It is good or not?

lafountain

Frozen Pond has a great selection of authentics, anyone know if they are Indo or 2.0? The pictures they use are of replicas and the description doesn't say either way.

I would suggest emailing them and asking about whichever specific jersey you are interested in. Got my wings WC from there and it was edge 2.0

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought a Leafs third from them. They had indo and 2.0 so I had to specify I wanted the 2.0

Maybe it's your computer, but I can definitely see a fight strap in the first picture.

LOL, you are correct. I shut the blinds and with the glare removed I can now see it plain as day. My bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Ottawa-Senators-1-Reebok-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-Mens-52-Fight-Strap-/321462445156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4ad8a7a464

I've never seen this style jersey with the Reebok vector. I thought they were still CCM jerseys at the time?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Ottawa-Senators-1-Reebok-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-Mens-52-Fight-Strap-/321462445156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4ad8a7a464

I've never seen this style jersey with the Reebok vector. I thought they were still CCM jerseys at the time?

Reebok took over after CCM and Koho with the same jersey style until they introduced the edge design. That's legit.

Reebok took over the league contract in 2005 and produced those jerseys from 2005-07. They're basically the same jersey as the CCM, just with a different brand logo and NHL shield.

Thanks guys!

And thanks, I use that site usually, didn't realize I could break it down by year. I just usually went to the team and it just had 2000-2007 clumped together.

Just a bit of trivia for you- the Reebok 6100 Senators jerseys (2005-07) were essentially the same as the CCM's made from 2002-04 (both were airknit), but the CCM's before 2002 had the same design but were actually made of ultrafil, unlike most NHL jerseys during the 2000's.

Should I be concerned by the lack of a nameplate/name on it and/or are those numbers good? The back 1 looks kinda low compared to where I THINK a nameplate would go so I could be wrong.

None of that stuff should matter much unless you plan to make it a Ray Emery and keep the number 1. Otherwise you can strip it and customize it for whichever player you want. The only thing that's more risky about stripping a jersey customized with a number 1 is that if it doesn't strip cleanly it's difficult to cover it up well with any other numbers. What plans did you have for customizing the jersey if you were to get it?

None of that stuff should matter much unless you plan to make it a Ray Emery and keep the number 1. Otherwise you can strip it and customize it for whichever player you want. The only thing that's more risky about stripping a jersey customized with a number 1 is that if it doesn't strip cleanly it's difficult to cover it up well with any other numbers. What plans did you have for customizing the jersey if you were to get it?

My intentions were to make it an Emery and get the Stanley Cup patch since it was a 2006-2007 jersey. That's why I was more concerned about the numbers and such.

Oh OK, so you do want to keep the #1. Well the back 1 looks quite good to me, fontwise. The arm 1 might possibly be just a tad wide, but I'm being extremely picky here. And yes, the back 1 does look a bit low- it seems like the bottom of the 1 extends beyond the lowest part of the fight strap attachment. You may have to make an extra wide nameplate and put it a bit lower than normal so that there is not too much space between the name and number. It also looks like there is an outline of a nameplate remaining, as if someone removed the original nameplate, for whatever reason.

Would it be a good idea to possibly strip just the back number, and replace it with one that is higher up? I understand that it may not come off perfectly, but if you cover it back up with a majority of the number still, there is only a couple inches on the bottom that would be exposed from the old placement.

I only ask because it bothers me how low it is and if I put the name plate on lower it would all just look kinda off.

Edited by A Young Rookie Learnin

If the placement of the 1 bothers you that much, then it probably would be worth your while to at least try to remove and replace it. Personally, I've had good luck with stripping white jerseys, especially airknit- still haven't run into one that didn't come completely clean. (But you still never know!)

If the placement of the 1 bothers you that much, then it probably would be worth your while to at least try to remove and replace it. Personally, I've had good luck with stripping white jerseys, especially airknit- still haven't run into one that didn't come completely clean. (But you still never know!)

Good to know LAK, I appreciate it! I've never stripped a jersey before, do you have any suggestions on where to send it that would to the best job for that/also put on the nameplate and name and patch? May try it myself but not sure yet.

This is a lot of theorizing for a jersey I haven't got yet, just trying to plan out what I would have to do if I get it hahah

I would really suggest that you try stripping it yourself. It's nothing difficult at all, and it can actually be fun. Particularly in this case, in which it's extremely unlikely that you could do anything to screw it up, even if you have no experience in this. Even in the worst case scenario, in which you can't remove all the adhesive, you're going to be putting the same number back on anyway, which will cover up most, if not all the residue. Even if a little residue remains at the bottom of the 1, the customizer could probably bail you out and finish the cleanup job- they would have had to do that anyway if you hadn't done it in the first place. In other words, you've really got nothing to lose by doing it yourself, and it can be a fun and valuable experience for you.

I'm sorry but since I don't own any Ottawa jerseys, I have no knowledge of how accurately various customizers do them. Angelo's Team Lettering Sources guide indicates that Cutting Edge did the on-ice jerseys, so you might want to consider them.

I should add that the stitches on the back 1 are gigantic, and spaced quite far apart. This makes it really easy to get the seam ripper blade inside the stitches, and it goes really fast because you have less threads to cut. You probably couldn't ask for a less risky scenario for your first strip job. DO IT!

If you don't strip this one yourself you're going to doing yourself a big disservice. This will be the easiest jersey you ever strip and you'll never learn how easy it is to do it if you don't give it a shot.

Edited by DC Red Wings