DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

######, really could use one of those 90s Leafs jersey.

Bug HM - look at how crisp those tags look!

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2035&st=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280792222647?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Yup, that thing is minty fresh. If I hadn't made a large purchase recently I would have scoped that up as soon as he listed it.

Alittle pricey for me. The price on the other listing is more what I like. :P

Alittle pricey for me. The price on the other listing is more what I like. :P

It went for $42 because it had paint stains on the sleeve....keep that in mind....

Gah, I need that purple one but in a normal human size.

Normal humans don't wear 44....and aren't Flyers fans :P

Normal humans don't wear 44....and aren't Flyers fans :P

I am a hulking man that wears a 52, thank you very much. And I'm too tired to go the semantics route and pick apart everything and reword it to my advantage so....no.

Actually, screw it I will. Normal humans AREN'T Flyers fans, because Flyers fans are an educated elite in the hockey community. Being elite, therefore, excludes them from normalcy. So correct, due to our elite wisdom, we are thus not bound to normalcy.

I am a hulking man that wears a 52, thank you very much. And I'm too tired to go the semantics route and pick apart everything and reword it to my advantage so....no.

Actually, screw it I will. Normal humans AREN'T Flyers fans, because Flyers fans are an educated elite in the hockey community. Being elite, therefore, excludes them from normalcy. So correct, due to our elite wisdom, we are thus not bound to normalcy.

LMFAO! Well played sir. :thumbsup:

LMFAO! Well played sir. :thumbsup:

Lol, thank you. I have to use this $100K degree and training I'm getting for something haha.

Lol, thank you. I have to use this $100K degree and training I'm getting for something haha.

Well then Riddle me this then smrty pants!

What the hell is a "Flyer" anyways?!!? huh?? what?? please tell us non-elite type people. I know what a Bruin is. A Islander, even a Kyote! WTF is a "Flyer"?!?

Does it have possibly have something to do with Benjamin Franklin flying his kite in Philly and getting zapped?? If that is so than would almost make them the Philadelphia Kites! HA! and kites are for pansies! :)

At first you separate yourself from "them", but then change to "our" and "we"? Make up your mind!

Well then Riddle me this then smrty pants!

What the hell is a "Flyer" anyways?!!? huh?? what?? please tell us non-elite type people. I know what a Bruin is. A Islander, even a Kyote! WTF is a "Flyer"?!?

Does it have possibly have something to do with Benjamin Franklin flying his kite in Philly and getting zapped?? If that is so than would almost make them the Philadelphia Kites! HA! and kites are for pansies! :)

According to the World English Dictionary, a flyer is: a person or thing that flies or moves very fast. So the Flyers are a fast group of individuals, silly.

At first you separate yourself from "them", but then change to "our" and "we"? Make up your mind!

I like to start off objective, and then bring it back down to earth for the subjective analysis, of course.

GO WAGONS!!!!

Funny you guys should talk about this, a few years a go i received this as a gift :

Full Spectrum: The Complete History of the Philadelphia Flyers Hockey Club as a gift from my friend who is a die hard Flyers fan.

Here is a excerpt from the book

A group of the original investors of the new Philadelphia hockey team were dining after a Broadway show and Ed Snider's sister Phyllis responded "Flyers" when the subject of a name for the new hockey team arose. At the same time a Name-the-Team Contest was being held and the new name was made public on August 3, 1966. Alec Stockard, a 9-year old boy from Narberth, won the contest even though he spelled it "Fliers." Obviously, Phyllis was prevented from winning the contest .

The logo and uniform designs were commissioned to an area designing firm. The artist, Sam Ciccone, drew four wings on (as Greenberg describes it) "a stylized P to make it fly and an orange dot inside the P to represent a hockey puck." This was one of several that were designed by Ciccone and Snider's group chose what we see today. Ciccone also selected the colours.

voila even if the question was meant tongue and cheek