It is good or not?

lafountain

I'm really still terrible at this mid 2000's model. Anyone? I think it's good, but I always get nervous on these ones.

I'm asking about the jersey itself. Fully plan to strip and re-customize. Hopefully making a trade with the guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281426737369?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's legit. (Also, I have a blank of that style in my sales thread for cheaper)

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This cheap usually means too good to be true, even if he was traded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ottawa-Senators-Jason-Spezza-jersey-Auth-52-/231324214429?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35dbff649d

Edited by A Young Rookie Learnin

It's fake. The white outer edge of the front crest is not cut accurately, the fight strap attachment looks suspect, and the fabric panels on the back of the jersey are not properly shaped.

It's fake. The white outer edge of the front crest is not cut accurately, the fight strap attachment looks suspect, and the fabric panels on the back of the jersey are not properly shaped.

Thanks LAK!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Rangers-Mark-Messier-CCM-Heroes-of-Hockey-Home-Jersey-/261542970826?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item3ce52d05ca

It looks right, but according to NHL Uniform database, the Rangers didn't wear this style in the year it claims to be (says '93-'94 on the jock tag). The white should not extend all the way to the hem and the sleeve stripe is wrong. It appears to be the later 90's version but without the laced collar. Thoughts?

That's one of those "Team Classics / Heroes of Hockey" line that Reebok/CCM has put out in the last 2-4 years. It's a legit replica but the problem is CCM did not do a good job with accuracy, especially with the striping. They have had issues with the accuracy with this line (as well as in the CCM Vintage line) and this is one example.

You answered your own questions and concerns. Those are inaccurate replicas......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Rangers-Mark-Messier-CCM-Heroes-of-Hockey-Home-Jersey-/261542970826?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item3ce52d05ca

It looks right, but according to NHL Uniform database, the Rangers didn't wear this style in the year it claims to be (says '93-'94 on the jock tag). The white should not extend all the way to the hem and the sleeve stripe is wrong. It appears to be the later 90's version but without the laced collar. Thoughts?

It's some sort of terrible remake. For the price, you could find an authentic, and for a little extra, get it properly customized with whomever you want.

That is a terrible remake... The Rangers never wore the collared jersey with the red and white hem running together.. The collared jerseys had separated stripes on the hem. The tie down collared jerseys had the red and white stripes running together on the blue jersey.. It may be a legit CCM remake, but very inaccurate!

Edited by enzo269

Replicas aren't often perfect in terms of striping,

Etc.

It looks like a legit replica to me.

The patch in that photo is an original. But that is not what you will get if you order it from that seller. You will get a decent-looking repro, but it's not the same as what's in the photo. Trust me, I already ordered that same patch from the seller. She did cheerfully give me a refund, but I did waste some time and money trying to return it.

Btw Snaxpak, if you want to know what that seller's actual patch looks like, let me know. I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere, so I can probably post a picture of it later, if you like.

Btw Snaxpak, if you want to know what that seller's actual patch looks like, let me know. I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere, so I can probably post a picture of it later, if you like.

If you could post the picture of the patch it would be appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-USED-NHL-75TH-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH-VERY-HARD-TO-FIND-/171418341808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e95451b0

I think this one is an authentic if someone will back me up, but if you are just putting it on a replica then there is really no need to spend that type of money haha :P.

FuzzyPenguin, yes, the patch (in that photo at least) is an authentic.

Snaxpak, I'll post the pic of the repro patch very soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-USED-NHL-75TH-ANNIVERSARY-PATCH-VERY-HARD-TO-FIND-/171418341808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e95451b0

I think this one is an authentic if someone will back me up, but if you are just putting it on a replica then there is really no need to spend that type of money haha :P.

If I bought that authentic one then I would end up spending more on the patch than the jersey! haha

I recently found an original on eBay for $10. Sometimes you get lucky if you look hard enough.

Snaxpak, this is the actual patch sold by dawn2dawn2010 (texture shows up a little differently without and with flash).

image_zpsf25f5308.jpg

image_zpsdcc770cb.jpg

I also took 2 closeups which show a couple of the best ways to tell the difference between an authentic and a reproduction.

Repro:

image_zpsef18e1d6.jpg

Authentic:

image_zpsb2c9c22b.jpg

On the repro, if you look at the black borders of the 7, 5 and even the NHL shield, the lines are fairly clean and sharp. On the authentics, the borders are noticeably more fuzzy. It's kind of like drawing a straight line with a fat tip felt pen on a porous surface. The ink bleeds to the left and right of the line, so the edges of the line end up with indistinct, fuzzy borders.

If you look at the horizontal bars extending from the left of the 7, the repros tend to have fairly uniformly-shaped bars. On the authentics, the embroidering is less precise and more sloppy-looking. The bars more readily show that they are made up of a series of up-and-down squiggles that resemble a seismographic printout. The lines on the far left are often much more crooked-looking than they appear on most repros.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271601355216

95% sure it is legit, but can someone tell me more about this jersey? Don't see them too often. Lots of opinions about Starter. Thanks.

It's legit and starter jerseys are pretty nice in my opinion even though I prefer the starter mesh material. That one will be very similar to ultrafil which is nice to. If you want a nice jersey though just go with a penguins jersey :thumbsup:

Perfectly legit 1996/97 Bruins.

It's legit and starter jerseys are pretty nice in my opinion even though I prefer the starter mesh material. That one will be very similar to ultrafil which is nice to. If you want a nice jersey though just go with a penguins jersey :thumbsup:

Perfectly legit 1996/97 Bruins.

Thanks, fellows. Kings jersey would be even better! ;-)