DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had it on my watch list. Why I let it pass I'll never know.

Ditto, but I let it pass...if it were a 92 or earlier, heartbeat, but '93 and up? Meh...

I can't live this lie anymore!

I won it!

Muahahahahah

Not really, that thing is a mess. The customization is from the 92-97 era and was changed when the Leafs went to Nike starting in 97-98. It would have to be stripped and re-done. Also it looks like the Nike symbol and shield go into the white strip at the bottom of the jersey.

EDIT

It should look like this;

2510558630105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2220020800105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

Not really, that thing is a mess. The customization is from the 92-97 era and was changed when the Leafs went to Nike starting in 97-98. It would have to be stripped and re-done. Also it looks like the Nike symbol and shield go into the white strip at the bottom of the jersey.

Ha! I didn't even look at the 2nd pic in the auction...I just saw an authentic with tags already customized at $119...jumped the gun there! My bad.

Is that a fake jersey? Look at the Oilers one that he's selling too. That one is just awful. The Leafs one looks a little weird for a Nike jersey. That whole thing with the hem logos makes me think twice about it; that's for sure.

I think its real with a bad customization job. Thats been up for a long time, I think the customization turned a lot of people off. I almost pounced on it a while back then turned away quick once I saw the back.

Anyone looking for an authentic Blackhawks barberpole Vintage series, here ya go:

http://www.stadiumclassics.com/prod/1723-Chicago-Blackhawks-Authentic-Vintage-Throwback-Jersey-1992-by-CCM.html

I saw that. I think the only difference is that those are air knit instead of ultrafil, which was what they wore in 92. And obviously the tagging on the inside is different and the CCM on the back is one block instead of 3 individual patches.

If I am wrong I welcome anybody setting me straight.

I saw that. I think the only difference is that those are air knit instead of ultrafil, which was what they wore in 92. And obviously the tagging on the inside is different and the CCM on the back is one block instead of 3 individual patches.

If I am wrong I welcome anybody setting me straight.

Correct, I own both the ultrafil version and this version..it's a nice substitute if you can't find the ultrafil version however I do not think it's worth $225 or anything close to that.

Thanks for the insight. Do you, or anybody else, have some good pics for customization of the Hawks barber pole? I am looking at old photos and having difficulty determining if the name on the back is white or silver. Also, I assume it would be on a nameplate. Finally, any assistance on what the "A" looked like would be appreciated. If I ever find one I want to do it up with Larmer, as I have an authentic red Ultrafil with Chelios and the 91 All Star game patch, and a white Ultrafil with Roenick and the 92 Cup Finals patch (sewed on ultrafil over the 75th anniversary patch).

Fantastic, many thanks.

oh no way, 2 islanders fans in one thread. This is wild!

In the spirit of serving my fellow board members, while I have no idea if they're repros or not HockeyMusic is selling his for only $8. http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2035

oh no way, 2 islanders fans in one thread. This is wild!

In the spirit of serving my fellow board members, while I have no idea if they're repros or not HockeyMusic is selling his for only $8. http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2035

Hockey Music's patch looks way better.

Thanks DaNoobie, but I passed on them. IH21 did you get either?

I missed the first one, but am the only bidder on the second for now. It's way too big for me to wear, but I'll get it customized and signed and then throw it in my closet. :thumbsup: For $20+customization fee, how can you go wrong with that?