It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

I don't see the issue here. Mike Modano is one of the greatest US-born players of all-time, is the highest scoring American ever and is a sure-fire Hall of Famer. Not to mention that jersey can probably be photo-matched about eighty times over with the burns on the arms and crooked captains' C.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Modano is still listed at MGG for $3595, on consignment. Bit rich for my blood but not really seeing teh funny here.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4734688&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4530&scId=4530

but hes American, ugh

In all seriousness though, I think hes just more surprised at the amount it fetched? I mean, if I remember correctly, your Jagr didnt even get 1/3rd of that right?

edit: not that I'm an expert on gamers prices or anything, at least the price is what stood out to me

I don't really know what your laughing at Modano is one of best American born players ever so I think the price is somewhat justified.

Got these two back yesterday from MLL. They did a good job on them but have raised their prices so they arn't much cheaper then anybody else anymore.

2134472300105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2475754120105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

2145928310105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2938813490105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

but hes American, ugh

In all seriousness though, I think hes just more surprised at the amount it fetched? I mean, if I remember correctly, your Jagr didnt even get 1/3rd of that right?

edit: not that I'm an expert on gamers prices or anything, at least the price is what stood out to me

Are you talking about this puffnuts gamer?

jagr.jpg

Yeah I am laughing at the price and the fact this dude is just going to let this jersey sit in his closet. Has no plans to frame it or anything.

Personally, if I am spending two months of my mortgage on a jersey it's going directly into a frame as soon as I unfold it.

I don't follow the prices of game worn jerseys and their worth to certain players...I just can't even fathom spending that much on a REGULAR season game worn jersey for Modano. . . I'd hate to see his value for a game worn playoff jersey....

My laughing is in no way a knock at Modano so please don't think that. . . I just honestly for my life cannot believe his game worn jersey is $3,600....

Because you don't understand it doesn't make it wrong or stupid. I mean people spend all kinds of money on things like that. That's the market price, just like buying vintage motorcycles, old lunch boxes...etc. If it makes you happy to have it then get it. Now if he had kids and was barely scraping by, that might be more of an intervention situation.

Back on topic... Nice pick ups with the leafs sweaters. You didn't happen to grab one of those HHOF patches for me did ya?

Because you don't understand it doesn't make it wrong or stupid. I mean people spend all kinds of money on things like that. That's the market price, just like buying vintage motorcycles, old lunch boxes...etc. If it makes you happy to have it then get it. Now if he had kids and was barely scraping by, that might be more of an intervention situation.

In Philly, when the Phantoms were in town, every time they had a specialty jersey auction this guy would always bid on Neil Little's game jersey. A career minor leaguer but a good goalie none the less. At times he paid up to $1000.00 for the jersey at auction. Hey, for him it was worth it, he was a big fan and as for the $$$ I think for the most part it went to charity or to fund youth hockey. It actually got to the point that everyone stopped bidding on Little's jerseys cause they new they didn't have a chance or it wasn't worth more than $300.00 to them.

People pay premium for Goalie jerseys, enforcer jerseys, why not for a certain HOF'er jersey?

the modano is a bit pricey but i think isnt such a bad deal, he is a first ballot hall of famer and if payed 3k for a mats naslund i can see someone paying 3500 for a modano.

Mats is my childhood idol i met him when i was six and it was like i met the god. The naslund is probably worth 2k+ i paid 3 i love the jersey its photomatched and hammered and to me its worth 3k. so 3.5 for a modano i can live with that!

The Pens GI Winter Classic jerseys ended up pulling in about $1500 a piece. Michal Neuvirth's jersey pulled about $1600, and he only backed up that game. The market is there as long as someone is willing to pay.

Got these two back yesterday from MLL. They did a good job on them but have raised their prices so they arn't much cheaper then anybody else anymore.

2162723370105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2765832670105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

That blue jersey is SICK!

2162723370105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2765832670105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

######! The Gilmour is so wicked! Some of the best leafs jerseys I've seen!

2312886920106994228S425x425Q85.jpg

Blank 1996-99

Looking to sell or trade.

You should keep that one and put Hasek on it or something! :)

Im happy you like the work done. I had to raise my prices to reflect "retail" pricing as my retail customers were getting upset that they are paying the same as the public.

you are right, i am not that much cheaper than some competitors, but I am much quicker.

Cheers,

Don

Very true. Also, not that much cheaper still is cheaper and the best part is I don't have to sew the stuff on myself like I was doing before.

Like I said you guys did a great job and so far everything I've seen come out of there has been right on the money font wise which is great.

more from Don and MLL.... got these in today

Brilliant will like this one... :)

Got the jersey off Ebay for around $20, it's the old CCM 80's jersey, was great condition

for this type jersey with the screened on fleur-de-lis so I matched it to be as authentic as I can

and got the heat pressed vinyl lettering done, they did great job on it, as like I said

it's not easy finding a place that does the old heat pressed anymore....

DSCN3676.jpg

Completed my Nordiques Hall of Fame collection with this one, lol

CCM 550 jersey. Matched it to a 1986 jersey and font w/captain

01.jpg

02.jpg

and to finish it off Don also did my Raiders jersey, I had this authentic

LaMont Jordan jersey I found on ebay for $39 turned into a Bo Jackson

DSCN3679.jpg

DSCN3685.jpg

Think I'm done for awhile now, lol, unless I see some more jerseys pop up on Ebay for a steal.

major awesome for going with Mario "Goose" Gosselin on that jersey. I used to love/hate him beating the Sabres.

LOL, well it was a tough debate, was deciding either Gosselin or Dan Bouchard.

Mike told me I'd probably be the only person in the world besides Goose himself with

a Gosselin jersey, LMAO.

It's a size XL so I decided to get a goalie this time.