DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Funny you guys should talk about this, a few years a go i received this as a gift :

Full Spectrum: The Complete History of the Philadelphia Flyers Hockey Club as a gift from my friend who is a die hard Flyers fan.

Here is a excerpt from the book

A group of the original investors of the new Philadelphia hockey team were dining after a Broadway show and Ed Snider's sister Phyllis responded "Flyers" when the subject of a name for the new hockey team arose. At the same time a Name-the-Team Contest was being held and the new name was made public on August 3, 1966. Alec Stockard, a 9-year old boy from Narberth, won the contest even though he spelled it "Fliers." Obviously, Phyllis was prevented from winning the contest .

The logo and uniform designs were commissioned to an area designing firm. The artist, Sam Ciccone, drew four wings on (as Greenberg describes it) "a stylized P to make it fly and an orange dot inside the P to represent a hockey puck." This was one of several that were designed by Ciccone and Snider's group chose what we see today. Ciccone also selected the colours.

voila even if the question was meant tongue and cheek

That kid won a 13" color TV iirc...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It went for $42 because it had paint stains on the sleeve....keep that in mind....

Yes, but I know a good condition one would cost me about $60-$70 right now in this market if I look hard enough. Let's face it, vintage jerseys haven't been this cheap in a long time.

Taking a moderate risk on these two, with no pics and hardly any description, but he did combine shipping. I figure if they're in decent shape and/or the customization on the Roy is close to accurate I won't be too upset getting two replicas for $35...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220912264531?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320811424007?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

The Roy ended up being a well worn late 80's replica, with decent customization. It's more of a medium than a large though, so I'm giving it to a buddy who's looking for something to play pond hockey in.

The '45 throwback ended up being one of those actual knit sweaters, which is pretty sweet, I wasn't expecting that. I think I'll throw a felt #9 on the back and wear that one myself

of course it came out of the lawyer's mouth too. They sure have a way with spinning! Apparently just over 50% of the US Senators, go figure!

Hey, I'm going to be a nice lawyer, thank you very much. You ever see Conviction? That's what I've done my past 2 summers and last year, working with the Innocence Project, son. I'm a gentleman ;)

I should buy one and flip it on eBay for 100. I could totally use an influx of cash for my WC jersey fund.

WOOHOO! Guess how many I bought? :D

I dont know if I should be happy or insulted?!?

Happily insulted? What are the chances of me being able to resell one on eBay? Like seriously, I need the cash.

Happily insulted? What are the chances of me being able to resell one on eBay? Like seriously, I need the cash.

I wouldn't think there is a market. There are some whites listed from $59.99-$69.99 unsold on ebay. The best bet would be to Tavares them (+$50) and then resell for $100-125. Bad market, low demand for Isles = not likely. Also, dont forget the Isles sell their gamers dirt cheap

EDIT: Happily insulted works. I am pessimistically optimistic as well (I am, after all a NY Jets and Isles fan)

Nope, I tried but it does not seem to work.

:(. I really like that jersey!!!!!! MAKE IT WORK! PLEASE?!

Edit: The medium third is a medium. If it was large or bigger I would have purchased that too!

I also bought the Heatley Sharks, JT Tshirts, and Sharks CCM!

EDIT: Happily insulted works. I am pessimistically optimistic as well (I am, after all a NY Jets and Isles fan)

Met fan too?

Guys, just keep this on the DL. This happened over the summer with one of the places that sells football authentics. The orders might actually go through (they were moved into the outlet section) if there is a small quantity of people putting in orders. Also, try to spend $120ish, so it looks liek the cost of one replica.