It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kovalev is definitely an authentic starter jersey. Kovalev did wear that style in his second stint with the Rangers and stitching looks good to me.

Do you think this is a legitimate Reebok Premier jersey? From what I can tell it looks ok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/taylor-hall-reebok-premier-jersey-large-edmonton-oilers-/181638085845?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a4a793cd5

As for Reebok Premier jerseys, when did the back Reebok logo switch from the vector logo to the standard "Reebok" name spelled out? I'm only curious as I'm looking at a Vrbata Premier jersey, but I'm not sure if his tenure with PHO was before/after/or coincided with the logo change. Here's the item I was looking at for reference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Radim-Vrbata-17-Arizona-Phoenix-Coyotes-Reebok-Mens-Jersey-Size-Large-/321641574249?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ae354ef69

He was indeed on the team when jerseys still used the vector logo. They used it until 2011-2012, i believe. He was on the coyotes in 09-10 and 10-11. FYI, this was part of his second stint with the coyotes.

Edited by scarchelli

He was indeed on the team when jerseys still used the vector logo. They used it until 2011-2012, i believe. He was on the coyotes in 09-10 and 10-11. FYI, this was part of his second stint with the coyotes.

Thanks for shedding some light on that!

Hey guys, I've been viewing this forum for a while and just decided to sign up. I really like what you guys are doing since it helps people like me spot fake jerseys or fishy items on Ebay. So with that said, do you think this replica Malkin looks legit or is it a fake? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-JERSEY-/321641607690?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ae355720a

Looks legit to me, but id wait to hear definitively from one of experts here.

On a side note, how common are counterfeit replicas? I would assume not at all since a counterfeit authentic costs so little to produce.

It does appear to be legit. Just fyi, Premiers, as well as other replicas, are almost never faked. It's the authentics, with number sizes and fight straps, which are commonly faked and are the ones you need to be very cautious about.

What is the reasoning for the different arrangement of tags at the neck of these two Starter Jerseys ?

The best I can tell from my limited experience both jerseys look legit yet they have the two different arrangements of tags in the neck. As always Thanks! I learn something new everyday that I read this forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151544260533

z9YEtE6.jpg?1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331442120074

Faeasj9.jpg

What is the reasoning for the different arrangement of tags at the neck of these two Starter Jerseys ?

The best I can tell from my limited experience both jerseys look legit yet they have the two different arrangements of tags in the neck. As always Thanks! I learn something new everyday that I read this forum.

Honestly, it just depended on who was on the job that day.

1996/97 Starter retail authentic jerseys (at least the ones from El Salvador) always have those 3 tags together, but this is the first time I've ever seen one of the tags to the side of the others. You don't usually see the NHL Player tag on a Starter either, so I assume the first one was precustomized at the factory. One thing about Starters is that they stitch the tags through the collar area of the jersey, all the way around each tag with very visible white thread, so it looks like a mess from the back of the jersey with all those stitches visible. I would guess they put the Starter tag on the side so that the rectangular stitch patterns would look more symmetrical when visible from the back. Plus there's no way they could stitch all 4 tags in a single column, because the bottom one would fall where the player name would be, so arranging the tags like they did would also be due to a simple matter of a lack of space.

Honestly, it just depended on who was on the job that day.

1996/97 Starter retail authentic jerseys (at least the ones from El Salvador) always have those 3 tags together, but this is the first time I've ever seen one of the tags to the side of the others. You don't usually see the NHL Player tag on a Starter either, so I assume the first one was precustomized at the factory. One thing about Starters is that they stitch the tags through the collar area of the jersey, all the way around each tag with very visible white thread, so it looks like a mess from the back of the jersey with all those stitches visible. I would guess they put the Starter tag on the side so that the rectangular stitch patterns would look more symmetrical when visible from the back. Plus there's no way they could stitch all 4 tags in a single column, because the bottom one would fall where the player name would be, so arranging the tags like they did would also be due to a simple matter of a lack of space.

Thank you both! As always you get great answers and can learn so much on here.

This how the Tkachuck that I bought from the Starter liqidation in 2000 came.

20150114_144853_zpsknnhx6dr.jpg

Notice how close the shoulder patches are to the collar. This is a perfect example of how the 96-97 Starter Coyotes El Salvador retail authentics were made. I have some later El Salvador and Wisconsin made ones that have the shoulders corrected whereas the patches are away from the collar and the back yoke is straighter, and doesn't come to a point in the middle like this one does.

Edited by rabinsurance

Interesting. Those neck tags look like they're sewn on unusually crooked. Must look kind of strange from the back of the jersey...

Interesting. Those neck tags look like they're sewn on unusually crooked. Must look kind of strange from the back of the jersey...

20150114_162323_zpsa6nfdug3.jpg

Sorry, my bad. They look straight and just fine from the back. Maybe I should have my eyes checked.

Sorry, my bad. They look straight and just fine from the back. Maybe I should have my eyes checked.

Maybe it's a combination of the jersey being slightly askew in the first photo and the shoulder yoke having a rake?

It was the angle I placed the jersey when taking the shot. I wanted all the tags visible. The NHLPA tag is slightly crooked.

Edited by rabinsurance

Did someone sew a Meigrey patch onto this jersey themselves? Can't imagine Crosby wearing a 48 with gear on:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Sidney-Crosby-Pittsburgh-Penguins-2008-Winter-Classic-Mens-48-CCM-/151545754397?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2348d4b31d

Yeah that is incredibly fake.

RBK Edge jerseys don't come in 48's.

And no player in the NHL would ever wear one, if they did.

Even the smallest guys wear 52's.