It is good or not?

lafountain

What do you guys think about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mario-Lemieux-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Hockey-Jersey-CCM-/280554812440?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item41525eb418

Initially, I thought this was a replica from the mid-to-late 1980s. The gold collar struck me of this at first. But, when I saw the sleeve numbers were below the shoulders, I kind of had some doubts. Do you guys think this is still a legit replica but poor customization? Thanks!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mario-Lemieux-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Hockey-Jersey-CCM-/280554812440?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item41525eb418

Initially, I thought this was a replica from the mid-to-late 1980s. The gold collar struck me of this at first. But, when I saw the sleeve numbers were below the shoulders, I kind of had some doubts. Do you guys think this is still a legit replica but poor customization? Thanks!

they did have a gold collar late 80s, but #'s were on shoulders...may be poor customization...but...I have a pro from this time and the front crest then was a heat press not a sewn on version as they state in desc...ask for clarification/extra pics... B)

Ask for better pictures.

I just got a reply from the seller on the Spezza jersey, it's a size 54 and he said "Sorry, can't add pictures".

I think I will stay clear of this one, anytime somebody won't post additional pictures it makes me afraid to go near it. Besides I wear a size 50 Edge anyways so I probably wouldn't be happy with the sizing.

Is that supposed to be an EDGE style jersey? It kind of bugs me the seller does not give the size because the distance from the front crest to the bottom of the front of the jersey is kind of short for a jersey IMO. Do what xcdude said and ask for more pictures because it's awfully difficult for me to obtain any other useful information from the images the seller provided. My eyes could be playing tricks on me, but I can't see how that jersey has an EDGE-cut to it. :huh:

It's suppose to be an Edge jersey.

I have an opportunity to buy this...

Orr Jersey

Is this for real?? Does it look like a real 1970s jersey to you all??

Any quick replies are appreciated as I have it offered to me right now.

thanks

Eh...I don't know about that. It looks way too new to be from the 1970's. The material doesn't look like durene either. It almost looks like somebody took the Wilson tag off of something else, put it in the collar and slapped a #4 on it. I wouldn't waste my money if I were you.

Please read carefully before bidding

This jersey hasn't been worn by Joe Sakic! He's been worn during the early 80's with the number 1 screen printed on back. In the early 90's, the number 1 has been removed and then personnalized with tackle twill number 19 and Sakic name. The jersey is a Maska size 52 and shows many marks of wear as you can see on the picture. Number and logos are sewn. But the "fleurs de lys" at bottom and shoulders are screen printed and some are almost disappeared. There is no fight strap on the jersey. I don't know if it's been removed or just never been there. Don't hesitate if you have any questions. Shipping 15$ in North America.

I dunno maybe he's right.

Oh my God! If that was a #1 game-worn jersey, then it could have been worn by Michel Plasse. It's pretty clearly a Maska pro jersey with the tag in the collar and the more spread out fleur-du-lis on the bottom. Plasse was on the team in 1980-81 and 1981-82 too so the Maska timing works out. The missing strap makes sense too since most goalies don't strap down their jerseys. ARGH!!! WHY WOULD ANYONE ALTER A GAME-WORN NORDS JERSEY??? You should be thrown in jail for that.

This can't be right.....

My link

I agree with Brilliant! I think that looks like a legit jersey, whether it's game worn or a Maska authentic. Foolish, very foolish to even touch that thing. I can't believe that guy tried to alter it, what a dunce!!!

I've sent him a message asking him if he was the one who had it removed. I'm wondering if it can be restored. Obviously it won't be close to the same but if I could get the numbers off clean, I may...MAY be able to have a new kit put on it.

I've sent him a message asking him if he was the one who had it removed. I'm wondering if it can be restored. Obviously it won't be close to the same but if I could get the numbers off clean, I may...MAY be able to have a new kit put on it.

Did he get back to you? I'm curious to see if he was the one that altered it.

• 2 weeks later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250693205952&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

what up with this one?

its got a meigray tag but the custom looks bad.

Looks to me like someone faked the tag

Looks to me like someone faked the tag

I feel bad for Alain Nasreddine, that MeiGray number (E05768) is from his Winter Classic jersey and it's on nearly all of the fakes.

hey guys, just won this today for a whopping 10 dollars. Obviously the customization job is horrible and will be stripped, and I don't really care about the autograph, but do you guys think the ccm replica is legit? The only thing that looked a little off to me is the ccm and lightning logo seem a little far in the middle on the back. Anyway just looking for some input.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Not Bad

Is there anybody that inforces this fake jersey thing? Like a public body?

Yes. US!

This could be a good deal if its real.I have never seen a fake Blue jackets jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-Columbus-Blue-Jackets-Hockey-Jersey-/250699090562?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3a5ed48a82

Yeah that is true but i woulden't see a reason to fake a Blue Jackets jersey better yet put Munro on the back :lol:

I thought the exact same thing about Munro. Unless it's all part of his master plan to make you think it's so improbable it must be real. Devious!

I have never seen a fake Blue jackets jersey ...

I actually have on DHGate somewhere a while ago customized as Nash.

I do agree the Munro looks good though.