DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

You are definitely good to go on that patch. That is Murf and Pat Denny's ebay id.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are definitely good to go on that patch. That is Murf and Pat Denny's ebay id.

So should we email him then and save him the Ebay cost as I would like a few things

Thanks for the feedback on the eBay item and the cheaper alternative.

murfandpat is good for most things but that 75th patch is a reproduction and not a very good one at that.

That's very true. I've received that same patch from them before and it wasn't as advertised unfortunately. This guy has some decent ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-75th-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH-NHL-1992-STANLEY-CUP-HOCKEY-/130514303625?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e63423a89

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

This is a really good price for one of you midg-...er, trol-...er, dwar-....er....um....'vertically challenged' people out there -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260785559504&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

That's very true. I've received that same patch from them before and it wasn't as advertised unfortunately. This guy has some decent ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-75th-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH-NHL-1992-STANLEY-CUP-HOCKEY-/130514303625?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e63423a89

This guy does look good and ewven if they are repos I need a lot thanks

Hello, all. This isn't an entirely appropriate question for this thread, but I didn't really want to start a new one for a first post. From what I can tell this is a pretty online heavy forum when it comes to jersey purchases, and I'm wondering if I can get some advice when it comes to actual brick and mortar stores in the United States. I'm from the Toronto area and I'm down in the Orlando region at the moment and decided to try and see if I could find a jersey in a store while I'm here. Figuring maybe I could get a slightly better deal than the stores at home. I've come to realize that hockey practically doesn't exist in this city and I've been able to only find one store that had a few, but they were older styles and over-priced. Anyway, so as I head up north on the I-75 starting tomorrow, I'm wondering if anyone could let me know what stores I should maybe look out for on my way home. I assume the closer home I get, the more available places. Maybe ######'s? They have to have them somewhere. I'm mainly looking for a Thomas jersey at the moment, but I'm open to a few players and teams. Also, I'm not looking for the Edge jerseys. The cheaper ones are perfectly fine.

Hello, all. This isn't an entirely appropriate question for this thread, but I didn't really want to start a new one for a first post. From what I can tell this is a pretty online heavy forum when it comes to jersey purchases, and I'm wondering if I can get some advice when it comes to actual brick and mortar stores in the United States. I'm from the Toronto area and I'm down in the Orlando region at the moment and decided to try and see if I could find a jersey in a store while I'm here. Figuring maybe I could get a slightly better deal than the stores at home. I've come to realize that hockey practically doesn't exist in this city and I've been able to only find one store that had a few, but they were older styles and over-priced. Anyway, so as I head up north on the I-75 starting tomorrow, I'm wondering if anyone could let me know what stores I should maybe look out for on my way home. I assume the closer home I get, the more available places. Maybe ######'s? They have to have them somewhere. I'm mainly looking for a Thomas jersey at the moment, but I'm open to a few players and teams. Also, I'm not looking for the Edge jerseys. The cheaper ones are perfectly fine.

Welcome to the forums.

I cant comment about stores in the US as I am in the Toronto area as well. Having said that, I would contact Major League Lettering. I had a premiere (replica) that I had brought in to get customized. He told me that if I was interested, he can get premieres and sell them for a lower retail price, if I got them customized with him. They are located in Vaughan. So if you're interested, give them a quick call. Don, I think he is the owner, is just an overall really nice guy and Im sure he would give you some additional information. Besides that, as obvious as it is, Ebay is your best bet. I would be shocked if you found some replicas in stores for a low price (unless they are jerseys that are no longer being worn by the team).

Thanks for the advice. I only caught the jersey bug for the first time earlier this year when I bought a premiere Oilers jersey when I was at a game in Edmonton. It is my first jersey and I was later disappointed when I realized I should have just spend the extra bit of cash and got one with a name (Eberele). So, that's great info. Vaughn is close enough, and I guess it couldn't hurt to take a trip to the big mall up there. I definitely want to add the name and numbers to it. I guess I'm just a bit weary buying online knowing how many of the jerseys are fake. At least in a slightly credible store, I can feel the assurance of knowing they're real. I did see a Thomas replica jersey on the ######'s sports online store for $150, and that's about how much I'd like to spend.

Thanks for the advice. I only caught the jersey bug for the first time earlier this year when I bought a premiere Oilers jersey when I was at a game in Edmonton. It is my first jersey and I was later disappointed when I realized I should have just spend the extra bit of cash and got one with a name (Eberele). So, that's great info. Vaughn is close enough, and I guess it couldn't hurt to take a trip to the big mall up there. I definitely want to add the name and numbers to it. I guess I'm just a bit weary buying online knowing how many of the jerseys are fake. At least in a slightly credible store, I can feel the assurance of knowing they're real. I did see a Thomas replica jersey on the ######'s sports online store for $150, and that's about how much I'd like to spend.

If you do ever see a jersey that you're unsure about the legitimacy, just post it in the "is it good or not" thread, and people will be happy to inform you.

And honestly, in my position I wouldnt spend that much on a replica. Jerseys pop up on ebay all the time that can be found for great prices. Its all about being patient. The jersey you're looking for will come eventually.

Im not exactly sure what Bruins jersey you're looking for or what size but here are a couple ebay auctions with some blank jerseys that would cost less than $150 if you ended up getting it customized later

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boston-Bruins-RBK-Alternate-Black-Jersey-Large-/260786795307?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cb81ab32b

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boston-Bruins-Jersey-White-New-tags-/290567264893?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43a7289a7d

These ones arent Thomas jerseys but they are at pretty good price right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boston-Bruins-Zdeno-Chara-Winter-Classic-Game-Jersey-XL-/150605588259?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2310cae723

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSTON-BRUINS-MILAN-LUCIC-WINTER-CLASSIIC-JERSEY-MED-/400216951445?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d2eca0a95

Wow, I want this! Did you ask the seller if he/she ships to Canada?

Nah, I didn't bother. If I had, and I really wanted it, I probably wouldn't be letting you guys all know :P

...no point in driving up the competition/price on myself.

Besides, the seller is 'husker_family (73)' so I'm doubting they even know what they have, and chances are good that they probably won't know how to change the auction to even make it available to Canada.

Hopefully someone here can score it cheap!

Stay away...100% sure that is a fake!

1) Strings are too long

2) 48 is not an EDGE size

Stay away...100% sure that is a fake!

1) Strings are too long

2) 48 is not an EDGE size

Oh, derp. The numbers didn't look vinally so it threw me off. Ignore this then haha.

Oh, derp. The numbers didn't look vinally so it threw me off. Ignore this then haha.

Yeah, the numbers do look good from the picture. I took one look at the vector and knew it was embroidered, so fake.

im not saying there arent any, but personally, i dont know of any places that specialize in hockey in orlando and im usually there a couple of times per year.

baseball is another story...