DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

To be fair, the music was disappointing before it was outdated. Now it's both.

Well played.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not interested in this myself, but thought someone here might like it for the price: Not sure how the number and name bar would come off... Also not sure if he will ship, but I am sure for the right price...

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-clothing-mens-NHL-Game-Jersey-50th-All-Star-Game-New-W0QQAdIdZ416240217

Not interested in this myself, but thought someone here might like it for the price: Not sure how the number and name bar would come off... Also not sure if he will ship, but I am sure for the right price...

http://halifax.kijij...QAdIdZ416240217

That has been floating arounds for months no bites on ebay so I see he decided to go another way

Not sure how the number and name bar would come off...

Someone here had one of those and stripped it, but it looked like a b**** to strip since all 3 layers of the numbers were stitched individually to the jersey!

Edit: http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4027&st=20#

This sell has some cheap cistomized nameplates for some interesting jerseys: http://www.ebay.com/sch/salming05/m.html?item=200824657669&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec2151705&_sop=10

Who would have over 30,000 feedback and be interested in a jersey like that? jerseys4thewin of course!

Just got another email from Steiner for $250 low-end grab-bag game used jerseys. However, an autographed Lundqvist replica costs twice as much. I don't understand either offer there.

Just got another email from Steiner for $250 low-end grab-bag game used jerseys. However, an autographed Lundqvist replica costs twice as much. I don't understand either offer there.

I decided to bite on a similar offer Steiner had for a random pair of Rangers 2011-12 season game used gloves for $80. I don't really collect anything outside of jerseys normally, but I thought it could be a decent chance at something good. Worst case I'd have a new pair of broken in gloves to play street hockey with my nephews.

When I got the invoice, it referenced "Tier 3 Players" in the description. I looked back an old e-mail and found this regarding stick, skate, and gloves sale they had previously:

Tier 3 Players
- Christensen(no skates), Wolski (no skates), Scott (skates only), Eminger, Avery(no gloves), Mccabe(stick only), Deveaux(stick only), Mitchell(stick only), Johnson(stick only), Aasen(stick only), Woywitka(no gloves), Korpikowski(stick only)

So I'm thinking Christensen, Wolski, or Eminger. No horrible, thinking maybe they'd also have some training camp/pre-season players in there too.

Got the package today. The LOA just says "2011-12 Season Game Used Gloves" no player name. The gloves are pretty worn, even have some repairs on them, but no embroidered name/number on the cuff like the big name players have. The only markings are the initials "B.A." on the palm of one.

No recent Ranger player came to mind with those initials, I even looked at their training camp roster for the last two seasons. Nada. No B.A. listed.

Then it dawned on me. Benoit Allaire, the Rangers goaltending coach (and brother of Toronto persona non grata Francois Allaire).

Allaire_Benoit.jpg

Needless to say I'm mildy ticked and quite disappointed.

TLDR: don't trust the Steiner "random" player specials

I coach a few younger goalies at a local rink near me, and I was tempted to pick up a cheap pair of game-used gloves for the same reason. I only play goalie in my leagues, so the price for lesser-known-player game-used gloves to shoot on the little guys is an attractive option for me. You may be slightly disappointed, but for the price, it's still cool to shoot on your nephews with gloves that were actually in the ice with the Rangers.

Well I'm disappointed but I don't feel like I got ripped off or anything. My only issue is really the fact that these were supposed to be "Game Used" (even listed that way on the LOA).

Probably wouldn't be as bothered if a pair of Brian Boyle game used gloves hadn't just sold on eBay for $99. What a difference $20 makes :lol:

Are you guys sleeping on the job again?

Caps 56 for $34 (it's not hard to throw a fight strap in there)

Blank Whalers 52 for $123 (that's a deal, right thur!)

Blanks Jets 48 for $155 (another great price)

Pro inaugural preds 48, cheap! (I think someone here got that)

Sabres LaFontaine for $68 (a few issues, sure, but for $68?)

Double CCM Gretz for $250

Canucks Bure for $86 (ouch!)

Caps jersey had bad stains on the front crest and the seller was impossible to get a reply from. Doesnt deserve my money.

The lockout isn't helping

Agreed. For us, the low price of jerseys is awesome, but without an actual league, the average fan doesn't care, and if this goes another year or two, I don't think any if our jerseys will have much value except to us diehards.

ACT FAST FLYERS FANS

$50 customized Pronger Indo Edge with proper customization

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4abcc6b1a3

The customization is close, but the C and the numbers don't have a thick enough black border. Still cheap tho.