DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

See, that's why I don't like dealing with Joe or Steiner. I emailed him and asked for a list of potential players who would be in the grab bag and he wouldn't tell me, and he didn't say that I would have a choice of blue or white.

Exactly. While 250 beans is a decent price for almost any game-worn jersey, money is tight and I'd rather wait to buy a decent player from somewhere else than risk a no-name player from Steiner when I can afford it. If I didn't just start my masters degree, I would grab a blue and a white jersey from him.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And fact of the matter is, they're struggling to get rid of them anyway. They should really give me the list of players available, and they should go one step further to make the sale, and offer me a choice of player. Work with your customers. I hate them.

And fact of the matter is, they're struggling to get rid of them anyway. They should really give me the list of players available, and they should go one step further to make the sale, and offer me a choice of player. Work with your customers. I hate them.

Write them and say Hey when in a few weeks you still have a ton left and want some sales, send me a list of whats available so I can give you my hard earned money.

With no NHL hockey ever again, all game-worn jerseys should be cheaper. :P

Joe just sent another email with pretty much the same info on the game-worns. I would def. like to get one, but still not cheap enough to call and order one.

See, that's why I don't like dealing with Joe or Steiner. I emailed him and asked for a list of potential players who would be in the grab bag and he wouldn't tell me, and he didn't say that I would have a choice of blue or white.

He told me the same- no choice of player or color.

Just because I'm trying to understand the issue at hand (not because I'd want to buy a yucky Rangers jersey)...

What is the issue with it being a mystery? Is i the price? Is it the fact that it is a mystery?

I only ask because I recall Meigray having a grab bag and people were happy with that. I don't recall all of the details, so is this because of price or what?

Doesn't MGG give a list of what's going into the grab bag though? I think the issue is more that Steiner won't even say who is potentially available. I know I wouldn't want to shell out any amount of money when I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what it's getting me. Money is money, regardless of the amount. Not knowing what you're spending it on isn't the smartest idea, considering you may not be happy with what it is you receive.

What is the issue with it being a mystery? Is i the price? Is it the fact that it is a mystery?

I only ask because I recall Meigray having a grab bag and people were happy with that. I don't recall all of the details, so is this because of price or what?

With MeiGray's grab bag this year, you knew you had a shot at winning several good prizes, like Zach Parise's SCF gamer, or that of another Devils player. At the very worst you would get a blank authentic jersey for your $125 shot at the grand prize. What sucks about Steiner's deal is that you're not even sure what you might get in the best of circumstances (cause they're not saying) and whatever you end up with is gonna cost you double what MeiGray's grab bag did. It sounds like it would only be worth it if you just wanted a Rangers gamer and didn't give a hoot about who wore it.

It sounds like it would only be worth it if you just wanted a Rangers gamer and didn't give a hoot about who wore it.

That's my thinking exactly. Since I won't be wearing it, I wasn't that picky and the price was right. I'd like a Richards or Cally but I'm hesitant to drop $1500 on something that will stay in my closet.

Quasi deal- Steiner's is offering random game-worn Rangers jerseys for $249.99. I had a $50 gift card from them, so I bit. They assured me it would NOT be a Gomez, lol. (They said it would be from the past 2 years. And it wouldn't be a Lundqvist. Duh.)

So I eagerly await my Newbury, Erixon, Frolov, Wolski, Gilroy, Dupont, Johnson, Kolarik, etc.......

No way you'll get a Erixon.. Because those were his rookie jerseys, they were all gone months ago.. Wolski and Newberry maybe a Christensen.. Yes..

No way you'll get a Erixon.. Because those were his rookie jerseys, they were all gone months ago.. Wolski and Newberry maybe a Christensen.. Yes..

Let it be a mystery no more!

It's a Deveaux. (I got an email of the invoice.)

It must be in great (only-worn-in-9-games-because-I'm-awful) condition.

homer-doh.jpg

LOL!!! Bel Biv Deveaux!! Hey, 250.00 for a gamer of any player is good.. Just think of the people that paid $375 for a store bought Indi Edge Deveaux... LOL!

You mean nobody?

LOL!!!!

Custom job is off and C needs to be removed.

However a plus for that auction is that the jersey is correct for the era.....92-93 the Flyers still had the thick black band on the hem.

The season after the black band became thinner.

LOL!!! Bel Biv Deveaux!! Hey, 250.00 for a gamer of any player is good.. Just think of the people that paid $375 for a store bought Indi Edge Deveaux... LOL!

Never trust a big butt & a smile. That jersey is poison!

I'm not sure what's worse: the disappointing gamer or the BBD references. I'll go with the outdated music.

I'm not sure what's worse: the disappointing gamer or the BBD references. I'll go with the outdated music.

:lol::D

To be fair, the music was disappointing before it was outdated. Now it's both.