2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

According to the Rangers beat writers on Twitter, the Rangers goalies are practicing in their Winter Classic gear, which means that the Rangers and Flyers might be wearing the Winter Classic jerseys on Sunday.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Rangers beat writers on Twitter, the Rangers goalies are practicing in their Winter Classic gear, which means that the Rangers and Flyers might be wearing the Winter Classic jerseys on Sunday.

That'd be awesome. Though I shutter to think what Steiner will charge for those if they even make them available.

I could see the Rangers wearing the set at home but why would the Flyers wear theirs at the Garden? I'd assume they would wear their orange home jerseys instead. Just like the Bruins did a few years back when they wore the gold ones.

The rangers wore 3 sets today? Ya sure about that?

No I was just saying the price that was paid on line auctionsa and thru stieners the price was out of reach so they would try it again

Am I the only one who thought the "you can't beat us" chants were epic?

It would have been better if they added "with Bryzgalov" at the end.

Yet another game where our $51 million man was simply out played leading to another loss.

Am I the only one who thought the "you can't beat us" chants were epic?

Every team does that though. On a side note, WTF Flyers? Beat the ###### rangers. Is that too much to ask? I cant wait to beat you on Tuesday.

Super Bowl champions.

Meh, I'm a Saints fan. Two good things about the Giants winning - Boston doesn't get another championship, and my professor is going to cancel class on Tuesday so he can go to the parade.

Rangers are wereing the WC jersey Steiners must smell blood there will be three more sets available buy next week

It looks like they simply recycled the 2nd period set. On some photos from yesterday's game against the Flyers you can see residue/loose threads where the WC patches were removed from the shoulders.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/ruslan-fedotenko-of-the-new-york-rangers-faces-off-against-news-photo/138316483

It looks like they simply recycled the 2nd period set. On some photos from yesterday's game against the Flyers you can see residue/loose threads where the WC patches were removed from the shoulders.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/ruslan-fedotenko-of-the-new-york-rangers-faces-off-against-news-photo/138316483

Then it has to be the warmup or 3rd period set, because 1st period set was in the auction and 2nd period set sold trou

gh steiner.

Warmups would make the most sense because there would be absolutely no wear on those. I'm actually STUNNED that they reused jerseys. I figured Steiner would have trotted out a couple more sets and slapped a $1,000 price tag on each one just for the hell of it.

And to make things more complicated . . . .

it seems the crests are twill material rather than felt. Look at the King Henry photos from that game where he has water soaked the crest. Twill, not felt.

And to make things more complicated . . . .

it seems the crests are twill material rather than felt. Look at the King Henry photos from that game where he has water soaked the crest. Twill, not felt.

Well which is it?

First you say they recycled the 2nd period set and removed the patches (impossible since those jerseys have already been sold by Steiner). Now you claim the crests are twill.

We demand answers!

I wondered before if this PUCKBOY33 is just talking out of his arse. Now my doubts are CONFIRMED.

/puckboy impersonation

I hate to say it, but I actually think he might be right. Those crests don't look like felt, and I thought something about the numbers looked off the other day. Maybe it was cheaper to do another set with twill?

I was told they were the players' jerseys from the third period, with tape over the shoulder patch. It was Steiner who told me that, so take it as you'd like, but I figured I'd share what I heard.