank though. The customization may be holding it up. Speak to a supervisor and tell them your not happy and maybe they will discount the order.

As far as the "A" goes, I know Stitches had the "A" for sale on ebay separately and as long as the dimensions are correct (I have heard that the captains letters were sold in two different sizes) you could order one, place it on the jersey in the correct location, and have a local embroidery place sew it on to speed things up. Best bet may be to take the jersey to the Skatezone like you said and get it done there. At least that way you know you will be getting the right thing and at this point, what is another 10 days.

I am still waiting on 2 customized jerseys from GSI (1 NHL.com 1 Modells) that are supposed to be delivered tomorrow (still have not shipped). Also waiting for the other half of my Isles glitch order

edit:

Thank you for placing your recent order with us.

We wanted to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for

this delay.

At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. If you choose to wait for the item to ship, you do not need to contact us,

and we will continue to process and ship your order as soon as we can. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the

item until the order is shipped.

Hey guys, two questions:

1) I am not the most technologically competent person, and I have my WC Giroux jersey pictures on my computer, but don't know how to get them from my PC to this post. Can anyone step-by-step me through this?

That way I can show everyone why they should NEVER have a jersey customized through shop.nhl.com (like you all didn't know that already!!! Boy am I an idiot when it comes to jersey shopping!)

Which leads me to question 2...

2) Those who have had customizations done through the skate zone, does philly express also strip the jersey in addition to customizing?

I can't even begin to describe how bad this thing looks. The Nameplate is NOT felt, and the letters are. So the felt letters have matted and bled into the nylon nameplate. Looks so sloppy. I'm also pretty sure the numbers are the wrong size. Not sure if there were two different sets for the authentic and the replica models, but it seems that way when I compared the schenn GW to my Giroux retail authentic. They messed up the stitching on the inside of the bottom of the "8" and in general (the arm numbers especially) look fatter and shorter than the ones I saw in pictures from the WC game.

Sucks, but I was gonna have to send it in for the "A" anyway. Just gonna be a lot longer now to have the whole thing re-done. Oh well, look forward to hearing from you guys about this, hopefully I can get these pics up soon to show you what I mean. This forum is awesome. You guys are so mindful of the details in jerseys and I enjoy the feedback that is given back and forth to ensure that we help each other reach our ultimate goal of jersey excellence!

I am pretty steamed. I have a edge authentic flyers WC in a size 54 that was supposed to be exchanged with NHL for a 52. I called a number of times and the confirmed that the item was in stock and they would sent out the replacement.

I got an email yesterday saying it is out of stock and they cannot fulfill my exchange but offere 20% something else. I don't want something else, I want a ###### size 52.

Does anyone have a 52 they would like to exchange for a 54?

1) I am not the most technologically competent person, and I have my WC Giroux jersey pictures on my computer, but don't know how to get them from my PC to this post. Can anyone step-by-step me through this?

You need a Photobucket account. Upload the pictures to Photobucket, then roll your mouse over each picture and copy the link next to "IMG Code". Paste that code into a post here.

Flyguyfan,

Did they heatpress everything to the jersey before they sewed it on? If not, there are some helpful threads here on stripping the jersey yourself which will save you some cash. From the inside of the jersey, try to pull the airknit or edge material away from the nameplate and numbers. If you can, it will strip easily. If the numbers were applied with a glue backing best to send it somewhere to be stripped or ask someone on here who has srtipped jerseys succesfully. I know Slimcutta is an awesome jersey stripper. No... not at the Bada Bing! Lol.

Also,

Call NHL.com and complain. The squeaky wheel effect. They will discount the purchase price in most cases if you are not satisfied.

I'm considering grabbing another Rangers Winter Classic 2.0. If I get a size 50, does anyone have a size 52 that they would trade with me? I can live with the 50 if I have to but the 52 would be ideal.

If you are still looking for a 52, looks like these guys still have them in stock (50 & 52)

http://www.stadiumclassics.com/prod/3363-New-York-Rangers-Winter-Classic-2012-Authentic-7331A-Jersey-.html

If you are still looking for a 52, looks like these guys still have them in stock (50 & 52)

http://www.stadiumclassics.com/prod/3363-New-York-Rangers-Winter-Classic-2012-Authentic-7331A-Jersey-.html

Thanks for the link, it's good to see someone still has them even though I still need a 56 or larger (hopefully a 60). I'm sure someone here will snap up those 50's and 52's.

Hi. I discovered this board 2 months ago and lurked on here because I bought a Flyers Edge 2.0 Winter Classic jersey from NHL.com in November and wanted to find out details on where to get the name and number customized. I bought the jersey blank because I knew from friends that NHL.com does a really bad job with customizing. I found out that the Flyers send their on ice jerseys to Philly Express and I can send it to them through any Flyers Skate Zone.

My question is how much should I have been charged by the Flyers Skate Zone for this? I went to a Flyers Skate Zone (I won't say which one because I don't want to get someone in trouble) to get it customized. I heard it should be $70 but I was charged $60. I think the person at the Skate Zone cut me a break after seeing it was an authentic Flyers Winter Classic jersey. The person made sure to write on the order slip to Philly Express that it was an authentic winter classic jersey along with the name and number I wanted on the jersey. The person also put tags on the jerseys that stated it was authentic and what name and number to put on there.

The price threw me off but the name and number I am getting customized on this jersey should be exactly what was worn by the Flyers on 1/2, right?

Thanks

$60.00 is the correct price. It should come back identical to the on ice jersey worn during the WC.

That sounds like a good deal, considering the kit itself costs 55 dollars on ebay. Once I get my whole jersey debacle straightened out I plan on going through skatezone as well. What do you mean by a tag, something sewn like it is 'on-ice' authentic, or just for clarification purposes for identification like at a dry cleaner?

They have a sheet that goes with the jerseys. It is just a second tag that they put on the jersey. Not sewn or anything like that.

Yea that's the price. No special "$10 off for buying an authentic jersey" price as far as I know. Mine cost $60 as well and they were replicas.

However, I hope you went to the Northeast Skatezone as I don't think every Skatezone sends to Philly Express.

Yea that's the price. No special "$10 off for buying an authentic jersey" price as far as I know. Mine cost $60 as well and they were replicas.

However, I hope you went to the Northeast Skatezone as I don't think every Skatezone sends to Philly Express.

I was under the impression they all did. That's what Brian told me at the NEast one, at least. He was the trailblazer but they all followed suit around the 2010 SCF.

He wore a 56 during the WC. The nameplate took up most of the rear edge material leaving only about 2" to the seam on both sides. So with a 50 you would think it may overlap the rear seams a bit. Not sure though.

What is the seam to seam measurement on your size 50 where the nameplate would go?

I was under the impression they all did. That's what Brian told me at the NEast one, at least. He was the trailblazer but they all followed suit around the 2010 SCF.

Ah ok that would make sense then. I had last seen jerseys at one in NJ that definitely hadn't been sent there right before the 2010 Finals. Good that they're all using it now.