It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

Some people wouldn't like it? I guarantee if you're a true fan of the NHL you wouldn't like it AT ALL.

I agree...keep that garbage in Europe.

I guess after following the NHL for over 30 years, I'm still not a true fan then. <_<

People are so stuck in the old ways sometimes. Like how some people think shootouts have ruined the integrity of the game. I find at least the NHL is more progressive than the other major sports leagues in North America. So if any sport would try to do something different, it's the NHL.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess after following the NHL for over 30 years, I'm still not a true fan then. <_<

People are so stuck in the old ways sometimes. Like how some people think shootouts have ruined the integrity of the game. I find at least the NHL is more progressive than the other major sports leagues in North America. So if any sport would try to do something different, it's the NHL.

Nah, you misinterpreted what I said. LEAVE THE JERSEYS ALONE. That's all I'm trying to say.

Nah, you misinterpreted what I said. LEAVE THE JERSEYS ALONE. That's all I'm trying to say.

Except that detroit and chicago already have ads on their practice jerseys

new ones...

Switzerland home and away game worn jerseys of #7 Streit and #31 Seger signed...:)

001-4.jpg

003-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

I love the jerseys! Your country's national team plays the game with fierce intensity! I always love watching them play Canada and the US because they show such heart and are not intimidated by any means.

The advertisments on the jerseys, in my opinion, are fine. I kind of like them. I dont know if the teams are privately owned in the Swiss league but maybe, if the NHL adopted the ads, the teams with financial dificulties would never have to be OWNED and operated by the NHL itself.

Oh, and I was rooting for Zurich when the NHL teams visited last season. Of course I would have been cheering for Philadelphia if they made the trip, but your Lions proved they can compete at a very high level!

OOF. I had no idea those teams had ads on their practice jerseys. Learn something new everyday.

OOF. I had no idea those teams had ads on their practice jerseys. Learn something new everyday.

Did someone say practice?

There's still a long jump from ads on practice jerseys to what is done in Europe.

AHL jerseys often have small patches for sponsors. It's not horrible, but I'm still not a fan of the idea in the NHL.

htfd_virtue_f_sm.jpghtfd_gilroy_f_sm.jpg

Say no to sponsorships!!!

img_1431.jpg?w=385&h=240

Say no to sponsorships!!!

img_1431.jpg?w=385&h=240

myersphiladelphia-union.gif

Say no to the Union.

From a TFC season ticket holder, and member of a supporters group.

I find it funny people are making fun of soccer in Philly, because when the Flyers came no one thought they would last and that Philly should get a soccer team instead!

I still don't know what soccer is. I hear it's for children, women, and the homeless.

I still don't know what soccer is. I hear it's for children, women, and the homeless.

Union season ticket holder and Lifetime hockey fan here....The first soccer match I went to I saw a player get kicked square in the face and I said to myself this is not the sport I thought it was. I'm hooked.

As for the advertising, Bimbo is the largest bread distributors in North America and they just started showing up in the Philly area, you'll see them in Wawa now.

What if the All star jerseys had ads on them? Which sponser would buy advertising on whose jersey and why? Would a goalie wear an ad for a Swiss cheese brand? Johnson and Johnson shampoo "no more tears..." on Crosby's jersey?

Union season ticket holder and Lifetime hockey fan here....The first soccer match I went to I saw a player get kicked square in the face and I said to myself this is not the sport I thought it was. I'm hooked.

As for the advertising, Bimbo is the largest bread distributors in North America and they just started showing up in the Philly area, you'll see them in Wawa now.

What if the All star jerseys had ads on them? Which sponser would buy advertising on whose jersey and why? Would a goalie wear an ad for a Swiss cheese brand? Johnson and Johnson shampoo "no more tears..." on Crosby's jersey?

Cue the Ozzy Osbourne...

Not to interrupt here, but I just got a jersey in the mail...

Ottawa Senators Edge 1.0

167053_10150121043971294_733211293_8224625_6237208_n.jpg

179604_10150121044041294_733211293_8224626_8016291_n.jpg

And because of a small, yet ever-present, flaw, I got this jersey for a steal on eBay

180226_10150121044086294_733211293_8224627_6772460_n.jpg

But with that said, I'll probably be putting this in the trading-post. Nice jersey, but I'm a Bruins fan (and a bargain-hunter), so hopefully it will end up in the hands of someone who can enjoy it.

Not to interrupt here, but I just got a jersey in the mail...

Ottawa Senators Edge 1.0

But with that said, I'll probably be putting this in the trading-post. Nice jersey, but I'm a Bruins fan (and a bargain-hunter), so hopefully it will end up in the hands of someone who can enjoy it.

Dont forget a lot of us saw that posted in the eBay thread and know what it ended for thumbsup.gif

If you truly will never wear it try and turn it around on eBay, and IF the Sens ever win again it may increase its value.

^ That's why I'm going to try to trade it or have someone make an offer for it. Knowing that many people on this board saw my final bid would make me feel a little uneasy (to say the least) if I put the jersey for sale for some big price. But, if I decide to make a project out of it and send it out for customization/repair, I would post it up for the cost-adjusted price.

I didn't misinterpret you. I offered a different opinion which you didn't like, then you called people out as not true fans if they didn't think the same way as you.

got my first EDGE jersey in today and am actually kind of surprised by it. While I bought it by mistake really and will be selling it, it's nicer than I was expecting.

can someone please clarify something for me though... there are three different materials used on the jersey. the front of the jersey is made out of extremely thin/stretchy material, the sides and rear are made out of more airknit type material, then the shoulders and stripes are made out of a thicker almost ultrafil type material. shame it's not made entirely out of the shoulder material. if it were, I'd love EDGE jerseys. gotta say the cut fits me much better than CCM jerseys, but I still prefer old school ultrafil.

anyway, onto pictures.

IMG_1603_1-vi.jpg

IMG_1601_1-vi.jpg

Nice 'Hawks EDGE. :thumbsup: They aren't as bad as others think, but I still don't like them as a hockey jersey because of how they look and the shape of the jersey compared to the old school "sweaters" and 6100s. From a collector/wearer standpoint I agree they fit nicer than other jersey styles. I own one, a size 50, and it fits pretty well, better than other NHL jerseys I own. Who did the customization for your jersey?

Ok, so this isn't MINE. I really need to share it with you guys anyway though because I literally cannot stop laughing at it.

I know someone who just spent $3,600 (no that is not a typeo) on THIS jersey...

img9113356.jpg

img9113357.jpg

img9113355.jpg

img9113358.jpg

ugh...

Edited by thrashyourfacein