DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, he says it right in the description that it WASN'T worn by Jokinen. It could have been sold as a NNOB #62 jersey that someone added the plate too.

Jokinen was the only 62 in 1999...unless the Isles used that jersey into the early 2000s for preseason. Either way, still a nice price for a pre-2000 gamer

Well the seller says it's a goalie cut jersey, so it could have been issued to a goalie who wore #62.

It doesn't look like a goalie cut though...he says it is a goalie because it is a 58. Olli is/was a big boy. I am skeptical here. Could very well be a Jokinen gamer. For $100, if anyone is interested in Olli, might be a steal

Let's be clear about a couple of points:

1) sz 58 is not necessarily a goalie cut

2) Even if it is goalie cut, there are skaters (non-goalies) that wear goalie cuts. Chris Tamer and Rick Tocchet are a couple that I have in mind....

Hope this help.

Its got the wrong collar but still a great jersey(prefer the correct collar one).

######, can't believe I missed it. Yes, I do wear a 44.

Its got the wrong collar but still a great jersey(prefer the correct collar one).

Not so much interested in the jersey, just the education.

What is wrong with the collar?

It has the same order of color striping as the jersey on NHL Uniforms Database.

edit: there is a liberty jersey post that shows a Richter gamer and the striping

on the collar is different than what NHL Uniforms Database shows.

Very confusing.

What's a replicathentic? Just a reproduction?

Vintage line authentic I guess.

I dont like that term. I see it on knockoffs with some regularity and the last thing I want to see happen is the term "replithentic" getting paired up with the idea that it is a legitimately licensed jersey. Just going to help the knockoff peddlers sell their junk

"Replithentic" was the actual term Reebok used for their NFL tweener jerseys in between "Replica" and "Authentic" before they renamed it to "Premier". They have the same single-layer printed twill numbers as found on NHL.com customized NHL "Premier" jerseys . They kept "Swingman" (Nike term) for the tweener NBA jerseys.

That North Stars vintage is an authentic-level jersey. On a side note, JeffB's blog explains how CCM screwed up the vintage by reversing the star initially and using black twill instead of stitching.

Not so much interested in the jersey, just the education.

What is wrong with the collar?

It has the same order of color striping as the jersey on NHL Uniforms Database.

edit: there is a liberty jersey post that shows a Richter gamer and the striping

on the collar is different than what NHL Uniforms Database shows.

Very confusing.

The navy and red striping is reversed on that jersey. Take a look at gamers and pics of the worn white liberty jerseys. Some starter authentics and replicas switched the color scheme of the collar. To me its not really a big difference but it is a difference.

IMO "Replithentics" are jerseys that are reproductions but the players actually wore. I.E. http://www.nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins2003-04.html. The vintage line was worn by some teams on-ice.

But the North Stars jersey I mentioned earlier is just a reproduction. your correct about that.

Not a very good one too. But, all of them were unfortunately. The star is backwards. It should be shaded the other way. The customized ones looked atrocious too because the drop shadow went up and to the left instead of down and to the right. Yuck. Somebody really dropped the ball on that one.

Let's be clear about a couple of points:

1) sz 58 is not necessarily a goalie cut

2) Even if it is goalie cut, there are skaters (non-goalies) that wear goalie cuts. Chris Tamer and Rick Tocchet are a couple that I have in mind....

Hope this help.

:thumbsup:

Vinnie #4 and Kubina in Tampa both wear them.

Modano wears one.

:)