It is good or not?

lafountain

Did someone sew a Meigrey patch onto this jersey themselves? Can't imagine Crosby wearing a 48 with gear on:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Sidney-Crosby-Pittsburgh-Penguins-2008-Winter-Classic-Mens-48-CCM-/151545754397?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2348d4b31d

Yeah certainly fake ... another one of the Meigrey "Groop" tags

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I knew it was fake right off the bat, just have never seen the fake MeiGray patch either. Gave me a good laugh. I guess it's more common than I thought!

Nope. Edges from 2007 to around 2010 had a size tag with CCM on it. They recently brought the CCM back, and you can see it on virtually all the new 2.0's made during the past year or so.

See my post earlier in this thread:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2060&p=154714

Edited by LAK74

Not necessarily. They may just be using some leftover tags from last year or before. To see when your jersey was made, look at the white sticker on the sleeve hang tag, and there's usually another one on the wash tag inside the jersey.

Ah yea, i meant to check that. Gotta wait now until next week because tts has it now. I got it rushed for an extra $25 so ill have it tuesday (1/20).

Edited by scarchelli

Since this somewhat relates to the conversation, when did they change the NHL shield material? For the 13-14 season? Just got a jersey with the new material (is it Lextra or something like that, the same stuff that is on the football sleeves) and I like it!

Nope. Edges from 2007 to around 2010 had a size tag with CCM on it. They recently brought the CCM back, and you can see it on virtually all the new 2.0's made during the past year or so.

See my post earlier in this thread:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2060&p=154714

Ah, okay. My Edge 2.0 was made June 2014 and doesn't have the CCM tag. I was unaware any 2.0's had them.

Since this somewhat relates to the conversation, when did they change the NHL shield material? For the 13-14 season? Just got a jersey with the new material (is it Lextra or something like that, the same stuff that is on the football sleeves) and I like it!

The first time I remember seeing them was in the 2010-11 season, when they appeared on the All-Star jerseys. Since then, most of the new jersey designs that appeared after that started featuring them. Today, even older designs that have been around for a while and formerly featured the old shield, have now started to use the Lextra shield. For example, around 75% of Kings players have the new shield on the first 2 sets of black jerseys this season. On the whites (set 1), only about 25% have the new shield. For now you'll probably see a mixture of the 2 shield types on game jerseys, but I think the old shield will be phased out very soon.

Edited by LAK74

The first time I remember seeing them was in the 2010-11 season, when they appeared on the All-Star jerseys. Since then, most of the new jersey designs that appeared after that started featuring them. Today, even older designs that have been around for a while and formerly featured the old shield, have now started to use the Lextra shield. For example, around 75% of Kings players have the new shield on the first 2 sets of black jerseys this season. On the whites (set 1), only about 25% have the new shield. For now you'll probably see a mixture of the 2 shield types on game jerseys, but I think the old shield will be phased out very soon.

Hey LAK74 (and others who may be able to help me out), I've recently started frequenting Ice Jerseys again after a brief hiatus and noticed the term Lextra come up more often. I can see some of the differences in the material and the Lextra shields certainly look a lot flatter. I am curious if that has a major effect on the thickness when sewn on the jersey. Would they be as pronounced as the Edge 1.0/early release 2.0's (à la tb426's photo)?

Hope you all don't mind that I quoted a photo and a justifiable place for a quick question/answer/photo answer. Cheers all!

02.jpg

I'm not sure if it's what you are talking about, but the shield on my Devils Stadium Series jersey is paper thin in comparison to the others I have seen. Much better in the event your jersey gets pulled at the neck a little, no more getting stabbed.

Much better in the event your jersey gets pulled at the neck a little, no more getting stabbed.

Perhaps, but apparently this is what happens if you pull too hard on a Lextra shield! (Kyle Clifford gamer.)

image_zpsecaa850a.jpg

I also noticed on my first authentic the other day that the nhl shield could stab me in the throat if I wasnt careful, haha.

Ah, nice pic LAK.

Edited by scarchelli

I'm not sure if it's what you are talking about, but the shield on my Devils Stadium Series jersey is paper thin in comparison to the others I have seen. Much better in the event your jersey gets pulled at the neck a little, no more getting stabbed.

Perhaps, but apparently this is what happens if you pull too hard on a Lextra shield! (Kyle Clifford gamer.)

mfitz, you indirectly answered my question, so it works out in the end haha. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I was under the impression that the Lextra shields (most prominent in the newer releases - Stadium Series, ASG) are fairly thin from photos here and there, but LAK74, your photo of Clifford's gamer seals the deal! :o:lol:

Edited by mac1124

I have a chance to get a signed white starter Rangers jersey, but my question is the authintic quality of it. It has the double taged starter logo material seems to be correct, but one major concern is no fight strap.

Can you post pictures?

Unfortunately I didn't take any left the event to get lunch. It doesn't look like it was one that had one then removed. Plus it still has tags. I would say from about 98. I'm probably going back to take some. It's $450

You're talking about the home jersey, not the white Liberty, right? And there were double S-star (without wordmark) logos and NHL shields on the hem?

Well, if it had those logos and it was made of the same nylon mesh, then it sounds like it was an authentic. Don't know why it wouldn't have a fight strap, though. Even a fake would have a fight strap.

May as well use this opportunity to ask the Rangers fans here- I didn't think Gretzky was ever captain or even alternate captain, but I have seen photos (apparently game photos) of Gretzky wearing a "C" on his Rangers jersey. Does anyone know why or on what occasion(s) he would have worn a C?