It is good or not?

lafountain

Say's he's selling authentics, and really stresses it in his description. I remember reading they weren't going to sell these authentics to the public. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NHL-Vancouver-Canucks-40th-Anniversary-Authentic-Jersey-/150507564783?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item230af32eef#ht_1268wt_1141

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say's he's selling authentics, and really stresses it in his description. I remember reading they weren't going to sell these authentics to the public. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NHL-Vancouver-Canucks-40th-Anniversary-Authentic-Jersey-/150507564783?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item230af32eef#ht_1268wt_1141

That is indeed interesting. I too thought that they didn't release authentics to the public.. :mellow:

I've bought from that seller before (kevchan777) and he seems legit - but I'm still confused as well ...

It's weird - he's got a Premier pictured, but definitely lists the jerseys and sizes as authentic. The price is low-ish, but still within the realm of possibility for a non-fake. He doesn't appear to be selling any other fakes nor have an history of selling fakes.

I've bought from that seller before (kevchan777) and he seems legit - but I'm still confused as well ...

It's weird - he's got a Premier pictured, but definitely lists the jerseys and sizes as authentic. The price is low-ish, but still within the realm of possibility for a non-fake. He doesn't appear to be selling any other fakes nor have an history of selling fakes.

Its expensive to go for a risk though. I'm leery, but am asking for more pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200532204947&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I picked it up because it was cheap. Any thoughts? Thanks

CCM Vintage 550 replica... brand new they sell around $100-129, so yeah that's a good price.

I just bought two of those (Nordiques) and cheapest I found was $92.00 brand new,

would love to find few more at the price you paid! Good find

Upon some pictures they look legit. He's sending me more, so I'll know tonight for sure.

Once you get them, can you post them here? Thanks.

These are the pictures he's sent me.

Heh I got those too. I'm just waiting for the picture of the fight strap. Lately fake jerseys have been using the real twill piece to connect them. I just want to be 100% sure

That looks good actually. The sleeves are a good giveaway. They don't lay flat like the fakes do. Also, that material is definitely x-trafil. I'd say you're in good shape with it.

Heh I got those too. I'm just waiting for the picture of the fight strap. Lately fake jerseys have been using the real twill piece to connect them. I just want to be 100% sure

Good call. Can you post that picture when he sends it to you? I wanna be 100 percent sure as well.

I'm somewhat new to the jersey game, so I rely on your guy's opinions and info on the jerseys I post tremendously. Thanks again.

Guess I can chime in on this, considering I work for the team store.

The curious thing is that there should be no retail authentics whatsoever. The team orders 2.0's direct from Reebok and play in them, that's it. Looking at the pictures, it's a 1.0. Not what the team wears. If he is ordering directly from Reebok, then I wonder who requested the jerseys be made, because it certainly isn't the Canucks.

We also have no plans to sell the patch, so unless you can find a replica you're out of luck in that regard. As the team owns the rights to the design, fakes are all you'll see. At least for the foreseeable future. I can't speak as to the plans for the future, but I'd doubt you see them produced legitimately for sale.

I can't say it's a fake, but it certainly doesn't make any sense given the knowledge I have.

Guess I can chime in on this, considering I work for the team store.

The curious thing is that there should be no retail authentics whatsoever. The team orders 2.0's direct from Reebok and play in them, that's it. Looking at the pictures, it's a 1.0. Not what the team wears. If he is ordering directly from Reebok, then I wonder who requested the jerseys be made, because it certainly isn't the Canucks.

We also have no plans to sell the patch, so unless you can find a replica you're out of luck in that regard. As the team owns the rights to the design, fakes are all you'll see. At least for the foreseeable future. I can't speak as to the plans for the future, but I'd doubt you see them produced legitimately for sale.

I can't say it's a fake, but it certainly doesn't make any sense given the knowledge I have.

I'm not sure but I think the NHL controls the merchandise side of the teams and I think the nhl has the rights to the team logos and stuff so it's the nhl who says what gets made and what doesn't.

Anyways, nhl.com is also selling authentic 40th anniversary jerseys so the jersey above is definently legit.

authentic 40th jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/80S-RETRO-AUTHENTIC-CCM-BUFFALO-SABRES-JERSEY-SIZE-XL-/300459057207?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45f4c16037

For a CCM Vintage that's a good price. Any chance they are faking these now? Thanks for the help

http://cgi.ebay.com/80S-RETRO-AUTHENTIC-CCM-BUFFALO-SABRES-JERSEY-SIZE-XL-/300459057207?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45f4c16037

For a CCM Vintage that's a good price. Any chance they are faking these now? Thanks for the help

Jersey is legit but it's not the price you should be worried about with this seller - feedback should scare you away!

Here's a picture of the fight strap:

post-1307-128821012499_thumb.jpg

Something seems a bit off. I don't like it. If NHL.com is selling them, buy it from there. Something just seems a bit amiss with the bottom

Why? It looks like a standard fight strap. Everything on that jersey looks good. Ask him where he got it from.

I agree with Brilliant it doesn't look that sketchy to me.

The guy seems to have a legit sporting goods store. He has no history of selling fakes. I bought from him previously and I believe XC did to (the elusive Orca patch if I recall).

I'm usually the first to call someone shady, but this guy seems legit. But if you're worried maybe CryWolf knows if IJ will be carrying these now that it's obvious they exist.

I just thought how the green and blue were attached looked like fakes. Guess I was wrong. I wasn't trying to label it as fake immediately, just my gut feeling was off. Just never want to get burned on a fake edge again. Thanks for the input, which is why I posted the picture!

I just thought how the green and blue were attached looked like fakes. Guess I was wrong. I wasn't trying to label it as fake immediately, just my gut feeling was off. Just never want to get burned on a fake edge again. Thanks for the input, which is why I posted the picture!

Well it looks alot better than this one...

http://www.ecseller.com/15/productshow_4265.htm

:lol::lol::lol: