DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

I myself have been alerted to quite a few items I ended up getting, that I would not have even known about had they not been posted here. (Besides, I buy the 44's and 46's which most of you wouldn't bother with anyway!) I see very little point in posting only completed auctions, which only serves to make everyone else kick themselves in the butt for missing. If this is the way it would be, the thread should just be called "steals" and I wouldn't bother reading it at all.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The original point of this thread was to post good deals that are AVAILABLE, not for people to brag about the good deals they got after the fact and troll for pats on the back from others for saving a few $$$. There is already an arrivals thread if you wish to do so. If you rather go for the steals yourself and not post them, no one is forcing you to. If someone posted an auction you were hoping to get a steal on, well too F(&^*** bad and welcome to the internet. If you have enough of a problem to whine about that, I sincerely hope your testicles descend or you get your first period soon.

If you have enough of a problem to whine about that, I sincerely hope your testicles descend or you get your first period soon.

LMFAO! I don't care who you are, if you can't laugh at that then you don't belong near a computer. Seriously though, he's right. This thread is to help people, not to post crap that's already ended or that you got a deal on.

We can all see that it's called "DEALS AND STEALS" but it does not say anywhere if its for done deals or current deals. Also please read Slims post all the way on the top before you get all crazy about what everyone is talking about.

"A thread on crazy deals or absolute steals available"

It says right there.

Anyways, like already said this thread was set up to help alert other members of "Deals and Steals" which isn't much help if the item is already gone. Wanna brag or complain about how much you got something for or how cheap JFTW got something for that's what the "ebay" and "it arrived today" thread are for.

Keep on posting all the goodies you find Slim. It truly is amazing to see how cheap some stuff can be had for.

I'm going to have to say:

1 - We only post deals and steals of items that have ended that we were able to steal ourselves

90% of the jerseys this guy buys are Buy It Now and if you don't have a fast trigger you will never get those gems.

Here are two jerseys that I got luck with right when they got listed:

LOS ANGELES KINGS - $50 I was the first person to view the jersey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120896758131?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1074

San Jose Sharks $35 - Strip job but it was only $35 :blink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320893298563?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1074

You have to make time and know where to look and get lucky... So good luck to everyone hope you find what you're looking for.

wow, that sharks went cheap!! Helluva deal!

wow, that sharks went cheap!! Helluva deal!

I'll say. Sorry if OT, but since when did that model Sharks jersey have that CCM tag, which I thought was only used at the turn of the century?

I personally miss Slim's posts quite a bit. I don't know how you guy's find such killer deals, but I never see the stuff people like Slim find. I say more.

Here is how much that Arse face got it for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350561298699#ht_500wt_1182

I know he is much maligned around here. Does anyone know if he tends to end auctions early if he's not going to make money on it? I may bid on that one while it's still low...

I'm a little late here, but I'm a huge fan of deals and steals being pointed out to me. Unfortunately I don't have that much time to spend on Ebay, and some things slip through the cracks. I joined this message board a) to talk to others in the hobby B) make some trades and deals and c) have people help me find steals and deals. Posting them after the fact is really just cruel IMO. If you see one on here you really want, post about it - I'm sure we can work it out like gentlemen!

(Let's Go Rangers!)

I know he is much maligned around here. Does anyone know if he tends to end auctions early if he's not going to make money on it? I may bid on that one while it's still low...

Yes, he'll do that and end it early. But know that he will also shill bid.

But know that he will also shill bid.

Look I don't like the guy any more than anyone else, but I get really ticked when people throw out the shill bid allegation against people just because they don't like them.

I've said it before IF SOMEONE IS SHILL BIDDING REPORT THEM. eBay does take it seriously and if proven they will be banned. Shill bidding isn't just against eBay policy, it's against the law in most if not all states.

Dallas Stars Authentic Alternate Jersey Size 48 $59 Buy it Now

http://www.ebay.com/...7#ht_500wt_1160

I love how the Wild Wing and BK are ugly as all heck and go for exhorbitant amounts, and poor old mooterus is just left in the dark. How come no one wants those?

I love how the Wild Wing and BK are ugly as all heck and go for exhorbitant amounts, and poor old mooterus is just left in the dark. How come no one wants those?

And the Buffaslug