DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EDGE 1.0 in a size 54 for $75 Free shipping now that's a deal someone grab it before it goes.

^Whenever someone posts a Futurama reference, the Robot-Devil takes the soul of a counterfeit jersey seller.

Screen-printed everything? Interesting. The Isles never used screened-on jerseys but I think the jersey itself is legit. Perhaps it was blank and then customized via screen-printing later down the road.

You don't mess with the Zohan.

And also -----------------That's what she said.

LOL I just saw your post now. Nice.

Also I don't even wanna know how that Leafs TBTC is going to arrive for $3 shipping. Packed into a Rice Krispies box maybe?

Screen-printed everything? Interesting. The Isles never used screened-on jerseys but I think the jersey itself is legit. Perhaps it was blank and then customized via screen-printing later down the road.

I was thinking that (but wasn't 100% on Islanders' specifics). I suppose if someone really wanted to, they could strip and re-do it.

I'm never making the mistake of buying a jersey with pressed letters/numbers again - between the fumes of the pure acetone and the monotony of chipping the vinyl away, it sickened me for life.

(made in China)

its a fake

Dang ¬¬... still haven't got Reebok down. CCM is no problem but I still sometimes struggle telling what makes a Reebok fake (unless it's blatantly obvious because of customisation, shawdy logos etc.)

Found this at a yard sale couple of weeks ago. I was on my way home from a rough night at work and cursing road construction that sent me on a detour all of three streets over from my house when I saw an elderly woman setting up for a yard sale hang this from a tree branch!

Long story short, I scored what has been one of my grail jerseys for a long time before 7:30 am. For $150 !! She was asking $100, I gave her the other 50 out of guilt and shame.

Only one delimma, if you can call it that. The jersey is autographed on one of the nines. Not that I don't want a Gretzky autographed Oilers authentic, but I've always wanted the jersey to wear. No way I'm wearing a Gretzky auto to the local SPHL arena, or any arena.

So what to do. Leave it as is and frame it? Remove the auto'd nine and hope to find an exact match to replace it (this seems sacreligious somehow)? Keep looking for another to wear (the only non auto'd I've seen on Ebay recently was at $700)?

What do you guys think? I love the jersey and it fits perfectly. When I hold it in my hands it just feels....right.

Also do you think the autograph is authentic? It came with a LOA from Field of Dreams. Maybe I'm just feeling guilt and disbelief that it could be authentic for what I paid.

Duh...just realized I forgot the pic. Sorry. Now I can't figure out how to get the pics here. Can somebody help out the technology idiot please. I would like to know what you all think.

Edited by sec