DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Not sure if a deal or steal, but I know people here love the Ducks WildWing. Size large, blank, for $180 on Webstore. Listing says two little blemishes. I have bought an authentic Blackhawks TBTC Ultrafil Barber pole from this seller, and can vouch that he is legit. All his stuff is on Webstore, he does not do EBay.

http://www.webstore.com/199596-Mighty-Ducks-of-Anaheim-Wild-Wing-Jersey-L-Adult-Large-CCM-,name,13067741,auction_id,auction_details

I think he is a member here or on JC he will not budge from his price I have tried in the past

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he is a member here or on JC he will not budge from his price I have tried in the past

He used to be a member here, not anymore though. Like I said I have no idea if this is overpriced, but I know people really like that jersey and they tend to go for a bunch.

Rangers Messier, this has to be a deal, yeah?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300631074230

Somebody drop some knowledge on me. What is the deal with the vintage V patch on the front of the jersey? I have seen these for various teams. I have an authentic CCM air-knit TBTC Barber Pole Hawks which has that same V symbol sewn into the neck tag. I know the one I have is a re-make, but an authentic jersey with fight strap, double elbows and all crests sewn. Is this simply an earlier version, and CCM later got rid of the V on the actual jersey so as not to take away from its look?

The Vitnage V patch was ONLY used on the jerseys of the teams that participated in the on-ice vintage 3rd program:

--Boston Bruins 1967 home and away

--Edmonton Oilers 1982 home(Heritage Classic)

--Montreal Canadiens 1946 home and away

--Los Angeles Kings 1985 home and away

--New York Rangers 1977 home and away

--St. Louis Blues 1983 home and away

--Vancouver Canucks 1977 home and away

Anything else that had the Vintage tag in the collar was a re-issue of particular jerseys that were NOT worn on the ice during the season. Those were the Blackhawks, Maple Leafs, Nordiques, Jets and other ones that were all available at retail.

The Vitnage V patch was ONLY used on the jerseys of the teams that participated in the on-ice vintage 3rd program:

--Boston Bruins 1967 home and away

--Edmonton Oilers 1982 home(Heritage Classic)

--Montreal Canadiens 1946 home and away

--Los Angeles Kings 1985 home and away

--New York Rangers 1977 home and away

--St. Louis Blues 1983 home and away

--Vancouver Canucks 1977 home and away

Anything else that had the Vintage tag in the collar was a re-issue of particular jerseys that were NOT worn on the ice during the season. Those were the Blackhawks, Maple Leafs, Nordiques, Jets and other ones that were all available at retail.

Thanks, so did these teams all wear these vintage jerseys the same season (which year), like the original six did with the TBTC in 1991-1992? So to get more stratch CCM simply re-made the Hawks TBTC and some other teams but in air-knit since that is what most teams used by then?

Very curious as I am giving my vintage authentic air-knit to my bro as I found a real Haks ultrafil TBTC, and want to know the back story for him.

Yes sir, they did wear them throughout the season. I'm just not 100% positive if they wore them EVERY TIME they faced one another. I'm pretty sure they did but not absolutely sure of it. As to your other question, yes. That's why they were all done in air-knit because that was the CCM exclusive at the time. There was certainly nothing wrong with the jerseys though because they all looked great...well, except the Minnesota one but I think most of us here know about that issue.

Thanks, so did these teams all wear these vintage jerseys the same season (which year), like the original six did with the TBTC in 1991-1992? So to get more stratch CCM simply re-made the Hawks TBTC and some other teams but in air-knit since that is what most teams used by then?

Very curious as I am giving my vintage authentic air-knit to my bro as I found a real Haks ultrafil TBTC, and want to know the back story for him.

like this one

JUNE012.jpg

I was going to ask the same, what season were they worn, I thought it might be 2003-04, as IIRC, that is the year that was on the Meigray St. Louis extra's that they sold. But when I look on nhluniforms for the surrounding years, they aren't listed.

Correct most of them are not I have 6 teams from that year and I had a hard time to figure who to put on them

IMG_5458.jpg

I was going to ask the same, what season were they worn, I thought it might be 2003-04, as IIRC, that is the year that was on the Meigray St. Louis extra's that they sold. But when I look on nhluniforms for the surrounding years, they aren't listed.

You appear to be correct, see this link below to Meigray which has a game worn Simon Rangers listed as 2003-2004.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4813426&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4544&scId=4544

Also, if these things are rare, here is a white Canadians size 54 from Meigray for $129 that came up when I searched vintage. Does not appear it was worn so do not know if the V patch was removed or if this is from a totally different year.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=5748088&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=57411&scId=57411

They're on NHLuniforms.com. You just have to click on the specific teams and you'll see them.

I see them now, I looked at the regular image from the larger group. Also, whomever just bought that, the numbers look a bit slender compared to the Simon gamer posted, but you can use that as a template. I imagine most places would be able to do that kit for under 50 since it's one color, so a great deal to end up just under 200 for that jersey completed.

Oh yeah; that jersey listed is horribly incorrect. The numbers are waaaaay too narrow. I had one of those Messier ones a few years back and they're a lot wider than that. Here's a good game shot:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Nyr/03-04%20NYR%20Alt%20Messierbk.jpg

Oh yeah; that jersey listed is horribly incorrect. The numbers are waaaaay too narrow. I had one of those Messier ones a few years back and they're a lot wider than that. Here's a good game shot:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Nyr/03-04%20NYR%20Alt%20Messierbk.jpg

Yes I know have it as I purshased it from you

SUGARBUSH291.jpg