sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have any pictures?

Yes. I would love to show them to you if somebody will tell me how. I'm technologically challenged

Yes. I would love to show them to you if somebody will tell me how. I'm technologically challenged

There are many methods but here is my personal favorite:

1. Upload pictures to computer

2. Go to imgur.com and click the computer button and select the pictures you want to show

3. Once it's done uploading copy the BBCode on the right hand side and paste it on a post

I want to see it too....

Go to Photobucket.com creat an account (It's free) upload the picture and it should give you a link to the picture, post the link and you're set.

Let me ask you this, what do you see on the hem of the jersey and what type of a neck that is it?

I want to see it too....

Go to Photobucket.com creat an account (It's free) upload the picture and it should give you a link to the picture, post the link and you're set.

Let me ask you this, what do you see on the hem of the jersey and what type of a neck that is it?

Still working on pics. Hope to have some up before the end of the night.

Hem has CCM and old black and orange NHL shield on both sides of jersey. Neck has CCM tag that says Authentic On Ice Game Jersey and NHL Center Ice tag. Missing size tag but still has store tags hanging from it.

Is it one of these:

IMG_1852.jpgIMG_1853.jpg

Still working on pics. Hope to have some up before the end of the night.

Hem has CCM and old black and orange NHL shield on both sides of jersey. Neck has CCM tag that says Authentic On Ice Game Jersey and NHL Center Ice tag. Missing size tag but still has store tags hanging from it.

Did Gretzky ever wore an Oilers jerseys with the CCM on the hem? I thought he only wore Maska, Sandow SK, and Nike when he was with the Oilers in the NHL?

cJ0Lh.jpgTry one more time.

Nice pick up for $150. What you have there is an authentic memorabilia jersey that was made in 1996 or 1997 for Upper Deck, WGA and other company to be autographed and numbered and sold off. Gretzky never wore CCM when he played for the Oilers only Shadow SK and Nike (I might be missing one more).

Like these here:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=39&lotid=321

And

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=748

Here is a similar jersey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAYNE-GRETZKY-Signed-Edmonton-Oilers-Pro-Weight-Jersey-WGA-/380463937655?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item58956af877#ht_1988wt_1215

As you can see the price is up there but it all depends who had the jersey authenticated. If the jersey was sold by WGA (http://www.gretzky.com/) and authenticated by them then you got the steal of your life, if not it still has a lot of value.

Thanks for the info guys.

Now the question remains what to do with it. As I said, I wanted the jersey to wear but there's no way I'm wearing a Gretzky autograph. I still love the jersey itself. I've been looking for one with that neck style for several years. They don't turn up that often and when they do they're normally way out of my price range even without the autograph. Anybody have info on what year Gretzky wore a jersey with that style and if it would have been Nike or Shadow SK?

How hard would it be to replace the auto'd nine with an exact color match or would that be a horrible idea?

I wouldn't take the numner off, Iwould just frame it and that's it.

I wouldn't take the. Umber off. I would just frame it and that's it.

I agree, what he has is a great collectors item and removing the number would greatly reduce the value. If he wants something to wear to a game, maybe try to get one of those Nike replica Gretzky Oilers home jerseys they produced in 1999. I know there are a few members here that have them. I have a one of these CCM vintage replica blue Oilers jerseys that they produce a few years ago. Picked it up for less than $30 on Ebay and that could be another option.

Those duble CCM blank Oilers show up fr time to time. I picked mines up for $140.

I'd frame it too, that's an amazing deal.

If you don't want to frame it though, I'd flip it for a great sum so that you can afford to buy yourself one that you can wear.

I'd hate it if you took the 9 off, it would ruin such a great collectible!

I wouldn't take the numner off, Iwould just frame it and that's it.

I love when people post just frame it.....

IcOdex please dont think i am insulting you hear. I often see the just frame it post by many and it always makes me laugh. Any kind of decent frame will cost about 500$. That Gretzky jersey without a coa is worth 400 to 600. Wouldnt make much sense to frame a jersey worth as much as the actual frame in my humble opinion.

Anybody have info on what year Gretzky wore a jersey with that style and if it would have been Nike or Shadow SK?

He didn't - the Nikes and Sandows are different, and he never wore a CCM. If you're not that picky about the differences, technically speaking they were all 'that style'

That Gretzky jersey without a coa is worth 400 to 600.

I've seen 'em sell as high as $400 BIN, but anytime there's ever been an ebay auction, they only average about $200-250.

I love when people post just frame it.....

IcOdex please dont think i am insulting you hear. I often see the just frame it post by many and it always makes me laugh. Any kind of decent frame will cost about 500$. That Gretzky jersey without a coa is worth 400 to 600. Wouldnt make much sense to frame a jersey worth as much as the actual frame in my humble opinion.

I understand what you're saying and the only reason I told him to frame it is because he does not want to wear it because it's autographed. See you're saying that his jersey is worth $400-$600 (IMO not even close) on the open market but maybe to him it has more value. I personally don't like frames because I want to wear my jerseys, not every day but maybe once or twice a year. We pay so much money for these jersey and if don't get to enjoy them then what's the point, you own it just to look at it? This is just my opinion and that is how I feel about my stuff.

well i have 9 jerseys framed and the reason they are framed is because they are valuable game worn jerseys that need to be protected from u/v light and also i think deem to be displayed.

My point was that framing is expensive and i just wouldnt frame something that cost less or the same price as the frame.

well i have 9 jerseys framed and the reason they are framed is because they are valuable game worn jerseys that need to be protected from u/v light and also i think deem to be displayed.

I love how game-worn (spit, sweat, blood, puck/stick-marks, board burns, tears, holes, etc, etc) need to be protected from UV light, lol.

That said, if I owned any of the beauties you have, George, I'd be framing 'em too.

I've seen 'em sell as high as $400 BIN, but anytime there's ever been an ebay auction, they only average about $200-250.

Slim is 100% correct. But again it might sell for that much but to a collector or a fan it can have sentimental value to it (Sorry idk if sentimental was the right word to use), how about priceless? :) anyways do whatever you like with it. I wouldn't recommend you stripping the 9 off the jersey just so you can wear it, buy a replica or an authentic without the signature. Oh and if you're going to get a COA for the signature make sure it's from a trusted authenticator and not from some guy named Bob or Bill that will write you a stupid letter. Use PSA Sports.

I love how game-worn (spit, sweat, blood, puck/stick-marks, board burns, tears, holes, etc, etc) need to be protected from UV light, lol.

That said, if I owned any of the beauties you have, George, I'd be framing 'em too.

C'mon guys game worn jerseys are in a different ballpark we're talking about regular authentic jerseys here.