It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

If I were to buy a Team Issued jersey from say, Meigray, of a no-brand player for fairly cheap, stripped it, and got it crested with a good player's name on it, perhaps with a rare patch some how, how much of a profit could I make?

I did something similar with a jersey I got from Meigray for about $150, and I literally just made about a $200 profit on it after stripping it and getting it crested. This was a Ryan Smyth 2006 SCF jersey.

What if I were to invest in say, a 2011 SCF H. Sedin jersey?

I'm not familiar with this model jersey, but just by looking at the details, I can say that's a pretty legit-looking front crest and Reebok logo, and I don't see anything wrong with the NHL shield- it looks just like the ones on Premiers and Indo-Edges (but not the same as the ones on 1.0's and 2.0's). I know that these type jerseys are available as replicas, which would explain the lack of fight strap as well as the letter sizes (as opposed to numeric authentic sizes). I'd guess that it's a legit replica jersey.

What are thoughts on these? I'm not that interested in these, because I'd need to strip both of them. The other one is also quite pricey. So just out of curiosity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-CCM-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Authentic-Jaromir-Jagr-Jersey-sz-52-NHL-Center-Ice-/291297303188?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43d2ac1a94

The fight strap doesn't look good to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Authentic-Kevin-Stevens-Pittsburgh-Penguins-1992-CCM-Center-Ice-Jersey-54-/311143644019?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item48719b3b73

Don't find nothing really wrong with this one, only the fact that the seller has fake jerseys on sale.

What are thoughts on these? I'm not that interested in these, because I'd need to strip both of them. The other one is also quite pricey. So just out of curiosity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-CCM-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Authentic-Jaromir-Jagr-Jersey-sz-52-NHL-Center-Ice-/291297303188?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43d2ac1a94

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Authentic-Kevin-Stevens-Pittsburgh-Penguins-1992-CCM-Center-Ice-Jersey-54-/311143644019?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item48719b3b73

Don't find nothing really wrong with this one, only the fact that the seller has fake jerseys on sale.

Taking all custom jobs etc aside the two jerseys themselves are both legit.

Thank's for your helpLAK47, would it be ok to be used in rec hockey training? I have never owned a replica?

Be aware that replicas aren't the same quality as authentics. They might be easily damaged, snagged, pulled etc., depending how hard you train off course ;-)

Edited by Silverback53

I only own one Reebok replica practice jersey, which I imagine might be similar to this one for sale. Certainly it's not as ruggedly-constructed as most authentics, but it doesn't strike me as extraordinarily flimsy either. I just can't really answer your question because I don't know for sure that my jersey is just like the one you're thinking of buying, and I also don't know how rough your level of play will be.

The first jersey is definitely legit, but in the picture the fight strap buttons almost look like they're white. I'm sure that's just an artifact; they should be silver and have a raised, rounded surface, which is correct for that year jersey. Starting with the 1991/92 season, the fight strap buttons started to have a flat surface, and they've been that way ever since.

The second jersey is also legit, and it was discussed earlier in this thread. We pretty much determined that the 1992 Cup patch and the Badger Bob patch looked like originals, but the Pens 25th Anniversary patch did not.

I only own one Reebok replica practice jersey, which I imagine might be similar to this one for sale. Certainly it's not as ruggedly-constructed as most authentics, but it doesn't strike me as extraordinarily flimsy either. I just can't really answer your question because I don't know for sure that my jersey is just like the one you're thinking of buying, and I also don't know how rough your level of play will be.

We, aren't rough, I'm learning to play, the most contact it will have is the ice lol. Thanks for your help LAK47.

What do you guys think about this one? Hard to tell from the pictures, not sure the numbers a glacier twill. Or perhaps the whole thing is fake, I can't tell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131351921893?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's legit at least. Can't tell about the glacier twill.

Edit: The seller has another similar jersey for sale, except that it's customized for Gary Roberts. In one of the photos, you can barely see the top of the alternate captain A, and the white twill does look like it's glacier. Since the seller says he got both jerseys at the same place (Team store), you can probably assume the Crosby one also has glacier twill. You can always ask the seller though, if you want to be absolutely sure.

Edited by LAK74

I think it'd be safe for me to say that you can check out Jersey Baron for any authentic jersey, including Rangers. I'm not sure if anyone else knows a cheaper place for them, though.

River City Sports has home 2.0's for $299 which is cheaper than JB

S/M is usually a youth size.

The nameplate alone should be a dead giveaway.

I never understand when people say this. how could the nameplate be a giveaway that a jersey is fake? It could always be a real jersey with crappy customization.