It is good or not?

lafountain

Thoughts on this one? The seller didnt purchase so he doesnt seem to know much about the ones he's selling. That and the 0 transactions seem fishy.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261715847528?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

All the jerseys from that seller are knockoffs.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It's been said here many times before, but bears repeating- replicas are almost never faked.

Almost, but it is clearly a fake. It even has the reebok patch on the front of it. Hence this is a fake replica!

It also has an "authentic" style Reebok neck tag, so doesn't that also make it a fake authentic? :)

I'd love to get all of your opinions on this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121530013978

Everything looks good to me except I'm confused on the neck tag. It's the wordmark while the wordmarks weren't used until a couple years later. Also, no barcode on the tag. Everything else he sells looks legit and he doesn't have any negative feedback. Maybe this is almost like a re-issue? Can anyone help me out here? It's a great price and one of my dream jerseys. Thanks in advance and I look forward to becoming a bigger part of the community!

That is a legit 1.0 jersey. He's had those for sale forever. Go for it.

Also, that's not a wordmark logo. That is a vector logo.

Edited by thebiggoalie

He's talking about the neck tag, not the logo under the back collar.

Lazermcblazer, the wordmark neck tag has been used on Edges since around 2008, even though the wordmark logo did not start to appear under the back collar until 2011. The jersey is a legit original retail authentic.

Great, thanks all, so excited to finally have the funds to land this one. Planning on sending it out to get customized with Crosby.

Great, thanks all, so excited to finally have the funds to land this one. Planning on sending it out to get customized with Crosby.

Don't be that guy! Just kidding. I went with Conklin just to be different.

I know, I know. My first jersey I ever got was this jersey/Crosby, but as I've gotten more into collecting the past year, I figured out it was counterfeit (albeit, pretty quickly). My dad got it for me while on a business trip to China (d'oh!) and I'd like to replace it with the real deal as it's one of my favorite jerseys of all-time. I was thinking about doing Gonchar instead but, as a Pens fan, feel like I need to have at least one Crosby before moving on to the more obscure guys. Conklin was a great choice! Next jersey is going to be a new third 2.0/Hornqvist!

I'm pretty new to buying jerseys and need some help on a Datsyuk Winter Classic 2014 Jersey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAVEL-DATSYUK-2014-WINTER-CLASSIC-DETROIT-RED-WINGS-RBK-PREMIER-JERSEY-W-PATCH-/350796544120

I'm looking for the top quality one released around that Winter Classic last year, I think it was $250 when it was still on NHL.com. I'm also considering ordering from here if they are still available:

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=88232

Honestly, I know that one is legit, I just want to make sure before I drop $200+. Thanks for the help

It's legit, but it's just a replica, not the 'top quality one.' Also, it has a nameplate which would probably annoy me, Wings never use them.

I don't know what options you're going to have for authentics anymore, because the game was a year ago and they're probably not making any new ones.

It's legit, but it's just a replica, not the 'top quality one.' Also, it has a nameplate which would probably annoy me, Wings never use them.

I don't know what options you're going to have for authentics anymore, because the game was a year ago and they're probably not making any new ones.

But did they ever sell those to the public? I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to find them then and I definitely can't find any now.

The authentics were definitely sold to the public; many members here have them. You can still easily get some of the Maple Leafs WC jerseys though.

JerseyBaron also has a prelettered one here, although I don't know how accurate the customization is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSYUK-DETROIT-RED-WINGS-2014-WINTER-CLASSIC-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-HOCKEY-JERSEY-/291052452039?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&var=&hash=item896d8d5a31

I'm also remembering that Reebok sold 2 different authentic versions- the on-ice Edge 2.0 (7287) like the ones sold by JerseyBaron, and the Indonesian-made 7231, which is somewhat different than what the players wore.