It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's stained. I'm miffed. But for 45 bucks I'll take it. I'm cautious because for some teams the fakes are getting "good". Rangers fakes have flatter numbers and badly sitched crests now, and big straps.

I wasn't sure if it was team issued. I knew when they wear and issue them they cut the tags, but I didn't think this was one. We will wait and see! Thanks for the input. :)

It looks like a legit 1.0. It might not be team-issued, though. If it were, it would not have a Reebok brand neck tag, but the size tag would be stitched directly to the back of the jersey, and the team does not remove it. For retail jerseys, the size tag is sewn directly to the Reebok neck tag, not to the jersey. So to me it seems just as likely that this is a retail jersey, and the Reebok tag/size tag assembly either came off or was removed for some reason.

Good call^. Retail or not I'm happy with what I'm supposedly getting. I don't think I've ever gotten such a good deal before... assuming this is a legit 1.0.

Thanks, idk if I can afford it right now after I just bought my Tarasenko jersey Friday so feel free to order it if u want. Lol Wish I could though.

Edit: Dang I want it so bad. :( Say I did order it... What year is that one from?

Edited by STL Blues Fan

If you're patient, you will come across a much better deal eventually. Those team-issued 6100's are no different from a retail authentic, save the missing neck tag. I found a Blues Reebok 6100 like that, new with tags, for $49.

Thanks, that makes me feel better about not getting it. :) I'd more like a game issued current jersey next anyway. Our team now is better than that team imo.

Now if I could get one from the Hull, MacInnis, Pronger, Gretzky era that be different maybe. :)

Edited by STL Blues Fan

This came a while ago for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221546010497?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I know it's authentic and probably retail, most likely; But verify? I'm happy with it either way.

Yes, it's retail. Worn from 2000-04.

*edit*

should have looked over the listing more carefully. It's retail in a sense that it has the big ccm tag in the neck area that would be missing if it was from the team. However, there are instances where teams would use a retail jersey for a last minute call up or late addition to the team. The seller is a member here and I don't think they are lying like you said in your post in the arrivals thread.

I knew it was that timeframe. I'm not too smart on all the issue and worn deets though. Still nice to have, is getting stripped now and then customized soon

I've been looking for one of these for a while, the price is a little higher than I want to spend but I'm mulling it over.

My question, shouldn't the crest be twill on this?

I just want to confirm everything before I consider it further.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291285605953?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks!

I've been looking for one of these for a while, the price is a little higher than I want to spend but I'm mulling it over.

My question, shouldn't the crest be twill on this?

I just want to confirm everything before I consider it further.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291285605953?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks!

That crest is bad. It should be individually sewn layers of twill. That is a crest from a replica jersey. And, it looks like it was cut off (notice the lack of white border on the outside) and it looks to have been glued onto the jersey it is on.

I was looking at this one too. Looks fishy. Look at the first pic vs. the 5th in line (of the neck). there is no tag in the first pic but there is in the other...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNWT-VERY-RARE-VINTAGE-1991-NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-CCM-NHL-JERSEY-mens-52-PRO-/291285605953?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43d1f99e41

Nevermind - someone much smarter than me pointed out that it was the way the jersey is hanging.

Edited by rgoss22

That crest is bad. It should be individually sewn layers of twill. That is a crest from a replica jersey. And, it looks like it was cut off (notice the lack of white border on the outside) and it looks to have been glued onto the jersey it is on.

It's glued on. Confirmed by the seller himself. He does not see any stitching. I asked a question about how the crest was attached to the jersey. Edited by Silverback53

This is my jersey by the way. It is nice, but too large for me and I have too many jerseys in the closet. As I said in the description, it never left the house after I got it. I prefer the EDGE cut anyway.

I'll also be listing an Away EDGE 2.0 58+ in the now-old style and a Home EDGE 1.0 52 David Perron in the coming days. Look for my Roman Polak 09-10 Set 1 Home gamer to go up too as soon as I retrieve the LOA from my parents' house.

Edited by ncthorn

It's glued on. Confirmed by the seller himself. He does not see any stitching. I asked a question about how the crest was attached to the jersey.

I was going to go with "stuck on with chewing gum", but glued makes sense too. its not even on straight

I get the idea that that seller has no clue about real or fake authentics or am I just naive?

I get the idea that that seller has no clue about real or fake authentics or am I just naive?

The jersey itself is legit, it just has an improper crest. The original twill crest must have been removed at one time or another and replaced with a embrioded one from a replica etc.

And to be fair if he is not a jersey affincido this would go un noticed by most people, unless he himself swapped the crests obviously.

Edited by NuJerzeyDevil

I've seen a few Ebay sellers listing jerseys that either never had the crest or it has been removed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TEAM-ISSUED-CCM-NHL-NEW-YORK-ISLANDERS-BLANK-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-SIZE-54-/390964205811?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5b074858f3

Back in the mid 90's I spoke with the guy who lettered all the team jerseys for Calgary and he told me they received blank jerseys and had to add the crest / numbers and any other patches.

Not sure if this was the same for all teams but this probably was an uncrested jersey (possibly team issued only based off of the NHL shield) that somebody slapped a junk crest on to try and get top dollar.

Again, only speculation I'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGQpjCztgA