It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thecaptain19: those replicas were definitely sold to the public, especially at places like Dunham's and 's Sporting Goods locations in Michigan. They have namebars, which the team on the ice did not, and many of the replicas lack the Winter Classic patch on the shoulder (although the one you liked to seems to have it). In addition, they were usually only available in Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Howard, and they do not have the Edge jersey tail. The replicas also had red embroidery on the crest instead of chain stitching.

On the other hand, if you find an authentic, you could send it to Sports Haven (Red Wings official team customizer), or if you don't mind the replica, you could get a blank replica and send it to Sports Haven. That way, it wouldn't have the name bar and it would be customized right. It would take a little more work but it would look better.

The letters aren't terrible, but they are definitely off. The 7's are awful- WAY too wide, and the sloped part of the number is angled too far to the left. The jersey looks like it's missing a nameplate, as well as an alternate captain's "A."

Edited by LAK74

Does any of you have experience with that seller? I'm looking for an authentic Bob Badger patch and I was wondering if that one is trustworthy real or not:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BADGER-BOB-JOHNSON-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-COMMEMORATIVE-UNIFORM-JERSEY-PATCH-JF-/310412456357?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item48460631a5

Thanks a lot

Was looking at the same jersey it looks off to me as I looked at others from the same year ,

I was looking at that one also, but with a mind toward stripping it anyway.

For the good of the group, I did contact the seller because it was listed as a 52 in one place in the listing and 56 in another.

He confirmed that it is in fact a 56.

It looks basically indistinguishable from the original, at least to my eyes. See for yourself:

image_zps4b9c8d04.jpg

image_zps7879ff4d.jpg

I don't think the name is curved from the way it is hanging, it looks like it was done arched.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-Patrick-Kane-Reebok-Edge-2-0-Authentic-Hockey-Jersey-/271732107052?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f447ee72c

What am i missing here? Its an edge 1.0 but with the reebok word not vector logo, therefore it never existed (for kane). Is it just that the seller got it and had it customized after the vector stopped being used?

just occured to me hes referring to it as a edge 2.0 in the title and description. I was looking at the tag pic which says 7187.

Edited by scarchelli

You're not missing anything here; the jersey is not a 1.0, it's actually a 2.0 like the listing says. You can see the airknit texture quite clearly in a few of the photos.

For many years the 2.0's have used the same size tags as the 1.0's- they all say 7187, so don't go by the size tag when differentiating between the 2. During the past year or so the Canadian flag size tag changed slightly- it now says CCM on it, and the 7187 has been removed.

I don't think the name is curved from the way it is hanging, it looks like it was done arched.

Thanks. Aside from the customization, do you think it looks like a legitimate Starter replica?

Thanks. Aside from the customization, do you think it looks like a legitimate Starter replica?

I'd leave that to one of our other members with more expertise, but typically the answer is, they didn't make fake Starter replicas.

Interesting. On the newer 2.0's made during the last year or so, they brought back the CCM logo on the size tag, like they used to have on the Edges from 2007 to around 2010, after which they removed it. But the new CCM tags seemed to have dropped the 7187 designation, but it's still there on yours. It doesn't make your 2.0 any less legit though, don't sweat it. :)

You're very welcome. Your tag looks very much like the old one used on both 1.0's and 2.0's from 2007 to around 2010 (at least for NHL jerseys). The first pic is from one of my 2.0 gamers from 2009/10, and the tag has the CCM logo and the 7187 designation. The second pic is of a brand new retail 2.0 (made in Nov. 2014), which even features the Lextra NHL shield, which the Kings haven't yet fully switched over to on their road jerseys. This tag also features the CCM logo, but as you can see, it's a bit shorter and does not have the 7187 on it, unlike yours.

image_zps8d2c8cc3.jpg

image_zps84bf4c1f.jpg